Author Topic: Come Join Our Random Picnic!!!  (Read 3191 times)

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
Come Join Our Random Picnic!!!
« on: August 01, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »
So this is for my sister, She wants to set up a giant picnic at the con sort of as one of those random things that happen at cons. So to help her out Please come to the Random picnic that will most likly happen In the park across the street from the hotel on the second day. The time is yet to be disided. So please, if you plan on coming please post your cosplay, and what food you would like to bring. More details later. THANKS!!! :D :D

okay, I changed it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:36:09 am by lilyrosa143 »
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: Come Join Our Random Picnic!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 05:16:35 pm »
Do you mean IN the hotel? Like in the middle of a hallway? Usually the hotel won't allow those kind of gatherings because it's a fire hazard (and people get blocked up).
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »
Yeah the middle of the hotel is a bad idea. Not only will hotel staff be upset but so will con goers. I would suggest doing it at the park across the street from the hilton.

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 06:19:29 pm »
lmao

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Mhm, Nikki and Fleur are right.

You can't have a picnic somewhere that'll be bothersome to others, so I recommend you do it at the park.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 07:48:25 pm »
Plus, if the hotel staff are anything like they were at the hotel last year (lets pray they aren't) they wont let you stop in the hallways to tie your shoes. x.x

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:08:29 pm »

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:47 am »
And if i remember right, the hotel staff doesn't even allow people to bring food into the hotel. So even if you were completely out of the way, a picnic would still be a bad idea.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 08:34:11 am »
And if i remember right, the hotel staff doesn't even allow people to bring food into the hotel. So even if you were completely out of the way, a picnic would still be a bad idea.
I think you can have food in your rooms, but not at panels/in the public area unless its from the hotel's own craft services/cafes.

The park is right across the street, its HUGE. Seriously. If you want a picnic, thats the place to be. Lots of people will be eating out on the lawn/park. Everyone will be annoyed at you if you try and do what you are saying in your post, OP.

Offline lilyrosa143

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 11:31:58 am »
No, I did not mean in the hallway, last year she had a picnic IN the hotel but off to the side of the lobby and no one said anything. No food in the hotel? I have never heard that. But okay. In the park across the street. Whatever works. Just helping my sister out.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:37:00 am by lilyrosa143 »
What does man value more than life, yet fear more than death and mortal strife? What the poor have the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the mizer spends and the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to there graves.

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:26 pm »
I think you can have food in your rooms, but not at panels/in the public area unless its from the hotel's own craft services/cafes.

The park is right across the street, its HUGE. Seriously. If you want a picnic, thats the place to be. Lots of people will be eating out on the lawn/park. Everyone will be annoyed at you if you try and do what you are saying in your post, OP.

Uh, really? I've never heard of that, but I could be wrong. I mean, last year we definitely bought food outside of the con (subways, mcdonalds) and brought it into panels and such and no one said anything.

I don't think I've seen this rule on any of those rules videos either.

@lilyrosa143 Esther Short Park is lovely, I think it'd be a great place to have your picnic if the weather is allowing, it'd probably have a much better atmosphere than inside where a lot of people are walking/talking anyways
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline rukavampireknight

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 01:42:48 pm »
Ester short park sounds fun my sister and i will come.

Me
cosplay: Ruka from vampire knight see profile pic
food: chips or something

Sister
Cosplay: Umbreon
food: TBA

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:59 pm »
ill come to as tiki mikk ill think of some food to bring

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 07:10:21 am »
if its not during the yaoi thing or hetalia world meeting ill come as either poland or canada. I can bring soda? And cups?
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor