Author Topic: ~nintendo 3DS~  (Read 27851 times)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
Re: ~nintendo 3DS~
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:41 pm »
I'm definitely getting one when they come out, if only to be able to play Ocarina of Time on the go  ;D

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 01:53:45 pm »
I'm definitely getting one when they come out, if only to be able to play Ocarina of Time on the go  ;D

That's why I want one of these things!!!!. They should re-make Majora's Mask for the DS as well. Those are my two favorite games!
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 02:00:22 pm »

That's why I want one of these things!!!!. They should re-make Majora's Mask for the DS as well. Those are my two favorite games!

YES!!! Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, so if they remade that for the 3DS I would be ecstatic! n.n

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 02:07:39 pm »
Yeah Majora's Mask is my favorite as well! but OOT was still amazing.
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:55 pm »
Huzzah for another Majora's Mask fan! Its funny, 4 of the 5 LoZ cosplays I want to do are from Majora's Mask (Link, Deku Link, Zora Link, and Fierce Diety/Oni Link) ;D

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »
Huzzah for another Majora's Mask fan! Its funny, 4 of the 5 LoZ cosplays I want to do are from Majora's Mask (Link, Deku Link, Zora Link, and Fierce Diety/Oni Link) ;D

Nice man, I've always wanted to cosplay Skullkid![Majora's Mask], he's my favorite Villain :D. Those cosplays would be amazing!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 10:27:44 pm »
I like Majora's Mask, but I'm hoping a remake of OoT will be more difficult.  OoT was not hard enough.  Majora's Mask did not have that problem!!

Nice man, I've always wanted to cosplay Skullkid![Majora's Mask], he's my favorite Villain :D. Those cosplays would be amazing!

There was a Skullkid cosplayer at Sakura Con with a homemade latex mask.  It was pretty awesome.

I cosplay TP Link as seen in my avatar, but I incorporated a Majora's Mask joke into my cosplay.  It makes me want to cosplay Majora's Mask, but I'm not nearly short or young enough to cosplay Young Link, or the Skull Kid, or any other mostly-human MM character I can think of right now.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010, 11:10:39 pm »
That's cool. I really want to create a Majora's Mask and cosplay skull kid, that's one of my future cosplays I'd like to do!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2010, 12:52:32 pm »
That's cool. I really want to create a Majora's Mask and cosplay skull kid, that's one of my future cosplays I'd like to do!

Good luck then!  Here's to making Kumori Con more creepy.

Mwahaha.  This just gave me a fun idea for next con. >.>
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »
Im surprised no one has said anything about this yet....

ANYWAY, CRAPPY LAUNCH GAMES, CRAPPY BATTERY LIFE (2 hours, changing settings could boost it to about 5) BUT GOOD POTENTIAL....What do you guys think?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2011, 08:56:27 pm »
waiting about 1 year before i buy it -w-b cuz by then they would have tweaked out the bugs and come out with a new one. lawl.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2011, 08:42:42 pm »
Plus better games, oh, and did you guys know that it only costed 100$ to make it? Feels like a rip off....It should be 200$ instead of 250.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:43:53 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2011, 09:11:28 pm »
I know it's almost april, But if you can wait till day after thanksgiving sales you will find a deal for it, it depends if you can wait or not
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 09:12:24 pm »
yea ima definetely wait. if i waited 3 years for the ds lite i think i can wait -w-b
and ds lite still sucks IMO

and it's SUCH a rip off! that's why i will wait and probably sell my ds lite (i hate that piece of @*$%! lol)

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2011, 09:29:33 pm »
You must first defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance! :3

You're welcome to try but I'm sure I've seen the best one I could ever capture on a crappy JVC cam. Maybe one year he will return so that I can catch it in HD. I'm more impressed with the Garudo guards than the Link and Zelda cosplayers but that skull kid has zazz. The mask is hot. The mask stays. <3

My DS Lite was cheap($110) since I waited 5 years to buy it but the R trigger is already starting to wear out. I hate to say it but sometimes all the Nintendo consoles after the NES feel like cheap junk and it pisses me off. You should see the dead zone on my N64 joystick...Haha. All the fun games I want are now on the PSP and are still untranslated or near impossible to emulate so I'll probably go with that long before I ever buy a 3DS. Either way, I just don't see any point in dropping two days pay on a console that I might play 3 hours per week. My life is too busy for many games these days and battery technology still hasn't advanced enough to justify power-hungry devices. I guess I'm not really much of a gamer anymore. I can wait another year I guess. :/
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2011, 11:38:24 pm »
Lol, I just started the DS generation because I first got the PSP. My sister got a DSi about a few months ago so now Im playing all over it. Im still leaning to see the NGP, seems like a cool device.

(NGP ; Next Generation Gaming Portable-SONY, basically the PSP2.) Anyway, I'm like addicted to DRAGON QUEST IX on it so it's going to be a while before I finish this generation, and by then, 3DS stuff will be cheap and everything. I got my life set back when it comes to NINTENDO portables. (I don't have much games on the Wii either, waiting for DRAGON QUEST X on it.)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 12:21:03 am »
i am a kh nerd so... any game system with a kh game on it, i buy -w-

so 3ds will be on hold for the moment but the ps3 ... i gotta get my hands on that some time soon >.>

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 01:21:43 am »
 And personally, I don't think any of the Gameboy or DS releases were superfluous, except for maybe Gameboy Color. But I didn't own a GBC, so I can't judge.
I'm late to the convo but, ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???  This was only the most important next step you could possibly take to getting new tech put into something.  Hello, its COLOR!  Without this, just think how we might still be looking at shaded tetris blocks and "is that lava or water, oh well here goes... SH!$!"  Mmm hmmmm.

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2011, 08:57:42 am »
Got my 3DS today for my birthday (happy 20th birthday to me xD), and I just gotta say that it is AWESOME! The graphics are stronger than that of the wii (same polygon count, but much better shaders and what not) and the 3D actually looks pretty cool. Plus its awesome to fight a dragon that just erupted out of the floor in your living room (augmented reality FTW). Like NARUNIK said, the battery life is on the low side, but considering how much power this thing has I can easily forgive it. Also the puppies and kittens in Nintendogs and Cats look so adorable!

Also one thing I really like: it has a control stick! And the stick works with DS games too! That made my day, and makes it so I can actually go through 358/2 Days without complaining about the controls every 5 minutes lol.

@luvan1me I have 3 words for you: dream drop distance. Thats the kingdom hearts game they're working on for the 3DS, and from what I've seen and heard it looks like its gonna be awesome.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2011, 11:22:19 am »
Going to pick up my Gamestop preorder today!! I traded in my DSi, so it was 75 bucks off :D

Save Caprica!!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2011, 05:22:45 pm »
Got my 3DS today for my birthday (happy 20th birthday to me xD), and I just gotta say that it is AWESOME! The graphics are stronger than that of the wii (same polygon count, but much better shaders and what not) and the 3D actually looks pretty cool. Plus its awesome to fight a dragon that just erupted out of the floor in your living room (augmented reality FTW). Like NARUNIK said, the battery life is on the low side, but considering how much power this thing has I can easily forgive it. Also the puppies and kittens in Nintendogs and Cats look so adorable!

Also one thing I really like: it has a control stick! And the stick works with DS games too! That made my day, and makes it so I can actually go through 358/2 Days without complaining about the controls every 5 minutes lol.

@luvan1me I have 3 words for you: dream drop distance. Thats the kingdom hearts game they're working on for the 3DS, and from what I've seen and heard it looks like its gonna be awesome.

lol yea i saw it and even got a glimpse of it :3 that's why i knew about the 3DS WAY before it was even announced XD or even rumored, i suppose it was rumored more through the kh forums >.<

but i'm going for ps3 first, just cuz i have a ds lite atm, and i really don't want to invest in a game system that JUST came out UNTIL about a year or so later after the market has settled, UNLESS i win it in that drawing on friday >.< I HOPE I WIN! hurr!

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2011, 11:48:09 am »
I picked mine up yesterday. It is really really fantastic. Like, the best nintendo console ever.
My favorite parts:
  ~The Augmented Reality Cards. First time I've ever got to hold Samus in my hand and fight a dragon on my kitchen floor.
  ~The 3D. It works very very very well.
  ~Nintendogs + Cats. UM, CUTENESS IN 3D = AWESOME.
  ~Streetpass. I haven't used a lot of it yet, but it seems very cool.
  ~The Camera. I got to take a 3D picture of my dog licking my dad. 'Nuff said.
Yes, the launch titles are not expansive, but I am set with Super Street Fighter 4 and Nintendogs. Not to mention that it comes with FaceRaiders, which is really awesome.

Save Caprica!!

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »
I'll get a 3DS like in 2 years. They always make a 2nd model and becomes more slick or brighter. There no good game library right now the only games I like are Zelda and the dead or alive game.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:12 pm »
^have you even tried out the street fighter game? o.o and yeah ima wait a while till a new one comes out lol

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »
^have you even tried out the street fighter game? o.o and yeah ima wait a while till a new one comes out lol

I hate SSF4 its very unbalanced(they keep making updates for the game...cause they suck at balancing it). I only play SF2, SFA, and 3rd strike. Those are actual good street fighter games.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:24:47 pm by TheDevilsNightmare »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »
lawl i love sf4 that's probably my only favorite >.< i love sakura so heh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 10:41:52 pm »
Sakura was introduced in SFA2 she plays better on those games. SSF4 is just awful but difference you probably play it for fun :p and I like the quality of gameplay

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2011, 11:47:31 am »
Super Street Fighter 4 is well balanced. Don't be a hater.

Save Caprica!!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 11:40:37 pm »
i love gameplay. i love both fun and competition, but that is the only SF game i really like -.-" i don't like using any other characters, other than MAYBE chun li, but even then i don't like their styles. and yeah don't be hating :P

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 12:14:14 am »
I aint hating just telling it like it iz. there making another update to re-balancing the game........... cause its not so great. 3rd Strike for life the most balanced street fighter game in the world.

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »
I was thinking, What if I made a thread for storing people's friend codes for their 3DS's and what games they have. People would post their FC and games (knowing it would be shared), that way we could get a small league or club or clan or whatever for K-con started. Then when it gets closer to the convention we could set-up some meet and greets and we all would have streetpass on.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2011, 10:14:43 pm »
Go for it.  The more people that know other people have/play/like this game or that, the more people will be able to meet and have fun together.  are you going to include pc games and accounts like steam?

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:15 pm »
I just got one. This thing has a ton of neat features.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Himura Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2011, 12:35:15 am »
I got my 3DS at launch, it's awesome.

Current Cosplay:
-Sebastian Michaelis (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler)

Possible Future Cosplay Plans:
-Castiel (Supernatural)
-Assassin Link

Offline nerdtastic

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »
Make sure you guys download and connect to the e-shop like...now!

Gotta connect by today to download your free games in Sept!

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2011, 08:30:23 am »
Make sure you guys download and connect to the e-shop like...now!

Gotta connect by today to download your free games in Sept!

Totally the first thing I did.

I'm digging the Ocarina of Time remake.... It still looks JUST like the 64 version, but you can tell they smoothed a lot of stuff out.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2011, 08:25:59 pm »
Got one awhile ago, and glad to know it will have a Virtual Console-esque downloads for GBA and SNES games.
Which reminds me, if anyone wants to add me, my friend code is 3480-2594-4811. I'll add anyone else who puts theirs, I just like seeing the orange "Friend Online" alert flashing occasionally :33
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2011, 11:30:26 am »
HEROES OF RUIN BABY
You guys should really get it. You can play up to 4 person multiplayer :O
Here's the IGN article, slated for release early 2012 linky link link

Just thought I'd let you guys know, it seems very interesting.

As a side note, I really love how the 3D works for the DS. I enjoy how it looks like its a window to their world, full of depth, without tackily making things pop out. At least, on the games I've played.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:30:37 am by Eeveeification »
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.