Author Topic: looking for some help  (Read 2620 times)

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.shinjinrui.cjb.net
looking for some help
« on: September 04, 2005, 11:42:12 pm »
okay im starting a website with a bunch of friends in tacoma, its a webcomic/news/gaming/events/cosplay/random things/maybe even a can oneday! type website and after a long time of working at it i finnaly made a layout for the site... and now its sitting there almost compleatly content-less... so i me and the guys are looking for ppl to help us with a few random things. these things range from simple 1-2 paragraph bloggish reviews of manga/jrock/anime/cons/whatever to helping us make comics, radio shows, small conventions, or whatever...

for the most part i usualy do the updating of the site (i also draw the main webcomic thats going to be othe site for the next year or so)  so all ppl would really have to do is send me a text document of their reports/iedas/whatever...

were also looking for  fo some good cosplayers to make fan pages for...

so if anyone is intrested in helping us atain our ultamate goal of strengthening the otaku subculture... reply or email me...

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
looking for some help
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 02:05:04 am »
so i have this bad habit of making things kinda vauge... so im going to make a list of some of the things we preticularly need help with... im sure a lot of these are things you already think/talk/have intrest in... so take a look

1) jounalists...
     i. these are ppl who write about all sorts of stuff. nothing serious, just a few paragraphs, almost like a blog about things like videogames, anime, manga, cons, cosplay... stuff like that
     ii. i'd like to point out that doing this stuff is seriously easy. taking like 5 mins to make a 2 paragraph article about a game/movie/ect. that you rented or bought...
     iii. honestly this is all kinda funny cause we started this whole journalist thing when we saw how easily penny arcade gets into E3 every year.... they have a tottal of 5 or so articles... not that were doing this as an attempt to be like penny arcade or get into e3...

2) writers...
     i. theres several webcomic ideas that we have and we need help putting story into these webcomics... after all we dont wanna end up like penny arcade (not that thats a bad thing...)

3) otaku...
     i. we have a section called life as an otaku. its a mini side webcomic. and the thing is theres all types of otaku... so i fear that if i did that whole part of the site myself it would get really boring...
     ii. theres a part of our site called 'things every otaku should know' is kind of a real ultamate power spoof in which we give out random and sometimes slightly disturbing do's and dont's of being an otaku

4) lv. 5 journalist who can use the skill 'interview'
     i. were actualy working on getting a business license and making ourselves officialy part of the press... besides getting into e3 this will also allow us to get into con/event and interview the special guests... and while this would be pretty cool to do ourselves... im the only person in the group who speaks japanese... (not that thats always neccessary but it is a plus!)

5) Cos/Crosplayers
     i. we're always lookign for ppl to join our cosplay group!
     ii. were also looking for ppl to make fan pages for...

6) Ppl who are good with calanders
     i. one semi big thing that we do is try to make weekly/biweekly events for ppl to go to so were not bored all the time... but theres always this problem of schedualing things on days of other events or we tottaly forget to tell ppl about our events... or we just flat out forget that day... (which has happend twice...)

theres a few other things... like managerial positons open too... but i just realized that its 2:04 in the morning and i need to go play gunz online... also i noticed everyone is probably at the con right now too... see, thats bad schedualing right there...

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
looking for some help
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:59:18 pm »
bump

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
looking for some help
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 12:00:07 pm »
No bumps. If no one is interested enough to post, no one is interested enough to post.
2008 Facilities Liaison