Author Topic: Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)  (Read 99051 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
Re: Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2012, 11:28:25 am »
I'm actually considering not cosplaying this year. Or just wearing my old Aqua... Or Roxas in the schoolgirl outfit... *snickers and dies of stupidity*
Mostly cause all my pals who'd attend with me are broke/busy or saving for other things- like a trip to Ireland and San Diego Comic Con. My roommate's going though, so I might have someone to bug a few times during the con.

I'll be stuck people watching and stuff, so I'm not sure what I'll do or who I'll cosplay. I have cosplays lined up to wear if I change my mind. Right now I'm looking at being extremely wallflower-shy mode. *hangs head* It's amazing how shy an introvert becomes when NONE of her friends are coming! All the extrovert goes FWIP! Flying right out the window.

veraca I have Asberger's syndrome so I'm extremely introverted. Everyday is a fight just get myself to get out into the world. Just take things one step at a time. Take a camera along and take some pictures. Go see some panels, and definitely check out some AMVS and some show premieres. There's plenty to do at Sakuracon. Just take it at a nice easy pace and you can't go wrong.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2012, 08:03:51 am »
I applaud you :)

I know there are things to do. I just feel really shy when I'm in a new setting. Something about I don't like change and social gatherings, and yet I force myself to go to con cause I enjoy them when I go.
It's more of I know there's the reward of the con hanging right there, but at this moment, I'm more concerned with I won't be as extrovert because I don't have my normal friends. I'm glad I have some friends I can chat with here and there that will be at the convention, but at the same time, I don't want to be that person that suddenly attaches themselves to your group and won't leave you alone.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:54 am »
So, does anybody understand the deal with registration for Sakura-con?  Maybe I'm missing something, but the way that the form is now structured sucks; for some reason, they're not giving prices.  How much is pre-reg right now, and when will it change?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2012, 05:38:32 am »
$55 until the end of February; after that it's $60 at the door.

(https://secure.sakuracon.org/registration/index.php)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:25 am »
^ Okay, that may have been part of the problem... I just went straight to the registration form  Plus, Bressler called me to answer the questions that my club had.

Thanks, random.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:06:45 am by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2012, 01:16:24 am »
It looks like the paperwork has been approved and processed. I'm going to Sakura-con for the first time in 4 years!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:10 am »
Glad to hear uit dude. By the way does anyone here know when Sakuracon starts sending out information on whether a person's panel has been approved? I'm just curious.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2012, 07:00:49 am »
I've been waiting for a confirmation, too.  They told me that I should know by the 4th, at the latest.  I'll probably shoot them an e-mail later today, when I'm not babysitting.  (Yay for nephews!)

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:57 pm »
I registered and booked a hotel room and train tickets today. Getting excited!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:12 pm »
I just recived word. Otaku 25 and Older - The Return is a go.

Here's some info on it for anyone interested.

Otaku 25 and older - The Return

Room: Panels & Workshops - 604
Start Time: 10:30PM - Saturday 07 April 2012

In hope any of you Kumoricon goers 25 and older can make it. And Washougal_Otaku if you can't make it that night because it conflicts with something else...I'll understand. I've already come up with a Plan B for if my co-panelists don't show up. But if you can please e-mail me quick as you can I need to chat with you about an idea I came up with. Or better still contact me on Skype.

Am I nervous, am i scared? YES I'm very scared. But I'm hoping to provide a reasonable amount of entertainment. Hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:18:49 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:27 pm »
...I should probably check the time for my panel, too.  This way, I can see if there's a schedule conflict or not...

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2012, 07:02:11 am »
I don't know if this would be the right place to ask, but is anyone coming from the Tigard area or passing through the Tigard area on their way to the con that still has some room in their car? I'm in need of a ride.

Second thing I wanted to ask: is there anyone taking the train from PDX to the con that I could see about meeting up with while on the train? It'd be a little lonely traveling alone, and it would help to have someone around to show me where to go (since I've never been to Sakuracon before).

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2012, 12:04:40 pm »
I think everyone should've gotten their panel information and confirmations by now... I got mine around the 21st, too. So, I think Megan's sent everybody's out by now. Mine ended up in my junk box so I almost missed it x.x
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2012, 10:50:18 am »
^^ My club is taking AmTrak to the con, but it'll be during Friday afternoon.

Good news, Animeman73!  My other panel is Friday night 9:15-11:15!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2012, 11:34:54 am »
YAAAAY, I'll be happy to have you on board Washougal_Otaku you're a real trooper for doing this.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:41 am »

Offline ToriKat

• Cabbit
    • ToriKat's deviantART
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2012, 04:29:05 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Pardon the blatent panel promotion but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:26:21 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Pardon the blantent panel promotiobn but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.

I've seen that panel but never really know what it's about.  Maybe this year I'll actually check it out, I'm just past the 25 limit at 26 years old.  :P

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:59 pm »
Second thing I wanted to ask: is there anyone taking the train from PDX to the con that I could see about meeting up with while on the train? It'd be a little lonely traveling alone, and it would help to have someone around to show me where to go (since I've never been to Sakuracon before).

Oh hey! My sister and I are going to be taking the train the day before when we travel there, and the day after to come home. It'll be just her and I, and if you wanted to join up, I could give you the times we're headed both ways!
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »
me and my bestie will be driving up on the 5th ~ I can't wait till the con !
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline ToriKat

• Cabbit
    • ToriKat's deviantART
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:46 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Pardon the blantent panel promotion but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.
When will the panel be?  I hope it's after the alley closes.  ^^

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2012, 01:10:51 am »

Pardon the blantent panel promotion but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.
When will the panel be?  I hope it's after the alley closes.  ^^

It'll be on Saturday, starting at 10:30 p.m., so you should be fine.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »
I just got an e-maiil from Sakuracon. the Schedule is all printed up.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »
Awesome!  I'll have to take a look here and print it off later!  (In the meantime, I have something at Clark to take care of, first).

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »
Is KC gonna have a booth @ SC? Just outta curiosity.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »
I REALLY DON'T SEE ANYTHING on the schedule. I can only get up to one page of it before it completely stops! Is there something wrong with the pdf program or do I have to wait a few more days before the con to print out every one of the pages?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2012, 07:39:51 pm »
Is KC gonna have a booth @ SC? Just outta curiosity.

Yes.

I REALLY DON'T SEE ANYTHING on the schedule. I can only get up to one page of it before it completely stops! Is there something wrong with the pdf program or do I have to wait a few more days before the con to print out every one of the pages?

It's all there (12 pages), at least as of right now when I checked.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2012, 06:57:26 pm »
Well folks I thought now's as good a time as any to get things started. The final countrdown tio Sakuracon I hereby declare begins today.

13 days untill Sakuracon.

That's right folks 13 days left untill the big show starts. Once again yours truly will be there looking for great Anime and non-anime character cosplays to shoot (WITH MY CAMERA NOT A GUN!!!) as wll as see abiout some photos of the great anime voice actors. I'm making it a top priority to  see about getting a photo of Mr. Epic anime voice actor himself Steve Blum. Washougal_Otaku and myself will be doing panels. And again I'd like to thank Washougal_Otaku for volunteering to be part of Otaku 25 and older. At my panel I'll also be joined by Dr. Dave so we'll have a nice mixture. In Washougal_Otaku we have a younger anime fan. In me we have someone in the middle and in Dr. Dave we have an older anime fan. So its a nice balanced mix. Don't forget to support ashougal_Otaku and his panel as well. Also if you can check out PaladinCecil and his panels including his new fanfic/fanart panel.  Meanwhile start puting the fiinal touches on your cosplays, and if you're entering any of the Sakuracon contests get your stuff ready to go.  I hope for you cosplayers that I run into some of your there. I'd love to put you in my blog.  13 days left folks it may not seem, like much now but trsut me when you get to be my age time starts to fly. So get the lead out people and get eady for Sakuracon in 13 days.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:56:44 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2012, 07:27:53 am »
12 days untill Sakuracon.

that's right everyone 12 days that's just under two weeks, time to really get going and finish up those cosplaysyou've been planning if you're going to be heading to Seattle and Sakuracon this year. And if you're in need of a quick snack you can always stop off at one of the vendors in the Seattle Convention center or if you want to sate your sweet tooth or get something for those sniffles you can always hop over to Bartell's for something. Don't forget to come support your fellow Kumoricon members in ourshinnanigans at Sakuracon this year. It's going to be a great event this year with lots of fun people, lots of laughs, and definitely lots to do.

12 days left folks time to start hurrying up those projects because under 2 weeks can go by real fast. This is Animeman73, and the countdown to Sakuracon 2012 continues.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:55:42 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2012, 09:07:10 am »
11 days untill Sakuracon!

Tick, tock, tick tock, tick tock! Time is slipping away folks. In eleven days the Emerald city becaomes the center of the Anime Universe. Can't you feel the excitment building up folks. Anime charcters, non-anime charcters, familes and friends all coming togetherat the Gigantic Great Western Trade and convention center in downtown Seattle for loads and loads of anime goodness. Just some words of advice from this humble blogger, just amke sureyou stay with friends an/or family when you go anywhere at night so that your experience will stay safe and happy. And motre importantly don't forget to eat. There are some great venues around the convention center and even a nifty place near the main events center where you can buy stuff such as pizza and other goodies. Also remember to pace yourself sot hat you don't get overwhelmed by everything, and make sure to make a plan for what you want to go see. And also for those of us who are doing panels make sure you show up for your panels at least 30 minutes before it's time. The Sakuracon staff will appreciate you doing things by the book. Other than that have a good time and who knows you might meet some new frinds along the way, or at least see some great cosplays.  11 days to go untill Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, and the countdown to Sakuracon continues!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:58:00 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2012, 04:26:32 am »
It's going to be nearing freak-out mode for some people. I'm waiting on literally nothing this year, which is a nice change of pace. I am waiting for some pants to get in from a friend, but I have back-up plans like always that I might wear instead. Never know how these things go.

Time to get the cosplays out and the ironing board! <3
Kumori'15

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:51 am »
10 days to Sakuracon.

That's right all you guys and gals out thee 10 days untill the fireworks start! Getting down to near the singles digits, I hope you're making progress iin getting your cosplays ready. And while you're at it here's a piece of advice for all of you going to Sakuracon. Make a list of everything you want tio take to the convention with you, then print it up an put it somewhere where you can see it. When you have a list of everything you want to take along you're less likely to forget anything. I know this because I made a list myself last year fior the cons I was going to and I found that it worked wonders. Oh and if you're planning on taking a digital camera with you make sure to take along a memory card or two with lots of Gigs of memory. Also remember to take extra batteries for your camera. Or if you happen to forget batteries you can always stop by Bartell's near the convention Center and pick some up there. I recall last year Bartell's saved me from a weekend of embarassment and frustration when a nice employee there showed me their battery center. And as always make sure to pace yourself and have lots of fun because when it comes to Sakuracon fun is the name of the game. 10 days untill the big weekend folks, 10 days and they can go by real fast. And don't forget if you're 25 or older come and check out Washougal_Otaku, Dr. Dave, and yours truly at Otaku 25 and older.

I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2012, 09:16:55 am »
9 days untill Sakuracon.

That's right folks 9 days we're down to the singles digits if you count Day ) as a day for Sakuracon. I've made my plans for how I'm going to get to Sakuracon and I'm getting very excited for what's in store for everybody. This year's Sakuracon is going to rock so for all of you from kumoricon who are planning on attending, let's head up to Seattle and show the good people of the Emerald city just how polite and classy the people of the Portland/Vancouver area are. Let's show the Sakuracon staff that when we come around nothing but good things come of it. And up ad above all else lets have fun but please don't break any bones when you glomp someone. 9 days untill Sakuracon, I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2012, 11:24:58 am »
There is a current issue with my college's ability to do its job correctly.  Because it took them over a month to issue a check, my club may have issues with registration for the con.  I should be hearing back from the purchasing department either today or tomorrow, assuming that the folks at Sakuracon kept their word about responding in a timely fashion.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »
Oh boy -Sigh- Do what you can Washougal and i hope to hear from you soon. I hope it all works espcially considering Dr. Dave has suggested we have Saturday Skype meet-up.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »
Skype on Saturday?  I could do that, so long as it's morning/early afternoon.  I've already got plans for the late afternoon/evening time.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:19 pm »
(heck yeah you've got plans for saturday afternoon. i've been missing the sailor moon group something awful it's been like a month since i've seen you guys.)

i made significant progress today, mostly on the things i'm making for friends. i'm getting so pumped for con, aaaahhhh. less than two weeks!! i'm starting to think about packing too.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:13 am »
That reminds me... I should check up on the progress on my new gloves... and see where my tights and "special articles" went off to.  (Maybe they ran away.  XD)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2012, 08:37:17 am »
I have to leave for work around noon but we could arrange for ameeting in the morning if you're up for it.

8 days untill Sakuracon.

That's right folks now we're really geting into the singles digits of days I've already started packing my things for the upcoming convention and I hope you are too. And if you ever get an attacjk of the munchies while you're there you've got choices in Taco Del mar, SUBWAY and a little pizza place they have there or you can go outside the convention center and get something to eat. So, you've got choices. And once again irecommend making a list of things to take to Sakuracon and then marking them off as you pack them up anjd get ready to go. We're going to have some fun and make some great memories for opurselves up in Seattle, Washington. And if by chance you should happen to come down a nasty little coldwhile at Sakuracon Bartell's sis nearby where you can get some Over the Counter medication. All the same don't forget to wash your hands whenever you can. Cleanliness will help you avoid getting sick. We want to be healthy son we can have loads of fun at Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:53:10 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »
Mornings sound good.

...isn't that Taco Del Mar by the cheesecake place?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:00 pm »
My friend's been hauling serious ___ to get her Navi cosplay finished in time. All that's left right now is the wings. That means I have to fix up my kid!Link asap and get the shield worked on. And read up on Sakuracon's weapon policy and metal swords.... The shield worries me more then the sword for some reason.
Kumori'15

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »
Mornings sound good.

Taco Del Mar is in the convention center.

If you go to 3rd and Pike, 3 blocks over, you have your choice of Qdoba and Chipotle (at opposite corners)--much better places.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:37 am »
Um, just curious, but does anyone have an idea as to where I can find a decent masquerade mask for the Masquerade Ball? I'm not sure my schedule will allow for the mask-making panel (I'll be working at the Info Booth, see). If possible, I'd like to find one of those doctor masks with the bird beak on the front (since I'll be cosplaying a doctor, after all), but if not, I'll just use a standard mask (nothing too flashy). Anyway, just looking for help, that's all. (Oh, and my available locations are Tigard, Tualatin, and Beaverton)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »
7 days untill Sakuracon.

Ring-a-ding ding folks. 1 week to go untill Sakuracon. Get everything tiogether and start getting tbhat syuitcase packed because a wekk can fly by in the blink of an eye. I hope all of you that have panels at Sakuracon have them go well. Anmd I hope you have loads of fun at Sakuracon. While we may be in the same building think of every year as a new and different adventure. It's lways a good idea to go in only expecting to have fun that kind of attitude will ensure that you do. And again be careful not to break the bones of any voice actors or cosplayers who are playing you're favorite characters as they can be very skittish species. A little humor there folks. But seriously let's have fun loads of laughs and if you want to take lots iof pictures, I certainly know I will. And don't mind the rain in Seattle it is after part of the pacific northwest also. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2012, 08:42:33 pm »
Mornings sound good.

Taco Del Mar is in the convention center.

If you go to 3rd and Pike, 3 blocks over, you have your choice of Qdoba and Chipotle (at opposite corners)--much better places.

I LOVE CHIPOTLE!!!  It's been 4 years since I've been up there, so I don't remember what's there...

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »
We usually get Chinese at the Dragon Fish a few blocks away from the con center. :) It's delicious
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:23:42 pm by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2012, 08:27:47 am »
6 days untill Sakuracon.

Well this is it under 1 week, under one teeny weeny week everyone. Now the pressure is on if you haven't gotten your costume ready yet. And i hope you've been packing your things gtetting ready. I myself have just paid $50.00 top go to the big Guest of hionor get together that's happening at the hard Rock which isn't too far from the action of the convention if I'm not mistaken. I actually Google mapped the distance between my hotel and the Hard Rock and it isn't too bad. I'd actually thought that i'd missed it then lo and behold in my e-mail i get an invitation from ANCEA and as the STeve Winwood song goes "When you see a chance take it", So this Sakuracon will most certainly be interesting especially considering all the stuff that's already happening. And i hope your Sakuracon proves to be just as interesting and fun. And on my post tomorrow I'll once again be offering a link to my blog post on how to stay safe at a convention. Pay close attention because there's a lot of good stuff there that'll help keep yopur convention experience safe and happy. 6 days untill Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »
It'll be freak out time for me on Monday.

My Navi finished her costume today, which means I have to work on finishing my Link. Thankfully the big pieces are done, but I need to see if I can repair the tunic and I need a bigger (mouthed) hat. So, I hope I can still find the fabric. I also have to attach more elastic to the boots to make them sit right, and get the shield & sword made. And I'm hoping to get the shoulder belt done and a bomb-bag type pouch done to carry stuff in.
Kumori'15

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2012, 01:10:25 am »
This will be my first ever SakuraCon/trip to Seattle. Here's hoping it's a good one.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure