Author Topic: Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)  (Read 99319 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:17:15 pm »
SAKURA CON 2012 http://www.sakuracon.org/

Since we're well into July, I thought it'd be about time to start this up.

I'm curious on what everyone's planning for the convention? And to see how many plans actually make it all the way to the event  :P

I'm one of the many who seems to have plans of grandiose nature that deflate like a Jigglypuff OHKO'd in PKMN Stadium.

SO! Who's going to attempt to beat the pink balloon pokémon ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:17:38 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Sakura Con 2012 (Apr 6-8)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:14:42 am »
It's possible that my anime club will be going to Sakuracon.  We're planning on making a decision this Saturday. 

I personally don't oppose it, but since our club has gone to this con several times, (and for other reasons), I am wanting us to go somewhere else.  Our other two options (unless someone brings up another one) are Anime Expo and Project A-kon.  I'm rooting for A-kon.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:53 am »
I am definatly going. I have pre-registered already. (not to mention it is he first part of my honeymoon hehehe)

I have already started on my next costume. I will be Liger Zero Schneider from Zoids New Century Zero. I have not done much on him yet but he has started.
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 11:29:22 am »
Definately going again!
I'm not sure on my plans yet but I know for sure I'll wear Kneesocks.
And there's a possibility on Lightning from ffxiii.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 06:30:43 pm »
This will be the first time I've ever purposely skipped a convention. Yes, it will be very sad for me to miss out on all the fun at the convention I've been going to since '07 but just thinking about how much money I'll be saving in return gives me this good feeling... Cosplay and conventions are the two main reasons why I'm as broke as I am now; so if I choose not to spend my money on hotels, registration, transportation, and costumes for one year, I will be far more financially secure and have an easier time to focus on my more important goals in life.

So yeah, sorry about spoiling the excitement with my wisetalk ramble. This is a little difficult for me and it will become even more so once Sakuracon-time approaches. orz

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:11:58 pm »
This will be the first time I've ever purposely skipped a convention. Yes, it will be very sad for me to miss out on all the fun at the convention I've been going to since '07 but just thinking about how much money I'll be saving in return gives me this good feeling... Cosplay and conventions are the two main reasons why I'm as broke as I am now; so if I choose not to spend my money on hotels, registration, transportation, and costumes for one year, I will be far more financially secure and have an easier time to focus on my more important goals in life.

So yeah, sorry about spoiling the excitement with my wisetalk ramble. This is a little difficult for me and it will become even more so once Sakuracon-time approaches. orz

...*tear* ;A; Next year is going to be my first Sakuracon!

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 07:40:02 pm »
I hope i get to go! it will be my first time there if i get to. all depends on the money.

Offline Jluvial

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 07:50:20 pm »
Yep, I'm going with a bunch of people I met from last year. We're pretty much all Touhous lol. Gonna try to do a grand Yukari, with my friends who are doing Ran and Chen. It's gonna be awesome.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 01:26:08 am »
I am definatly going. I have pre-registered already. (not to mention it is he first part of my honeymoon hehehe)

That's awesome and funny, because my girlfriend & I were hoping to go to this year's as our fake honeymoon for our commitment ceremony.  Sadly, it didn't happen.  (Stupid Clark College...)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 02:17:03 am »
I may not go this year. It sounds like half my friends don't want to go so I may go to fanime with them instead. Or I can save and try and swing both 8D

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 09:21:36 am »

That's awesome and funny, because my girlfriend & I were hoping to go to this year's as our fake honeymoon for our commitment ceremony.  Sadly, it didn't happen.  (Stupid Clark College...)

Awwh that stinks! Right now our plan is to get married the Wednesday before Sakura Con, eeee! XD

Sad to see so many people not going. I hope in the end a lot of you do come!
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 01:13:07 pm »
Heck yes going again! The Depp Squad will return, and that's the con my boyfriend and I are debuting our Pirates: OST costumes. He'll be Jack of course, and I'm going as Angelica. SO EXCITE.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:13:33 pm by Shadow »

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 05:37:32 pm »

Awwh that stinks! Right now our plan is to get married the Wednesday before Sakura Con, eeee! XD

Sad to see so many people not going. I hope in the end a lot of you do come!

Congratulations!  If I do go, I'd like to offer my blessings in person.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 09:32:13 am »
Why thank you! =]

And ohhh I saw the Depp squad this year, it was cool xD very excited for Sakura, could not come soon enough! XD I worked on my Schneider cosplay last night haha going to more tonight~
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 08:45:51 pm »
I'm not sure what I'll be working for for SakuraCon... Right now I'm looking at maybe a Vocaloid.. But I'm also pawing at the idea of AX....
Kumori'15

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »
So far the plan is I'm going.

Going to be cosplaying from a bunch of animus no one knows about.

Gonna be painted blue for an entire day.

It'll be great.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »
I'm going for sure.

I need to register soon.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 02:15:25 am »
I may not go this year. It sounds like half my friends don't want to go so I may go to fanime with them instead. Or I can save and try and swing both 8D

Definitely Hit up Fanime!! It's one of the most fun Cons I've been to.

lololol, not exactly sure whats going on with SakuraCon this next year, but I'll def be at Fanime as well as a bunch of other cons.
Team Koga

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43:31 pm »
Well, our club voted Saturday, with only six members present.  It was an even tie between Sakura-con and Project A-kon.  The officers got together afterwards and agreed upon Project A-kon.  However, there was someone who wanted to submit a late vote for Sakura, and the President had given reasons for changing her vote.  We might be having a re-vote this week, or possibly the next...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 02:34:28 pm »
Definitely going.  It'll be my first con as an "adult" (by the Liquor Control Commission's standards) so I'll probably be rather inebriated for a good portion of the time and spend a copious amount of time at AFK Tavern.  Might make it a week-long trip next year depending on how things are going with school and finances.  I hate taking the time and energy to get up to Seattle and back and not having time to actually hang out with my friends up there. :C
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »
Well, our club voted Saturday, with only six members present.  It was an even tie between Sakura-con and Project A-kon.  The officers got together afterwards and agreed upon Project A-kon.  However, there was someone who wanted to submit a late vote for Sakura, and the President had given reasons for changing her vote.  We might be having a re-vote this week, or possibly the next...

Yeah, re-vote next week...

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 02:37:32 pm »
haha decided another person I'm gonna be for Sakuracon.

Robot Head guy from Party Rock Anthem.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »
haha decided another person I'm gonna be for Sakuracon.

Robot Head guy from Party Rock Anthem.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb205/Nidaime1477/LETSDOTHIS-1.jpg
Yes!

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 10:30:32 am »
Definitely going.  It'll be my first con as an "adult" (by the Liquor Control Commission's standards) so I'll probably be rather inebriated for a good portion of the time and spend a copious amount of time at AFK Tavern.  Might make it a week-long trip next year depending on how things are going with school and finances.  I hate taking the time and energy to get up to Seattle and back and not having time to actually hang out with my friends up there. :C

FYI, AFK is in Everett. That's a bit of a distance from the con.There's also another geeky bar called Cafe Mox, which just opened up in Ballard, next to Card Kingdom, one of the biggest MTG dealers in the NW. It's a pretty cool place, and the 18 bus drops you off right in front of it.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 05:32:58 pm »
I'm traveling 200 miles each way already; no reason I can't go a little out of my way to go to AFK Tavern with my Seattle friends that I only see 2 or 3 times a year. :P  I will definitely check out Café Mox though.  Maybe go on a multi-city geeky bar-crawl Thursday.  Start at Ground Kontrol, drive up to AFK, then hit Mox, then call it a night xD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:36 pm »
So, we did our revote, and everyone except for me voted for Sakuracon.  The Clark Manga & Anime Club will be going to Seattle.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:18 pm »
O.O Wow... Are you guys doing a revote later in the year before it's finalized, or is it finalizing itself now?
It's good to plan ahead though ^^
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:09:30 am »
This was the final vote.  I think most people wanted Sakura over A-kon because they feared it would be more feasible financially and it's closer to home.  Once the school year itself begins, we'll be compiling the list of members going.

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »
I'M SO GOING THIS YEAR!!!! (2012)

Sorry just had to say that.. i had to miss out on seeing everyone.. sure i was away but still i missed seeing all my friends and hanging out with them.. pluse sakuracon was my first con so i miss it!

And this year i'm so going to have an awsome outfits!!

So can't wait to go to it this time...
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 10:40:35 am »
^ With that in mind, depending on how well it goes, I might go as Sailor Neptune, but I hope to introduce a new cosplay.  (It'll mainly depend on how quickly I get my tax return).  I'm thinking about either Lina Inverse, Lt. Commander Data, or Washu Hakubi.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »
I'm trying rrreeallllyyyyy hard to get to Sakuracon 2012. I definitely can if I have a job, otherwise it comes down to sakuracon vs. Kumoricon 2012. I would just save money ans re-cosplay my Rei Hino which I'll be bringing out for the first time this Kumoricon. I already got 2 roomies lined up for Sakuracon too!!! =D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 07:41:11 pm »
I really want to attend, but since I'm a minor. There's that policy (which is one of the reasons I adore Kcon) that I can only be at the con if my adult is also there. So yeah... But I'll still try to attend.

Offline Disco Pete

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »
I really want to attend, but since I'm a minor. There's that policy (which is one of the reasons I adore Kcon) that I can only be at the con if my adult is also there. So yeah... But I'll still try to attend.
That's too bad.  I didn't get into anime til I was 24 (am in my 30s now), so sometimes I forget how it can be difficult for someone who's still underage.

I wish you good luck!
~Disco Pete~

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:15 pm »
That's too bad.  I didn't get into anime til I was 24 (am in my 30s now), so sometimes I forget how it can be difficult for someone who's still underage.

I wish you good luck!
thanks :) I'll go I know I will. Just might not get to do as much as I want.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 11:29:54 pm »
Currently thinking about going because, depending on what the future holds for me, I might not make it to next year's KCon.  (Seriously, it all depends on what happens either next Feb. or early summer).

Also thinking of maybe trying another cosplay.  Something a little more up to date.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 12:27:26 am »
Your parents or guardians can appoint a guardian to be with you at the convention.  When I first went in 2008 I was a minor and my sister (who was 18) attended with me and my mom just signed off on a form stating that my sister was to act as my attending guardian.  Policy might have changed in 4 years but you should be able to attend still.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 12:39:57 am »
When i first went to sakuracon in like 05 or 06, i went with my friend and her mom just signed a paper saying that she was our gaurdian but wasnt attending. We still got in, and then her mom just left us there.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 07:12:06 am »
Sakuracon was my first con & I haven't missed one yet...but as of right now, that may change. My G/F & I have a couple trips planned for the beginning of the year already & may have to skip on it if we can't work it in financially. Newport Seafood & Wine Festival & Vegas may chew up too much money to leave us enough to enjoy Seattle. Since this is all happening within the first few monthes of the year, it only makes it worse. We skipped out on Kumo this year as it was to save money...so sadly, Repoman may not be making a 2012 appearance at Sakuracon.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 02:13:36 am »
It depends on what age you're at I think... I've been the acting guardian for a friend of mine for two years in a row as both times her acting guardian was busy when she got up to the front of the line for pre-reg and they needed a guardian right there with them to get the badge number and all. Also to be present for the peacebonding.

Speaking of, if your acting guardian is only there for two days and leaves early, or you change acting guardians for whatever reason, I believe you're required to head over to the Issues Line and get the badge numbers and names straightened out. It's very much for policy and safety for the minor, as well as a legal issue.
Kumori'15

Offline Best_Name_Ever

• Cabbit
    • Facebook Account 8D
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »
I'm defiantly going to Sakura Con!=D I'm excited because last year I wasn't able to go OTL

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 01:27:42 pm »
Anyone know what the best hotel to stay at is? My parents and I had issues with the Sheraton last year. (along with a lot of people on Sakura-Con's forums)

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 03:14:15 pm »
I'm definitely going. I'll be wearing Bianca Solderini from the Vampire Chronicles, Black Canary from the DC Comics, Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Ash Landers from the Kuroshitsuji anime.

I'm planning on signing up for cosplay chess there as well, which I've never done before so I'm pretty excited. Might try being Daniel in that.
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 03:21:51 pm »
I've already been offered a palce as a co-panelist at Sakuracon.  I'm planning on accepting it, provided that I go (which it still looks like it will happen).

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 03:35:55 pm »
I'm definitely going. I'll be wearing Bianca Solderini from the Vampire Chronicles, Black Canary from the DC Comics, Daniel from Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and Ash Landers from the Kuroshitsuji anime.

I'm planning on signing up for cosplay chess there as well, which I've never done before so I'm pretty excited. Might try being Daniel in that.
I love Amnesia, but I couldn't finish it because it scared the crap out of me. :P  I'm thinking of cosplaying Alexander

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 03:39:53 pm »
It's hard to finish. Scared me too.

Oooh please be Alexander! That would be so awesome!
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:51 pm »
It's hard to finish. Scared me too.

Oooh please be Alexander! That would be so awesome!
We should start an Amnesia Cosplay thread on the Sakura Con forums if there isn't already one.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »
The only problem is that there aren't a lot of people you could do. Just Daniel, Alexander, and Agrippa really. Unless you go with the sequel in which you can squeeze in Justine. Maybe the suitors too. Unless people want to try to be the Grunt or Brute but that seems like it would be a beast to pull off.
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »
The only problem is that there aren't a lot of people you could do. Just Daniel, Alexander, and Agrippa really. Unless you go with the sequel in which you can squeeze in Justine. Maybe the suitors too. Unless people want to try to be the Grunt or Brute but that seems like it would be a beast to pull off.
yeah I guess, doesn't have to be a photo shoot thread. Just for people to post if they're cosplay anyone from Amnesia.

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 03:49:37 pm »
True. We'd probably end up with a lot of Daniels and Alexanders. haha
Kumoricon 2013:

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 03:51:03 pm »
True. We'd probably end up with a lot of Daniels and Alexanders. haha
It would be an awesome party! :)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 10:53:27 am »
o.o Hm I'm not sure what hotel to recommend... I stay with a family friend every year. I guess maybe the Hilton? I suppose it depends on what all you need and when your check-in and out times are.
Kumori'15

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 03:44:29 pm »
This is, not surprisingly, my home con, so yes, I will be there! This will be 6 years and counting for me. :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39:27 pm »
I will be there.  Haven't been to one since 2005 or 2006 (can't remember), so looking forward to it.  Staying at the Grand Hyatt.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 08:15:14 pm »
@emanio i went back then too! Who did you go as? Or were you dressed normal?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 11:12:38 pm »
last year was my first and i gotta say is my favorite NW con <3

i'll be going as the following for sure

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »
I dunno if I'll be able to, but I really want to go again this year. So hopefully!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2011, 04:22:45 am »
last year was my first and i gotta say is my favorite NW con <3

i'll be going as the following for sure

I'm gonna be looking for your Shion cosplay!  I loved that series so much! :D

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2011, 05:00:43 am »
aww yay :D i'm making a photoshoot just for Higurashi i believe i already posted it in the sakuracon's photoshoot list :3

~photoshoot schedule~

Also I'm trying to host a photoshoot on day 0 for ALL cosplays :) all cosplayers, noncosplayers, and photographers are welcomed! it's just a regular photoshoot/hangout, nothing special! Just for everyone to have fun and chat before the actual con! :)

here is the link for you guys: ~day 0 photoshoot~

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:50 am »
You're talking about at Sakuracon, right?

Offline JimiJay27

• Cabbit
    • Tumblrrrrrrr
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2011, 07:33:02 am »
Sakuracon is the weekend after Emerald City Comic Con.....must start saving up my money >.>
"....Davy Jones! Giant squid!"

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 04:50:04 pm »
and yes i'm talking about Sakuracon :P why would i talk about anything else in this thread XD

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 10:18:15 pm »
That's what I thought.  In that case, I'll pass this off to my anime club.  I know I'd like to be in on this, and I'm sure that many of them will be, too.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2011, 12:31:39 am »
sweet! ^_^ let them know that i hope they can come :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2011, 10:24:07 pm »
Will do!  It probably won't be for a few weeks, though.  I think it'd be more effective to say it all at once during one of our meetings, which will probably be starting up in (at least) two weeks.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2011, 02:12:21 am »
good luck! ^_^

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2011, 07:41:57 am »
Thanks!

Relating to this subject, our club has solidified who our advisor will be for the school year, and he told us officers that he will most definitely be able to go to Sakuracon with us! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now all that remains (for now) is to have our charter application approved, which I doubt there'd be any reason for a denial...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2011, 07:56:37 am »
I'm trying to be able to go. Getting Keira done for this.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »
@washougal: sweetcheeks! yes! that is good news! >w< and yeah i agree, there shouldn't be any reason for a denial ^^

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2011, 04:33:14 pm »
@washougal: sweetcheeks! yes! that is good news! >w< and yeah i agree, there shouldn't be any reason for a denial ^^

Over the past few years, the only "issues" have been that the Japanese Language Club hadn't liked that we study Japanese culture.  The way I see it, they should be thanking us for allowing them to exist or do anything culture-related, since our club founded them and gave them the "opportunity" to add culture into their mission statement.  But whatever; we became close last year, and have already been talking about ideas for this upcoming year, so I doubt that we'll be in any danger.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2011, 04:37:40 pm »
oh well that sucks :/ and that doesn't really make sense cuz "culture" can me anything in that country/race >3> current and past

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »
Yeah, that's part of the original issue.  The original agreement was that they would focus on older cultural aspects, while we focused on modern times.  However, since anime can cover many subjects of Japan's past, and more events focus on what's going on, we last agreed that we would cover anything anime, manga, video game, and convention related, while they did anything else.  We also take turns doing holidays & festivals, and some times help each other out.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2011, 11:11:48 pm »
hm sounds reasonable. but anime, video games, and conventions are more of modern times rather than the past (but i know the first anime was a nazi propaganda). But I guess it's okay to take turns for festivals cuz that is the past and ongoing.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 01:14:02 am »
Well, many anime and such have story lines that revolve around the past, such as Samurai Champloo, and make many references to Shinto beliefs.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:40 am »
yeah true. but it's still an animated show that was drawn today :/ so i donno. i guess it's kinda of how the past affected today's animations. i mean they kind of depend on each other.

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2011, 08:21:30 am »

I REALLY want to see your Keira! It shall complete my life :DDDD

I'll be there. I already registered, cause the price is so ridiculous, and will only go up :O

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2011, 11:55:51 pm »

I REALLY want to see your Keira! It shall complete my life :DDDD

I'll be there. I already registered, cause the price is so ridiculous, and will only go up :O

thank you ^^ It makes me sad that so few people cosplay her, she's so fun! And I love that game (though I cant get past the darn hell catz in the 2nd game X_X)

Offline Okitaru

• Oni
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2011, 12:15:22 am »
I'm thinking I can manage to go this next year.
It'll be my first one besides Kumoricon, so I'm fairly hyped for the chance to go.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2011, 07:02:16 am »
Update: We've been chartered!  YAY!  Now we need to get some meeting times in and plan out who's going to the con!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 01:04:12 pm »
I've got my room and all I have to do now is set up Otaku 25 and older - The Return. And Washougal-Otaku if you're still up to it I'd like you to be a part of Otaku 25 and older. This legally blind, autistic quack could use all the help he can get to make things more interesting this year.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:16:41 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, 01:31:59 pm »
As far as I know, I'll be there and can be apart of this panel.
Oh, BTW, the Burgerville in downtown is now completely demolished.  All that is there is the foundation. :'(

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2011, 04:08:39 pm »
I'm going for sure >:3

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2011, 08:33:07 pm »
Awesome as we get closer to the con I'll be making out a schedule of topics I want to discuss and if you can send me your E-maila ddress so i can send a copy of the rough draft to you. I'd liek all the people eho are taking part in this to have theieir say on what works and what doesn't. Alas poor Burgerville we knew thee well. So many a tasty Burger that came from thy establishment. You will forever be missed. :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 08:34:01 pm by Animeman73 »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2011, 03:22:19 am »
ahh yes i will pm you with my email :3

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2011, 08:55:38 pm »
Fuuuu at this point I have a lot to do and I feel it's going to be like this until the actual con.

And I still need to register. I need to get on that soon. ;_;
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2011, 01:41:16 pm »
Captain James P. Hook will be in attendance.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2011, 12:56:00 pm »
DancingTofu if you're going to be James Hook at Sakuracon then sometime on maybe Day 0 or 1 whenever you can spare the time....MUST....GET....PICTURE OF YOU FOR MY BLOG!!!!!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2011, 09:56:52 pm »
And um, Jacob_Blackfeather actually I was talking to Washougal_Otaku.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2011, 09:09:39 am »
I was wondering that, myself...

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:43 am »
I am becoming very excited for Sakura Con. I registered the day it was available which was months ago, and I made my hotel reservations as soon as they were available to! Haha!

As for my cosplays, Schneider is nearing completion! I have a lot of work to do on the mask, but all
The armor is almost completed! As for my fursuit, it soon shall be a fullsuit =] (she was a partial last year)
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »
ah yes sorry *bows*

Offline CosplayGeek4

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 10:16:09 am »
So going as Grell Sutcliff,Izaya, and Revolutionary War!England~
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:06:56 am by CosplayGeek4 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:32 pm »
ah yes sorry *bows*

That's okay.  You're still loved!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2011, 11:12:35 am »
Sorry it took me so long to respond Jacob. Anyway it's cool you're still good in my book.  8)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:24:49 pm by Animeman73 »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2011, 03:36:26 pm »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2011, 08:04:20 pm »
Most excellent! I'm starting get things together for the panel i intend to put in for at Sakuracon. All i can do now is wait. I know there's [plenty of time to get things done in but still no better time then the present. Oh by the way everyone I just found out that Sakuracon is now taking applications for panels.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2011, 12:33:42 am »
I just sent in my two applications for my panels.

I hope you guys are interested!

"KH 411" we will update you on the games, play the games, and I may or may not have a "fun" time added to it.

"Otaku PJ Panel" 18+ fun with cosplays and pjs, adult improv games, "Name that Meme" game for prizes!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2011, 07:55:44 pm »
To go to Sakuracon I'd have to first confirm that I have enough to afford pre-registration, hotel room and transportation by train or ride.

Hoping I'll have all the basics cleared up for me to go, I'd eagerly await the release of the programming schedule so I can go to all that I'd enjoy without knowing I missed something or overflooding my day.

Cosplays are going to be either new ones that I've never done before, providing money and time allow, and/or old favorites that survived Kcon 2011.

Also Saki, my brief advice for new sakuracon-ers, take a buddy or two with you and keep your map even closer. It's a HUGE con at a HUGE site.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2011, 09:34:31 pm »
chibitalia and an OC

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2011, 11:41:04 pm »
Mine's in my signature, but...I'll be going as Rose Lalonde, Princess Bubblegum and the Dolorosa. I'm doing the last two as part of a group, so I'll have a Marceline and an LSP with me for PB and a Mindfang and a Redglare for Dolorosa.

I haven't registered at all, but provided I keep my grades up I am pretty much 100% going.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2011, 03:15:06 am »
I've mostly decided what I'm wearing.

Beatrice (Umineko), Shoma (Penguindrum), DWC Miku, The Gold Robot (LMFAO), and possibly Kiki, although I don't know if I want to transport that broom again.

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2011, 05:06:51 am »
Haley, I am going to cry when you wear Shoma and awkwardly dance around you as the robot. You are too awesome for doing the robot, seriously!
And as for cosplays, I think my list is pretty solid, so here you go!
Masako from Penduindrum, Jade from Homestuck, Doom's Bride from Catherine, and a secret cosplay. (:
And maybe another cosplay if my group of friends decides to do another group one!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:15 am »
OMG! I'll have a Penance (X-men) wig finally! That just may be in the cards for Sakuracon! (But more likely Kumoricon :D)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2011, 10:52:50 pm »
Haley, I am going to cry when you wear Shoma and awkwardly dance around you as the robot. You are too awesome for doing the robot, seriously!
And as for cosplays, I think my list is pretty solid, so here you go!
Masako from Penduindrum, Jade from Homestuck, Doom's Bride from Catherine, and a secret cosplay. (:
And maybe another cosplay if my group of friends decides to do another group one!
This con is going to be great! yesss awkward dancing~ And no one is too good for the robot xD

Offline The_Emo_Schemer

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2011, 01:30:55 pm »
I plan on doing female version of Hawke's mage outfit from Dragon Age 2, Sanada Yukimura from Sengoku Basara, Levy McGarden fom Fairy Tail, and something else I can't remember at the moment. I also want to try and get this years Sakura con mascot done. It's too cute not to do~ x3
2012 Kumoricon Cosplay
Fire Nation Disguise Suki -A:TLAB
Lenalee Lee - D.Gray-man
Sasuke - Brave 10
Yuffie Kisaragi
Sailor Moon

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2011, 01:58:17 am »
I'm going to be bringing Aram. Slowly getting to work on him. I have the patterns cut! Yay!
Kumori'15

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »
OMG! I'll have a Penance (X-men) wig finally! That just may be in the cards for Sakuracon! (But more likely Kumoricon :D)

Asdghjjhskjl. I have. No words.

So I'm pretty much guaranteed to be going, plus LSP/Mindfang found out she's got money for the train and my Adventure Time group may possibly have a Finn and a BMO. I'm getting really excited, considering how long it still is until the con.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2011, 12:51:21 pm »
I'm starting to worry about whether or not I'll be able to go or not.  My financial aid is being suspended because I got an Incomplete, which is being sorted out.  I just hope that the damned Fin. Aid dept. realizes this and corrects things, so that I can still be a student, and therefore, be able to go.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2011, 02:44:48 pm »
I'm starting to worry about whether or not I'll be able to go or not.  My financial aid is being suspended because I got an Incomplete, which is being sorted out.  I just hope that the damned Fin. Aid dept. realizes this and corrects things, so that I can still be a student, and therefore, be able to go.

Oh so that's what's going on with you, okay. I sent you a couple E-mails asking for your Skype address but didn't get a reply. Okay, do you want me to go on without you and get things set up for the panel or hold back untill things are settled financially with you?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2011, 03:13:56 pm »
You did?  I didn't see anything...

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2011, 05:26:00 pm »
Say what? Hmmm, I still have your E-mail adress. Let me try again.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:44 pm »
Okay, there it is.  Response sent!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2011, 09:51:10 am »
Ahhh, MOST EXCELLENT!!!! Thank you Washougal_Otaku.

And now the panel application form has been sent in. All that remains to do is wait for Sakuracon to decide what they will do.  So I'm all set for Sakuracon and I'm a happy camper again.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 05:47:40 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2011, 11:04:16 am »
Well, in terms of whether or not I'll be able to go, my application for financial aid repeal was submitted, and it should be looked at today; hopefully, it'll be reversed, and I'll get to attend school, and therefore go to Sakuracon.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2011, 12:28:11 pm »
Good luck!
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2011, 01:26:43 pm »
Thanks!  Assuming that it's being looked at, I should see whether or not I'm approved by the end of the day tomorrow.  It might even be possible that it'll be ruled for or against me before it even gets to the committee.  If that's the case, then (if I recall correctly) I should see the results come at the same time.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2011, 03:11:43 am »
Fin Aid repeals are a pain x.x It's good they're there, but sometimes I feel like the credit earned % rule is a little BS stupid  >:(
Kumori'15

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2011, 05:49:13 pm »
Hey Washougal_Otaku I hope the whole financial aid thing has woorked out. Dear me, sorry for the delay. That was rather rude on my part. Forgive my momentary lapse in manners.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2011, 09:30:22 pm »
That's okay.  I haven't heard back from them, yet...  (I'm kind of worried, now...)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41:47 pm »
-Pats you oon the back.- When in doubt I remember something my wonderfully obnoxious stepfather always taught me. Worry about what you CAN do something about. Don't worry about what you CAN'T do anything about. If it's out of your hands now then well there's not much left you can do.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:41:11 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2012, 07:48:08 pm »
Which is a problem, for many reasons.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2012, 03:23:31 pm »
Well, if I do go, I just submitted a panel form for myself and my friend Cassie.  We're wanting to do a comedy stand-up panel, like we've been doing at Kumoricon.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:42 pm »
UPDATE: So, tomorrow, Chan will be getting paid.  I'll be taking at least one credit this quarter.  I'm still fighting to get my fin. aid, but taking 1 credit is good enough for going.  So, I'm in!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »
You're in for Sakura-con? WONDERFUL!!!! If and when I hear the okay from the Sakuracon prograaming people I'll talk to you and our fellow co-host and we'll arrange a time on SKype when we can get together and talk. But I'm really glad you're going to Sakuracon Washougal. I could use all the help I can get.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:57:56 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2012, 11:12:12 pm »
Awesome!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2012, 12:46:56 pm »
WOO HOO!!!  We have our list of attendees, and will being the paperwork for going to Sakuracon soon!  I still have yet to hear back regarding the panel I submitted, too, but they told me about the middle of the month, so it could be another day or two, or maybe three, before I hear back from them.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »
We figured out what train we're taking and the hotel we're staying in today! And I'm about 2/3 done with my cosplay!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2012, 02:02:02 pm »
Which one?  Maybe we could take the same one!  (We're looking to head up there on Thursday).

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »
We're going up Thursday too! The plan is to take the 14 Coast Starlight at 4:20, since it has to be after school.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:56 pm »
...oh, yeah; that makes sense.  We were looking to be there by then...  I'm thinking we're going to be taking the 506 Amtrak Cascades, which leaves Vancouver at 12:30.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2012, 07:17:50 pm »
Okay, then I'll see you guys at the con.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2012, 07:24:35 pm »
Okay.  See ya there!

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »
So, I'm kinda excited, Luvan1me offered me a ticket and room *w* So I will be going!!!

Not totally sure who I'll be cosplaying yet...Probably Riku, Gaara and one or two others......
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2012, 08:03:33 pm »
^ Sweet deal, neko!  A free pass and room!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2012, 11:24:02 pm »
yup yup all thanks to her awesome friend dome *point to self* XDDD

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:48 pm »
I'm happy, and I think I've figured out who I'm being: Riku (KH2 default and Orgy), Gaara (Naruto: Ship), Death the Kid (Soul Eater), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (OC) and probably something more comfy for the evenings, maybe I'll get a kigurumi of some kind.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:34 pm »
oooh yay! :DDD

sounds spectacular >W<

also! i have another secret cosplay XDD

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2012, 11:57:20 pm »
Also, if Amanda and Aaron go as my Doormouse and March Hare, I may bring my Hatter cosplay as well.
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2012, 10:21:17 am »
^ Sweet!

For my cosplay options, I'll probably just do my Sailor Neptune again, but only if I'm able to get a new pair of gloves, first.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »
I've started seriously working on Dolorosa, and Princess Bubblegum just needs knee socks and some red ribbon for laces. Now I'm just pestering everyone I know to see if they need a room, we're still looking for a fourth to cut down on cost.

Offline Spontaneous

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2012, 04:14:11 pm »
Soooo my two other friends and I are planning on going to Sakuracon for our first time this year; does anyone have any helpful input in regards to the hotels around there? Or if you've stayed at a hotel there could you tell me what you liked or disliked about it?
Day 1: Natalia Lanvaldear
Day 2: Mikasa Ackerman
Day 3: Maya Fey

tumblr
deviantart

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2012, 09:06:15 pm »
If you use the hotels listed on the Sakuracon website, Crowne Plaza is one of their cheaper options, and it's only 3 blocks away.  That's the one I'm going to recommend to my club, since their rates are all $143 per room of any size 1-4.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »
Wondering...is anybody driving there and back that I could carpool with? That's the only thing I need, is the ride......
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline snafu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2012, 09:24:02 am »
I'll be attending for what might be my last SakuraCon (depending on career options post-graduation), and so I'm going to be a bit crazy and do three crossplays.  Currently I've got Erica Fontaine (Sakura Taisen 3 AKA Sakura Wars 3) finished, Athena Asamiya (King of Fighters XII/XIII) 90% finished and Saeko Busujima (Highschool of the Dead) about 10% ready.  Depending on if I'm in a skit or not, I may also do either a China (Hetalia) or bring my North Korea (Hetalia) out of retirement as well.  That said I've got skirts for all three days...

And I'd offer a ride up to Seattle from the Portland area, but I'm taking Greyhound most likely to save money on gas.

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #143 on: January 19, 2012, 04:26:48 pm »
And I'd offer a ride up to Seattle from the Portland area, but I'm taking Greyhound most likely to save money on gas.

Hope I'm not jumping in on a pre-existing convo but: Unless you absolutely have to, DON'T TAKE THE GREYHOUND TO SEATTLE. My boyfriend and I took it there and back for last year's Sakuracon, and it was AWFUL. The trip up there was fine, don't get me wrong, but oh my GOD, the Seattle Greyhound station was an absolute nightmare. I can get into details if people want, but suffice to say they were incompetent, rude, and downright sketchy. We've both ridden Greyhound a ton, but last year's experience was so incredibly terrible we'll probably never do it again.

/rant
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #144 on: January 19, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »
>-> kristi... do you want me to buy you your ticket for the train? :P you can pay half of it if you have enough? just $50 since i'm taking first class. up to you!

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2012, 12:24:16 am »
Considering I'll be saving money to move into an apartment in April, it's still up in the air if I'll able to go. But, if I can! My sister and I are dressing as Thor and Loki and plan to try and set up a little Scandinavian dancing tutorial in the plaza sometime on the first day. We don't know how we'd bring any music, but we know a lot of dances and steps and things. Plus, people would get to dance with Thor and Loki, haha~ (And, if anybody comes dressed as Sif, I will legit buy you like, a coffee or a treat or something because I want a Sif SO BAD)

I'm also hoping to join the cosplay contest for the first time! ;;v;; But I'll have to see~
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2012, 09:38:45 am »
I'm hopefulling going this year. (=
I'll be bringing Pinkie Pie, Rose, Mion, and either Stocking or Zelda. (=
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »
I got a fourth roommate! And it's looking like Ancestors will be postponed until Kumoricon because we need the money that was going towards them to pay for hotel rooms. Our Adventure Time group is still on, though.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2012, 12:31:10 am »

Hope I'm not jumping in on a pre-existing convo but: Unless you absolutely have to, DON'T TAKE THE GREYHOUND TO SEATTLE. My boyfriend and I took it there and back for last year's Sakuracon, and it was AWFUL. The trip up there was fine, don't get me wrong, but oh my GOD, the Seattle Greyhound station was an absolute nightmare. I can get into details if people want, but suffice to say they were incompetent, rude, and downright sketchy. We've both ridden Greyhound a ton, but last year's experience was so incredibly terrible we'll probably never do it again.

/rant

Actually, I have had a similar experience with their poor customer service "skills" from the last time I went to Sakura-con. I'm still doing it, though, because I'm going with my club.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:21 am »
I'm actually considering not cosplaying this year. Or just wearing my old Aqua... Or Roxas in the schoolgirl outfit... *snickers and dies of stupidity*
Mostly cause all my pals who'd attend with me are broke/busy or saving for other things- like a trip to Ireland and San Diego Comic Con. My roommate's going though, so I might have someone to bug a few times during the con.

I'll be stuck people watching and stuff, so I'm not sure what I'll do or who I'll cosplay. I have cosplays lined up to wear if I change my mind. Right now I'm looking at being extremely wallflower-shy mode. *hangs head* It's amazing how shy an introvert becomes when NONE of her friends are coming! All the extrovert goes FWIP! Flying right out the window.
Kumori'15

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2012, 11:28:25 am »
I'm actually considering not cosplaying this year. Or just wearing my old Aqua... Or Roxas in the schoolgirl outfit... *snickers and dies of stupidity*
Mostly cause all my pals who'd attend with me are broke/busy or saving for other things- like a trip to Ireland and San Diego Comic Con. My roommate's going though, so I might have someone to bug a few times during the con.

I'll be stuck people watching and stuff, so I'm not sure what I'll do or who I'll cosplay. I have cosplays lined up to wear if I change my mind. Right now I'm looking at being extremely wallflower-shy mode. *hangs head* It's amazing how shy an introvert becomes when NONE of her friends are coming! All the extrovert goes FWIP! Flying right out the window.

veraca I have Asberger's syndrome so I'm extremely introverted. Everyday is a fight just get myself to get out into the world. Just take things one step at a time. Take a camera along and take some pictures. Go see some panels, and definitely check out some AMVS and some show premieres. There's plenty to do at Sakuracon. Just take it at a nice easy pace and you can't go wrong.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2012, 08:03:51 am »
I applaud you :)

I know there are things to do. I just feel really shy when I'm in a new setting. Something about I don't like change and social gatherings, and yet I force myself to go to con cause I enjoy them when I go.
It's more of I know there's the reward of the con hanging right there, but at this moment, I'm more concerned with I won't be as extrovert because I don't have my normal friends. I'm glad I have some friends I can chat with here and there that will be at the convention, but at the same time, I don't want to be that person that suddenly attaches themselves to your group and won't leave you alone.
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:54 am »
So, does anybody understand the deal with registration for Sakura-con?  Maybe I'm missing something, but the way that the form is now structured sucks; for some reason, they're not giving prices.  How much is pre-reg right now, and when will it change?

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2012, 05:38:32 am »
$55 until the end of February; after that it's $60 at the door.

(https://secure.sakuracon.org/registration/index.php)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:25 am »
^ Okay, that may have been part of the problem... I just went straight to the registration form  Plus, Bressler called me to answer the questions that my club had.

Thanks, random.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:06:45 am by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2012, 01:16:24 am »
It looks like the paperwork has been approved and processed. I'm going to Sakura-con for the first time in 4 years!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:10 am »
Glad to hear uit dude. By the way does anyone here know when Sakuracon starts sending out information on whether a person's panel has been approved? I'm just curious.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2012, 07:00:49 am »
I've been waiting for a confirmation, too.  They told me that I should know by the 4th, at the latest.  I'll probably shoot them an e-mail later today, when I'm not babysitting.  (Yay for nephews!)

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2012, 07:51:57 pm »
I registered and booked a hotel room and train tickets today. Getting excited!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2012, 04:40:12 pm »
I just recived word. Otaku 25 and Older - The Return is a go.

Here's some info on it for anyone interested.

Otaku 25 and older - The Return

Room: Panels & Workshops - 604
Start Time: 10:30PM - Saturday 07 April 2012

In hope any of you Kumoricon goers 25 and older can make it. And Washougal_Otaku if you can't make it that night because it conflicts with something else...I'll understand. I've already come up with a Plan B for if my co-panelists don't show up. But if you can please e-mail me quick as you can I need to chat with you about an idea I came up with. Or better still contact me on Skype.

Am I nervous, am i scared? YES I'm very scared. But I'm hoping to provide a reasonable amount of entertainment. Hope to see you there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:18:49 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:27 pm »
...I should probably check the time for my panel, too.  This way, I can see if there's a schedule conflict or not...

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2012, 07:02:11 am »
I don't know if this would be the right place to ask, but is anyone coming from the Tigard area or passing through the Tigard area on their way to the con that still has some room in their car? I'm in need of a ride.

Second thing I wanted to ask: is there anyone taking the train from PDX to the con that I could see about meeting up with while on the train? It'd be a little lonely traveling alone, and it would help to have someone around to show me where to go (since I've never been to Sakuracon before).

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2012, 12:04:40 pm »
I think everyone should've gotten their panel information and confirmations by now... I got mine around the 21st, too. So, I think Megan's sent everybody's out by now. Mine ended up in my junk box so I almost missed it x.x
Kumori'15

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2012, 10:50:18 am »
^^ My club is taking AmTrak to the con, but it'll be during Friday afternoon.

Good news, Animeman73!  My other panel is Friday night 9:15-11:15!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2012, 11:34:54 am »
YAAAAY, I'll be happy to have you on board Washougal_Otaku you're a real trooper for doing this.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #165 on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:41 am »

Offline ToriKat

• Cabbit
    • ToriKat's deviantART
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2012, 04:29:05 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Pardon the blatent panel promotion but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:26:21 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline LadyFiede

• Sailor Scout
    • FB
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2012, 03:50:14 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Pardon the blantent panel promotiobn but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.

I've seen that panel but never really know what it's about.  Maybe this year I'll actually check it out, I'm just past the 25 limit at 26 years old.  :P

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2012, 11:44:59 pm »
Second thing I wanted to ask: is there anyone taking the train from PDX to the con that I could see about meeting up with while on the train? It'd be a little lonely traveling alone, and it would help to have someone around to show me where to go (since I've never been to Sakuracon before).

Oh hey! My sister and I are going to be taking the train the day before when we travel there, and the day after to come home. It'll be just her and I, and if you wanted to join up, I could give you the times we're headed both ways!
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2012, 02:54:37 pm »
me and my bestie will be driving up on the 5th ~ I can't wait till the con !
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline ToriKat

• Cabbit
    • ToriKat's deviantART
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:46 pm »
I'm going!  It's going to be my first Sakura-Con.  I managed to get an Artist Alley table, so I'll likely be there the majority of the time.  I'm so nervous and excited.  I've never been to a con that had more than several hundred attendees.  My friends and I are very interested in attending panels for older fans.  *will keep notes on where and when to be there!*

I cosplayed at two cons - Aki Con and Ushicon - but wow, I was very shy.  Had fun though!  xD  I don't think I'll be able to afford or make a new outfit in time for Sakura Con.  Far too much art to create.  D:

Pardon the blantent panel promotion but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.
When will the panel be?  I hope it's after the alley closes.  ^^

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2012, 01:10:51 am »

Pardon the blantent panel promotion but, come to Otaku 25 and older. I'd love to see you there.
When will the panel be?  I hope it's after the alley closes.  ^^

It'll be on Saturday, starting at 10:30 p.m., so you should be fine.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »
I just got an e-maiil from Sakuracon. the Schedule is all printed up.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2012, 01:40:34 pm »
Awesome!  I'll have to take a look here and print it off later!  (In the meantime, I have something at Clark to take care of, first).

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »
Is KC gonna have a booth @ SC? Just outta curiosity.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »
I REALLY DON'T SEE ANYTHING on the schedule. I can only get up to one page of it before it completely stops! Is there something wrong with the pdf program or do I have to wait a few more days before the con to print out every one of the pages?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2012, 07:39:51 pm »
Is KC gonna have a booth @ SC? Just outta curiosity.

Yes.

I REALLY DON'T SEE ANYTHING on the schedule. I can only get up to one page of it before it completely stops! Is there something wrong with the pdf program or do I have to wait a few more days before the con to print out every one of the pages?

It's all there (12 pages), at least as of right now when I checked.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2012, 06:57:26 pm »
Well folks I thought now's as good a time as any to get things started. The final countrdown tio Sakuracon I hereby declare begins today.

13 days untill Sakuracon.

That's right folks 13 days left untill the big show starts. Once again yours truly will be there looking for great Anime and non-anime character cosplays to shoot (WITH MY CAMERA NOT A GUN!!!) as wll as see abiout some photos of the great anime voice actors. I'm making it a top priority to  see about getting a photo of Mr. Epic anime voice actor himself Steve Blum. Washougal_Otaku and myself will be doing panels. And again I'd like to thank Washougal_Otaku for volunteering to be part of Otaku 25 and older. At my panel I'll also be joined by Dr. Dave so we'll have a nice mixture. In Washougal_Otaku we have a younger anime fan. In me we have someone in the middle and in Dr. Dave we have an older anime fan. So its a nice balanced mix. Don't forget to support ashougal_Otaku and his panel as well. Also if you can check out PaladinCecil and his panels including his new fanfic/fanart panel.  Meanwhile start puting the fiinal touches on your cosplays, and if you're entering any of the Sakuracon contests get your stuff ready to go.  I hope for you cosplayers that I run into some of your there. I'd love to put you in my blog.  13 days left folks it may not seem, like much now but trsut me when you get to be my age time starts to fly. So get the lead out people and get eady for Sakuracon in 13 days.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:56:44 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2012, 07:27:53 am »
12 days untill Sakuracon.

that's right everyone 12 days that's just under two weeks, time to really get going and finish up those cosplaysyou've been planning if you're going to be heading to Seattle and Sakuracon this year. And if you're in need of a quick snack you can always stop off at one of the vendors in the Seattle Convention center or if you want to sate your sweet tooth or get something for those sniffles you can always hop over to Bartell's for something. Don't forget to come support your fellow Kumoricon members in ourshinnanigans at Sakuracon this year. It's going to be a great event this year with lots of fun people, lots of laughs, and definitely lots to do.

12 days left folks time to start hurrying up those projects because under 2 weeks can go by real fast. This is Animeman73, and the countdown to Sakuracon 2012 continues.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:55:42 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2012, 09:07:10 am »
11 days untill Sakuracon!

Tick, tock, tick tock, tick tock! Time is slipping away folks. In eleven days the Emerald city becaomes the center of the Anime Universe. Can't you feel the excitment building up folks. Anime charcters, non-anime charcters, familes and friends all coming togetherat the Gigantic Great Western Trade and convention center in downtown Seattle for loads and loads of anime goodness. Just some words of advice from this humble blogger, just amke sureyou stay with friends an/or family when you go anywhere at night so that your experience will stay safe and happy. And motre importantly don't forget to eat. There are some great venues around the convention center and even a nifty place near the main events center where you can buy stuff such as pizza and other goodies. Also remember to pace yourself sot hat you don't get overwhelmed by everything, and make sure to make a plan for what you want to go see. And also for those of us who are doing panels make sure you show up for your panels at least 30 minutes before it's time. The Sakuracon staff will appreciate you doing things by the book. Other than that have a good time and who knows you might meet some new frinds along the way, or at least see some great cosplays.  11 days to go untill Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, and the countdown to Sakuracon continues!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:58:00 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2012, 04:26:32 am »
It's going to be nearing freak-out mode for some people. I'm waiting on literally nothing this year, which is a nice change of pace. I am waiting for some pants to get in from a friend, but I have back-up plans like always that I might wear instead. Never know how these things go.

Time to get the cosplays out and the ironing board! <3
Kumori'15

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2012, 08:33:51 am »
10 days to Sakuracon.

That's right all you guys and gals out thee 10 days untill the fireworks start! Getting down to near the singles digits, I hope you're making progress iin getting your cosplays ready. And while you're at it here's a piece of advice for all of you going to Sakuracon. Make a list of everything you want tio take to the convention with you, then print it up an put it somewhere where you can see it. When you have a list of everything you want to take along you're less likely to forget anything. I know this because I made a list myself last year fior the cons I was going to and I found that it worked wonders. Oh and if you're planning on taking a digital camera with you make sure to take along a memory card or two with lots of Gigs of memory. Also remember to take extra batteries for your camera. Or if you happen to forget batteries you can always stop by Bartell's near the convention Center and pick some up there. I recall last year Bartell's saved me from a weekend of embarassment and frustration when a nice employee there showed me their battery center. And as always make sure to pace yourself and have lots of fun because when it comes to Sakuracon fun is the name of the game. 10 days untill the big weekend folks, 10 days and they can go by real fast. And don't forget if you're 25 or older come and check out Washougal_Otaku, Dr. Dave, and yours truly at Otaku 25 and older.

I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2012, 09:16:55 am »
9 days untill Sakuracon.

That's right folks 9 days we're down to the singles digits if you count Day ) as a day for Sakuracon. I've made my plans for how I'm going to get to Sakuracon and I'm getting very excited for what's in store for everybody. This year's Sakuracon is going to rock so for all of you from kumoricon who are planning on attending, let's head up to Seattle and show the good people of the Emerald city just how polite and classy the people of the Portland/Vancouver area are. Let's show the Sakuracon staff that when we come around nothing but good things come of it. And up ad above all else lets have fun but please don't break any bones when you glomp someone. 9 days untill Sakuracon, I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2012, 11:24:58 am »
There is a current issue with my college's ability to do its job correctly.  Because it took them over a month to issue a check, my club may have issues with registration for the con.  I should be hearing back from the purchasing department either today or tomorrow, assuming that the folks at Sakuracon kept their word about responding in a timely fashion.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »
Oh boy -Sigh- Do what you can Washougal and i hope to hear from you soon. I hope it all works espcially considering Dr. Dave has suggested we have Saturday Skype meet-up.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »
Skype on Saturday?  I could do that, so long as it's morning/early afternoon.  I've already got plans for the late afternoon/evening time.

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2012, 10:02:19 pm »
(heck yeah you've got plans for saturday afternoon. i've been missing the sailor moon group something awful it's been like a month since i've seen you guys.)

i made significant progress today, mostly on the things i'm making for friends. i'm getting so pumped for con, aaaahhhh. less than two weeks!! i'm starting to think about packing too.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:13 am »
That reminds me... I should check up on the progress on my new gloves... and see where my tights and "special articles" went off to.  (Maybe they ran away.  XD)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2012, 08:37:17 am »
I have to leave for work around noon but we could arrange for ameeting in the morning if you're up for it.

8 days untill Sakuracon.

That's right folks now we're really geting into the singles digits of days I've already started packing my things for the upcoming convention and I hope you are too. And if you ever get an attacjk of the munchies while you're there you've got choices in Taco Del mar, SUBWAY and a little pizza place they have there or you can go outside the convention center and get something to eat. So, you've got choices. And once again irecommend making a list of things to take to Sakuracon and then marking them off as you pack them up anjd get ready to go. We're going to have some fun and make some great memories for opurselves up in Seattle, Washington. And if by chance you should happen to come down a nasty little coldwhile at Sakuracon Bartell's sis nearby where you can get some Over the Counter medication. All the same don't forget to wash your hands whenever you can. Cleanliness will help you avoid getting sick. We want to be healthy son we can have loads of fun at Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:53:10 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »
Mornings sound good.

...isn't that Taco Del Mar by the cheesecake place?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:00 pm »
My friend's been hauling serious ___ to get her Navi cosplay finished in time. All that's left right now is the wings. That means I have to fix up my kid!Link asap and get the shield worked on. And read up on Sakuracon's weapon policy and metal swords.... The shield worries me more then the sword for some reason.
Kumori'15

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »
Mornings sound good.

Taco Del Mar is in the convention center.

If you go to 3rd and Pike, 3 blocks over, you have your choice of Qdoba and Chipotle (at opposite corners)--much better places.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2012, 12:36:37 am »
Um, just curious, but does anyone have an idea as to where I can find a decent masquerade mask for the Masquerade Ball? I'm not sure my schedule will allow for the mask-making panel (I'll be working at the Info Booth, see). If possible, I'd like to find one of those doctor masks with the bird beak on the front (since I'll be cosplaying a doctor, after all), but if not, I'll just use a standard mask (nothing too flashy). Anyway, just looking for help, that's all. (Oh, and my available locations are Tigard, Tualatin, and Beaverton)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »
7 days untill Sakuracon.

Ring-a-ding ding folks. 1 week to go untill Sakuracon. Get everything tiogether and start getting tbhat syuitcase packed because a wekk can fly by in the blink of an eye. I hope all of you that have panels at Sakuracon have them go well. Anmd I hope you have loads of fun at Sakuracon. While we may be in the same building think of every year as a new and different adventure. It's lways a good idea to go in only expecting to have fun that kind of attitude will ensure that you do. And again be careful not to break the bones of any voice actors or cosplayers who are playing you're favorite characters as they can be very skittish species. A little humor there folks. But seriously let's have fun loads of laughs and if you want to take lots iof pictures, I certainly know I will. And don't mind the rain in Seattle it is after part of the pacific northwest also. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2012, 08:42:33 pm »
Mornings sound good.

Taco Del Mar is in the convention center.

If you go to 3rd and Pike, 3 blocks over, you have your choice of Qdoba and Chipotle (at opposite corners)--much better places.

I LOVE CHIPOTLE!!!  It's been 4 years since I've been up there, so I don't remember what's there...

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:14 pm »
We usually get Chinese at the Dragon Fish a few blocks away from the con center. :) It's delicious
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:23:42 pm by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2012, 08:27:47 am »
6 days untill Sakuracon.

Well this is it under 1 week, under one teeny weeny week everyone. Now the pressure is on if you haven't gotten your costume ready yet. And i hope you've been packing your things gtetting ready. I myself have just paid $50.00 top go to the big Guest of hionor get together that's happening at the hard Rock which isn't too far from the action of the convention if I'm not mistaken. I actually Google mapped the distance between my hotel and the Hard Rock and it isn't too bad. I'd actually thought that i'd missed it then lo and behold in my e-mail i get an invitation from ANCEA and as the STeve Winwood song goes "When you see a chance take it", So this Sakuracon will most certainly be interesting especially considering all the stuff that's already happening. And i hope your Sakuracon proves to be just as interesting and fun. And on my post tomorrow I'll once again be offering a link to my blog post on how to stay safe at a convention. Pay close attention because there's a lot of good stuff there that'll help keep yopur convention experience safe and happy. 6 days untill Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2012, 09:05:06 pm »
It'll be freak out time for me on Monday.

My Navi finished her costume today, which means I have to work on finishing my Link. Thankfully the big pieces are done, but I need to see if I can repair the tunic and I need a bigger (mouthed) hat. So, I hope I can still find the fabric. I also have to attach more elastic to the boots to make them sit right, and get the shield & sword made. And I'm hoping to get the shoulder belt done and a bomb-bag type pouch done to carry stuff in.
Kumori'15

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2012, 01:10:25 am »
This will be my first ever SakuraCon/trip to Seattle. Here's hoping it's a good one.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2012, 01:30:55 am »
it WILL be awesome! :D if not, STICK WITH ME WOOOOooOOoo! :D <3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2012, 09:17:16 am »
^^ My anime club is bringing a total of 9 people up there, assuming that there isn't a problem.  (I'm still waiting on word from the con and the college...).  Out of us, only 3 have ever been there.  It's gonna be fun!

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2012, 10:24:29 am »
it WILL be awesome! :D if not, STICK WITH ME WOOOOooOOoo! :D <3

She's right, stick with her! She's awesome!! It'll be my first time going too, so here's to having fun!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2012, 10:57:08 am »
So we've finally gotten our confirmation!  There is no doubt, I'm going to Sakuracon!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2012, 11:43:21 am »
I will hunt you down Doe, lol.
I just bought a pattern for a cosplay I'm going to throw together and overnighted a wig for Ted.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »
5 days untill Sakuracon.

That's rioght folks 5 days left and those 5 days are going by fast. And as promised here's the link to by blog post on staying safe at a coinvention. Check it out and take the words to heart they could really help you out:

http://scififantasyanimeman.wordpress.com/2009/08/15/how-to-stay-safe-at-a-convention/

And enjoy all the great guests of honor and the otaku silliness and insanity at Sakuracon. And don't forget to swing by the Kumricon booth at Sakuracon and let then know you appreciate all that they do. And continued to have loads of fun while at the convention. 5 ddays left untill Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2012, 12:53:09 am »
I will hunt you down Doe, lol.
I just bought a pattern for a cosplay I'm going to throw together and overnighted a wig for Ted.

teehee >:3

O_O holy crap! good luck! i still need to fix my aqua top x.x i'm actually going to bring it to the con... i'm going to be dead lol

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2012, 04:44:05 pm »
This shall be my first Sakuracon as well. Just gotta finish my mask and go buy all the candy for easter baskets! Easter Bunny Lin shall be running amok!  ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2012, 06:09:00 pm »
Oops well what do you know IO skipped a day of the countdown. My bad. Anyhow 3 days untill Sakuracon.

RED ALERT, RED ALERT, RED ALERT!!!! Times going by fast folks it's almost time for the anime goodness to begin. prepare yourselves everyone Thurdsday is trvel day for many Friday for others. But what matters is things are about to heat up. Seattle will become, at least for 3 days, the center of the anime universe. I certainly hope that each and everyone of you will enjoy yourselves. Don't forget to read my post with my link for how to staysafe at a convention. and don't forget to pace yourself, and most importantly...eat. And for those you from the forums going don't forget to come support me and Washougal_Otaku at Otaku 25 and older and Washougal_Otaku's endeavor. We hope that you'll find our efforts to your liking. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURCON CONTINUES!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:31:17 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:31 pm »
And for those you from the forums going don't forget to come support me and Washougal_Otaku at Otaku 25 and older and Washougal_Otaku's endeavor. We hope that you'll find our efforts to your liking. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURCON CONTINUES!!!!!

Which is the stand-up comedy panel.

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2012, 08:50:49 pm »
Im excited about being in the unscripted Chess game sunday.
I need to make sure I make it to the pre-meet friday.
AHHHH
can't wait for Sakuracon in general
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2012, 08:43:48 am »
2 days untill Sakuracon.

Ring-a-ding ding, dinga-doo! 2 days left untill the fireworks start. Can you feel that energy building that excitement, it's so thick you can cut it with a knife! With everything they've already got in store. But chances are add in the absolute randomness of anime fans and I imagine that the random fun will be even better. So remember to get your cosplay outfit/outfits  together and come to the convention with a big smile on your face and with the expectation to have fun and lots of laughs. it's the sort of thing to make even the oldest of anime feel young again. Get ready because Sakuracon is 2 days away. I'm Animeman73, AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2012, 10:51:16 am »
...now that I'm paying attention to it, today is 3 days until Sakuracon.  1 day to Wednesday, 2 days to Thursday, 3 days to Friday.

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:55 pm »
Have tons of fun!!!!!  ;D
And so it begins...

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #214 on: April 03, 2012, 09:38:41 pm »
i started packing!!!!!!!!!! gah, i'm so excited!!!!!!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2012, 12:06:52 am »
I haven't even started packing yet.  I won't be bringing much up with me, anyways.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2012, 10:23:33 am »
1 day untill Sakuracon.

This is it, one day, one teeny weeny day everyone. It's time to finsh up your business and get ready. It is good to travel light iof you're traelling by yourself. me, I'm getting a lift up and back from the conventionm so allI have to do is get my souveniers and make sure that they're in a visible place where I can grab them. Don't forget to cehck out us Kumoricon forunm goers and our panels. Withb Washougal's since it's a stand up panel you might want to bring some aspirin because your ribs will be sore from all the laughing you do. Come to Otaku 25 and older if time and ability allow. And don't forget to check out all the great guests of honor and their panels along the great AMVs and other panels that wuill be there. I, myself am looking forward to the Guest of Honor reception I'm planning to attend. This is going to be a VERY fun Sakuracon for me, and i hope for you too. 1 day untill Sakuracon day 0. I'm ANimeman73,AND THE COUNTDOWN TO SAKURACON CONTINUES!!!!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2012, 06:52:58 am »

(Bells start ringing)

THE CLOCK HAS STRUCK THE HOUR, TIS TIME, TIS TIME!!!!! This is it folks Day 0 of Sakuracon. Get yourselves ready because the fireworks are about to start. I'm looking forward to seeing all you Kummoricon forum goers who are heading up to the Emerald city of Washington state. Don't forget to support us your fellow Kumroicon forum goers and make sure to take lots of pictures so you can have some super memories of the experience.  And if you're taking a camera ddon't forget to get some extra batteries or stop by Bartell''s when you're up there. The time has come to have some fun and I mean to be one of the revealers. It's day 0 of Sakuracon. I'm Animeman73, AND I WILL SEE YA' THERE!!!!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2012, 01:33:38 pm »
Here's the weather report for the 98101 zip code (where the convention center is) for the weekend, as stated by weather.com!

Friday: PM Showers, High of 54o, Low of 37o, Precipitation of 30%.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy, High of 60o, Low of 47o, Precipitation of 10%.
Sunday: Cloudy, High of 65o, Low of 46o, Precipitation of 10%.

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2012, 02:33:14 am »
Now that the con's over........ thanks, to the people at the K-Con booth. I'm glad I can be part of this wonderful con for 2012..... because not only will it be a way for me to show my love of anime/manga/ponies with people I like, I love to bring the NFL to them. By wearing a jersey. :D

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2012, 09:20:08 am »
...garfieldelric, i definitely saw you like, five times. XD

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2012, 10:52:45 am »
I'd like to thank Washougal_Otaku and his friend from their assistance with my panel Otaku 25 and older. I'd also like to thank all those from Kumoricon who took out the time to come to my panel and make it a success. You've given me a happy face. :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:42:42 am by Animeman73 »