Author Topic: Desperately needing SKITS for cosplay contest  (Read 35281 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Desperately needing SKITS for cosplay contest
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:47:08 pm »
=== UPDATED 9/2/2011!!!! ==  <-- LAST UPDATE because I won't have internet access during convention

We have 2 divisions for skits - Dance skit and regular skit
Judges will be some of the GUESTS (you know, those voice actors and industry people who come to Kumoricon to meet us)

I just tallied again what we have for entries ... According to my database as of FRIDAY 9/2 at 08:27AM:

SKITS - ONLY 18 out of 35 slots taken    :-\   (double what we had 2 weeks ago!)
9 Dance skits
9 Regular skits
- - Of those we have 4 dance & 5 regular Novice Adult groups  
                         AND 4 Dance & 1 Regular Novice Minor groups
                         AND 2 Journeyman Regular groups
                         AND 1 Master Dance & 1 Master Regular skit

COSTUME -  27 out of 30 slots taken   :o  NEARLY FULL!!!! (we had some drops and adds)
Stats:
Group Costumes
     - 1 Master group
     - 5 Novice Groups
Solo Costumes
     - 13 Novice
     - 5 Journeyman
     - 3 Master
(keep in mind, that's 4 minutes per costume for judging...but less than 30 seconds each for walk on)

Keep in mind that an advantage of performing in a skit is that you have a longer time on stage for people to admire your costume and be amazed at your tremendous talent. Also, the SKITS are the ones eligible for winning tickets to Kumoricon next year.

Remember: signing up early for a skit slot reduces the STRESS of the cosplay manager (saves me from typing everything in at the last minute!)  And a happy stress free Cosplay Manager is a SANE Cosplay Manager.   

We will try again this year during the SKITS 101 to recruit entries for the "Iron Skit competition" (people who create their skit in that class with a group of people they don't know)

so PLEASE enter your SKITS!!!!

***Keep in mind that this year the big prize for best in show SKIT is tickets to Kumoricon 2012!!!****
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:31:10 am by Runa »

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
Re: Desperately needing SKITS for cosplay contest
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:53:45 am »
What would qualify as a dance skit? Could something like a recreation of 1000 Words or real emotion from FFX-2 work, or something with completely original choreography, like a FF-girls rendition of Butterfly? Or a mix of the both, using an FFX-2 song and having both original choreography and the stuff from the game... or dancing and singing (like Yuna and Lenne singing with the others perhaps acting out soundless snippets of the games) going on with a scene acting out too?

Also, even if entries into the cosplay contest are full, could someone still perhaps enter the workmanship contest with only the entry in a skit? If the walk-on entries are full, does that mean ALL entries into the contest, including workmanship people in skits (like maybe me) won't be able to enter?
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:18:35 am »
What would qualify as a dance skit? Could something like a recreation of 1000 Words or real emotion from FFX-2 work, or something with completely original choreography, like a FF-girls rendition of Butterfly? Or a mix of the both, using an FFX-2 song and having both original choreography and the stuff from the game... or dancing and singing (like Yuna and Lenne singing with the others perhaps acting out soundless snippets of the games) going on with a scene acting out too?

Also, even if entries into the cosplay contest are full, could someone still perhaps enter the workmanship contest with only the entry in a skit? If the walk-on entries are full, does that mean ALL entries into the contest, including workmanship people in skits (like maybe me) won't be able to enter?

The costume entries are separate from the skit entries. When you enter "skit & costume" you are entering 2 contests - one workmanship and one skit contest. Currently we have received an abundance costume entries (which just happen to be walk on entries), so that portion of the competition is nearly full (I was away from email for the weekend, so I have to catch up on those to find out how "full" it is). The skit portion has plenty of openings.

The classification of a skit as dance skit vs regular skit was added because of the debate over how we can compare a skit that's mostly dancing against a traditional one that's mostly dialog. If you think it's a dance skit it's a dance skit. If you think it's a traditional one, it is one.     (note: the judges have the option of changing, adding or combining categories or divisions depending upon the number of entrants in each)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:14:29 am »
Alright, so once the cosplay contest workmanship is full, it's full, regardless of whether or not I want to enter in both the workmanship and the skit. Okies. n.n

Will you announce when the workmanship is full? Also, what about pics? When you sign up, do you need to provide pictures of the completed costume? My Yuna that I want to submit is nearly done, just need to finish the embroidery on the obi and skirt.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:58 am »
We have a skit, but we're not sure how to register? Just here on the Forums, or is there a registration form?
Never mind, found it!

Do you have to be preregistered to enter?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:44:19 am by shipop »
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:58:58 am »
We have a skit, but we're not sure how to register? Just here on the Forums, or is there a registration form?
Never mind, found it!

Do you have to be preregistered to enter?

You can send in your entry before you register, but you must have a convention membership to be able to participate (if you wait for the start of Kumoricon to register, you risk missing out because it may sell  out all memberships before you get to the front of the line, so pre-registration is a good idea to guarantee that you can attend.)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:03:39 pm »
Alright, so once the cosplay contest workmanship is full, it's full, regardless of whether or not I want to enter in both the workmanship and the skit. Okies. n.n

Will you announce when the workmanship is full? Also, what about pics? When you sign up, do you need to provide pictures of the completed costume? My Yuna that I want to submit is nearly done, just need to finish the embroidery on the obi and skirt.

I will announce it's full when I see that it is full.
Bring pictures / source material with you when you go to the workmanship judging. This way, we don't risk mixing up, losing or forgetting your photos, manga, posters, statues etc. We don't need you to send us a photo of your costume - we judge based upon what we see during the judging time.  The source material is to show the judges what the character's costume looks like so we can see how accurately you replicated it. I'll be photographing all entries at the convention during workmanship judging so that we'll have pictures of the winners to show at closing ceremonies.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 06:27:27 pm »
I'll be entering a skit registration form as soon as I finish the script, so do not fret!

Quick question though; is it okay to do a scene reenactment, instead of an original piece of work? Me and my friend would like to recreate a scene from an anime, but we aren't yet sure whether or not that is allowed.

Thanks!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 01:23:55 am »
Since I don't have a group to organize, I'll be entering a skit featuring just myself with the help of of the MC and their ninjas. Will submit a form as soon as i finalize everything.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »
Oh my gawd, the costume portion isn't full, is it?
I just sent in my registry today, and me and my friend have spent tons of money and time on these costumes. ;__;
Please have at least one spot left. /weeps

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 03:13:28 pm »
I'll be entering a skit registration form as soon as I finish the script, so do not fret!

Quick question though; is it okay to do a scene reenactment, instead of an original piece of work? Me and my friend would like to recreate a scene from an anime, but we aren't yet sure whether or not that is allowed.

Thanks!

You do NOT have to have the script ready until Kumoricon! You can enter now.  :)

YES, you can re-enact a scene - it doesn't have to be 100% original.  :)

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:20:25 pm »
You could get what happened last year. EVERY ONE SIGN UP LAST MINUTE.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 04:26:05 pm »

Thanks!

You do NOT have to have the script ready until Kumoricon! You can enter now.  :)

YES, you can re-enact a scene - it doesn't have to be 100% original.  :)

Okay, we entered!
The costume judging isn't full...right? ; __ ;

Offline shipop

• Sailor Scout
    • tumblargh
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 09:37:49 pm »
Is there any room to enter the cosplay contest? Not the skit, per se, but just the cosplay. I've never entered and I've worked daaaang hard on my costumes, haha~ So being able to enter one would be freakin' sweet!
kcon15: kairi - rhys - princess bubblegum - cawlin
newcon15: corvo - ??? - ???
sakuracon16: dorian pavus - leonardo da vinci - chloe price
fanime16: ???

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:23 pm »
Is there any room to enter the cosplay contest? Not the skit, per se, but just the cosplay. I've never entered and I've worked daaaang hard on my costumes, haha~ So being able to enter one would be freakin' sweet!
Same, buddy.
Me and Meep are almost $200 into these darn costumes for material costs, and many hours for labor, I really hope we can enter. ;__;

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 07:32:41 am »
Same, buddy.
Me and Meep are almost $200 into these darn costumes for material costs, and many hours for labor, I really hope we can enter. ;__;

Send in your applications ASAP to get your spot. I'll try my best to extend number of entries (and we sometimes have cancellations), but there is a limit

And plan on doing a SKIT!!    Plenty of room for skits  - it still allows you to show off your costumes; you get to be on stage for a while, acting as your character; and you could win the skit competition (and get free tickets to Kumoricon next year...) ; or, you MIGHT just win "audience choice"... you never know

Walk-on is very quick on stage and pretty much only the judges really get a good look at your costume.  :)  So skit *is* the better way to go.  :)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 10:16:37 am »
All I would really be able to do as a skit would be stand on stage and sing karaoke. The dangers of cosplaying from a Macross series, I guess. If I could figure anything out beyond that I honestly would have a skit to give you.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:32 am »
Runa, I am doing a skit as well, but we also entered for costume judging ~
Our application was sent yesterday though, so I'm hoping we made it in time!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 08:27:50 pm »
=== UPDATED 8/5/2011!!!! ==

We even have 2 divisions for skits - Dance skit and regular skit
Judges will be some of the GUESTS (you know, those voice actors and industry people who come to Kumoricon to meet us)

I just tallied what we have for entries (there were some changes and other modifications + several instances of multiple emails from the same person that confused me in the initial count... HOWEVER, this tally is from the database as of 8/5 at 8:15 PM:

SKITS - ONLY 6 out of 35 slots taken    :-\
4 Dance skits
2 Regular skits
- - All NOVICE entries (but of those we have 3 dance & 1 regular Novice Adult groups AND 1 Dance & 1 Regular Novice Minor groups)

COSTUME - 15 out of 30 slots taken 
Stats:
Group Costumes
     - 2 Journeyman groups
     - 4 Novice Groups
Solo Costumes
     - 6 Novice
     - 1 Journeyman
     - 2 Master
(keep in mind, that's 4 minutes per costume for judging...but less than 30 seconds each for walk on)
This is going to make a very short contest.  Remember: signing up early for a skit slot reduces the STRESS of the cosplay manager (saves me from typing everything in at the last minute!)  And a happy stress free Cosplay Manager is a SANE Cosplay Manager

***Keep in mind that this year the big prize for best in show SKIT is tickets to Kumoricon 2012!!!****

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 08:29:21 pm »

You're *IN*    that's why I did the double-check. I had about 45 emails in the "costume" pile, but many of those turned out to be copies of emails sent between me and entrants answering their questions and it confused me in my initial estimate.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 08:45:14 pm »
I have a question...
I'm thinking of making a skit and was curious if some people in the group could have costumes judged and others could just be a part of the skit? Or would the whole group have to be judged on costumes together?

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 10:24:30 pm »

You're *IN*    that's why I did the double-check. I had about 45 emails in the "costume" pile, but many of those turned out to be copies of emails sent between me and entrants answering their questions and it confused me in my initial estimate.
Thank you so much :>

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 01:45:21 am »
I want to enter my Princess Peach, ahaha.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »
I'm seeing what I can do
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Atashi

• Oni
    • {Words of Songs} ~translating anime & game lyrics + blogging on subfields
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 11:58:37 pm »
My friend and I are interested in entering the Cosplay Contest as a Regular skit.
I have a quick question. We're a part of a group that won a Best Novice skit prize two years ago but not the whole group will be entering this contest. Should we register in the Journeyman category regardless?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:59:21 pm by Atashi »
2011 Cosplays:
- Menma (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.)
- Recette Lemongrass (Recettear ~Itemya-san no Hajimekata~)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 09:33:39 am »
I have an idea for one, but Chris is worried that the process involved (walk thru meetings being back stage to preform ect) will be too tiring  much for me being pregnant.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Sunnybrook's dA Account
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 01:35:25 am »
Hmmm, I've always wanted to do a skit...*grabs a bud & brainstorms*

So do we apply here as a post, or is there application on the main page?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 02:00:45 am »
You can find info on signing-up in this thread: Cosplay Contest Rules and Form
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 07:18:44 am »
I have a question...
I'm thinking of making a skit and was curious if some people in the group could have costumes judged and others could just be a part of the skit? Or would the whole group have to be judged on costumes together?

On your form just mark which ones are having their costumes judge and which ones aren't (in the section where you enter each person's name & costume, the choices are Novice, Journeyman, Master or "not applicable".... "not applicable" is for costumes not being judged)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 07:20:15 am »
My friend and I are interested in entering the Cosplay Contest as a Regular skit.
I have a quick question. We're a part of a group that won a Best Novice skit prize two years ago but not the whole group will be entering this contest. Should we register in the Journeyman category regardless?
Thanks.

Yes, you should register as Journeyman  :)

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »
Hi, I'm the friend Sunnybrook grabbed... I was wondering what time commitments there would be...roughly...I want to plan my con well and how many costume changes I'd have.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 08:28:36 am »
Hi, I'm the friend Sunnybrook grabbed... I was wondering what time commitments there would be...roughly...I want to plan my con well and how many costume changes I'd have.

Standard schedule is as follows:  (exact times will be known once the official schedule is published)
Saturday evening: Pre-meeting (about an hour)
Sunday morning: Technical walkthrough (this is to run everyone's skit sound files to ensure they work and to tell tech crew what lighting effects are needed; walk-ons get a quick practice stroll across stage to get a feel for size of stage)
Sunday afternoon: Costume judging (if you are having costume judged - each entry takes about 4 minutes judging, but you'll be asked to arrive about 15 minutes prior to your time-slot. If we're ahead, you may be judged early and can then scoot)
Sunday late afternoon: Gather in green room 1/2 hour prior to curtain time for last minute instructions from Stage Manager / Green Room Mom
Sunday Late afternoon: cosplay event (length varies depending upon number of entrants and how long judges take)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 11:40:55 am »
May do a skit.....Should be pretty funny, but I need to find other people to do it with me...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Atashi

• Oni
    • {Words of Songs} ~translating anime & game lyrics + blogging on subfields
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 06:20:00 pm »
Thanks.

Yes, you should register as Journeyman  :)
Thank you. Will be registering very soon.
2011 Cosplays:
- Menma (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.)
- Recette Lemongrass (Recettear ~Itemya-san no Hajimekata~)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 12:07:07 pm »
This is the same update as I put at the beginning of the thread, just to ensure you notice it

We have 2 divisions for skits - Dance skit and regular skit

I just tallied again what we have for entries ... According to my database as of SATURDAY 8/14 at 11:58 AM:

SKITS - ONLY 12 out of 35 slots taken    :-\   (double what we had 10 days ago!)
6 Dance skits
6 Regular skits
- - Of those we have 4 dance & 2 regular Novice Adult groups   
                         AND 2 Dance & 2 Regular Novice Minor groups
                         AND 1 Journeyman & 1 Master Regular skit

COSTUME -  23 out of 30 slots taken  :o  NEARLY FULL!!!!
Stats:
Group Costumes
     - 2 Journeyman groups
     - 4 Novice Groups
Solo Costumes
     - 12 Novice
     - 2 Journeyman
     - 3 Master

This is going to make a short contest.  Keep in mind that an advantage of performing in a skit is that you have a longer time on stage for people to admire your costume and be amazed at your tremendous talent. Also, the SKITS are the ones eligible for winning tickets to Kumoricon next year.

Remember: signing up early for a skit slot reduces the STRESS of the cosplay manager (saves me from typing everything in at the last minute!)  And a happy stress free Cosplay Manager is a SANE Cosplay Manager

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 12:08:36 pm »
We are working out the details and how many people i can gather for the skit.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 02:25:10 pm »
If you have not heard, Cosplay skit judges will be our 3 hunky Guests of Honor (http://www.kumoricon.org/guests <-- yeah, those cuties). W00t.  :o

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »
Can you let us know what ones have been confirmed? I mailed mine in and I can't know if it has been received or not due to my email system being broken.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 09:56:29 am »
Can you let us know what ones have been confirmed? I mailed mine in and I can't know if it has been received or not due to my email system being broken.
Those who emailed their forms in received responses immediately via email.

I got yours in the mail the other day.  :)  So it's confirmed (yey - I don't have to use a stamp to mail you a post card confirmation)

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 08:57:32 pm »
hooray! thanks for letting me know :D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:50 am »
I just submitted an entry (I think).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Soramunesanzun

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:04 pm »
Solo Costumes
     - 12 Novice
     - 2 Journeyman
     - 3 Master

So it's me....or the other guy.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2011, 01:27:14 pm »

6 Dance skits
6 Regular skits
- - Of those we have 4 dance & 2 regular Novice Adult groups   
                         AND 2 Dance & 2 Regular Novice Minor groups
                         AND 1 Journeyman & 1 Master Regular skit

Group Costumes
     - 2 Journeyman groups
     - 4 Novice Groups

I see, so it seems that I will be havingl ots of competition, eh?

BRING IT ON, BOYS.

Offline TheArtNinja

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2011, 01:34:19 pm »
So, if I wanted to wear my Bowser costume and do a short little 1.2 minute long dance, would that count as both a workmanship and a skit entry? And what day(s) does one have to attend to participate and/or claim prizes? Are they on seperate days? And if you win, but aren't able to pick up your prize, do you miss out and it goes to the next person in line? I only ask because last year, I was going to enter the cosplay contest, but was only able to attend a single day and did not want to miss the judging and so, did not participate at all.
The Super Mario Cosplay and Photoshoot Thread! Show your Mushroom Kingdom pride!
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=15268.0

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »
@ninja: It would be a dance skit, and you can also enter as a costume entry, by your name on the entry form you just select which category of costume you want (novice, journeyman, master, or none). You will have to attend on Saturday and Sunday because there is a pre-meeting Saturday night, stage rehearsal thing Sunday morning, costume judging Sunday afternoon, and contest Sunday afternoon. I have no idea about prizes though. ^_^ But winners don't have specified times for going to get prizes, you just have to go by when you have time I think starting Sunday night?
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2011, 03:26:11 pm »

I haven't seen an email from you Wash.....   :(
Please recheck.   Email it to  cosplay@kumoricon.org   
And you can always PASTE the content of the form into the email (rather than do an attachment)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2011, 03:36:11 pm »
So, if I wanted to wear my Bowser costume and do a short little 1.2 minute long dance, would that count as both a workmanship and a skit entry? And what day(s) does one have to attend to participate and/or claim prizes? Are they on seperate days? And if you win, but aren't able to pick up your prize, do you miss out and it goes to the next person in line? I only ask because last year, I was going to enter the cosplay contest, but was only able to attend a single day and did not want to miss the judging and so, did not participate at all.

Yes, workmanship + skit.

Officially, the Cosplay competition is on SUNDAY of the convention. Because of scheduling and other things, the pre-meeting (where we check in entries) is on Saturday night. If you can ONLY attend on Sunday, PLEASE let me know and I'll check you in as if you'd shown up at the pre-meeting ( I understand that there are some who cannot attend the complete convention due to financial and other reasons) . Please keep in mind that the Tech rehearsal starts at 7:30 AM on Sunday (if you don't like that email programming@kumoricon.org and mention that to Jaki... I already told her that that would be difficult for people, but she said Main Events schedule was so full that the only time we COULD fit in tech rehearsal was starting at that time (it runs 7:30 -10:30 AM....) SORRY!!!!  )   :(

Workmanship judging is Sunday from about noon til 3 or 4....  depends upon number of entries and death rate of judges.   ;)  We'll be scheduling entrants for judging in 1/2 hour time blocks, but at this time, I can't guess who's scheduled when. Occasionally, if there are staffers / panelists entered, we do our best to ensure that those people are scheduled around their other commitments.

Should you win, the prizes will be available shortly after the Cosplay competition ends on Sunday night. Basically, each winner will receive a plaque with prize name and entrant name on it, plus <something cool>, depending upon which prize the entrant has won. This year, best in Show receives tickets to 2012 Kumoricon... and I've requested "cosplay relevant" prizes for other entrants (which could include gift cards for stuff from Joann's or other fabric / costuming stores....)   Sometimes, prizes can be "Kumoricon bucks", which is a coupon for $xx worth of stuff from any vendor at Kumoricon. Of course, if you are only there one day and you win something like that, you'll have to negotiate with the Programming people for how that could be handled.....   I'm not certain how LATE things will be ready, because it does take some time to prepare prize items - I think last year they finished up around 10 or 11 PM....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:41:43 pm by Runa »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »
Runa, I have a quick question about lighting.

What sorts of things can be offered? Me and my friend would LOVE some flashing red lights for certain parts of our skit, so would the be possible?

Thanks!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 10:20:45 pm »

I haven't seen an email from you Wash.....   :(
Please recheck.   Email it to  cosplay@kumoricon.org  
And you can always PASTE the content of the form into the email (rather than do an attachment)

Really?  I'll have to try it again once I come back for break...

Okay, it should be in now.

As for Saturday, it will depend on the time that it happens.  I have a panel Saturday night, as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:22:28 am by Washougal_Otaku »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 09:06:24 am »
Runa, I have a quick question about lighting.

What sorts of things can be offered? Me and my friend would LOVE some flashing red lights for certain parts of our skit, so would the be possible?

Thanks!

They usually have at least colored lights, a strobe light and a spotlight. At the technical rehearsal, you can ask for what you want, and they can tell you for certain what they can do.   :)