Author Topic: the hunt for rubber sheet  (Read 1655 times)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
the hunt for rubber sheet
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »
HELP ME FIND A RUBBER SHEET!

this is what u can do with rubber sheet

see his armor? its nothing BUT rubber sheets *minus the epic glowing lights of awesomeness*
im sure its a whole lot less expensive than molds and resins- thus why i am in an epic search of this

--kudos to you kuya amado...*bows down*

they're very durable- works best as armor-- easy to cut, can be heated and bent,
basically they're big slabs or rubber-- kinda like a plain material of what tires are made of.
if any1 can find a way or knows where to buy this- i will personally help u with armor making~!
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: the hunt for rubber sheet
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »
I think this should be what you need. I bought some rubber from there a few years back. Prompt and reliable service.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 10:56:38 pm »
Check here first.

tried to-- no leads beside eyeofabyss'...

@eye i has no any way of ordering anything aside from paypal ;A;
-- if i do have any, i may be just too much of a newb to realize

*sulks in the corner behind the couch by the curtains*
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:59:28 pm by zenneth »
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:09 pm »
Oh. Yeah, you need a credit card or debit card of some kind to order from their website.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:45:29 am »
was able to order in that site-- not the right rubber sheet.... its too flimsy and stuff... :(
oTL

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:55:13 pm »
What about the kiddy foam, they sell that at JoAnn's. I've painted it before and it takes up fine. Other than it being filmsy in some points from gravity, it takes shapes pretty well. I know people who've done heat-melting to get shapes together.
tutorial here
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:28 pm »
the problem of kiddy rubber sheets is that they dont come in BIG SLABS of kiddy rubber sheet XD
what i need most is size and thickness (the thicker the rubber sheet is, the firmer it gets X3)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 05:19:32 pm »
They do offer a big roll of white foam at joanns that's the same stuff. For my store, it was on the opposite side of the aisle (still within the same aisle though) by the sculpey and face masks kind of. It came in a sheet of like 36"x60" or something like that. It was big enough that I was able to make 3 giant cuts for a large Hylian shield I made.
pic of what I did
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 06:12:13 pm »
awesome shield~~

k i'll try looking and ask the people there if they have a big slab of rubber sheet