Author Topic: An idea regarding glomp circle gatherings  (Read 2529 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
An idea regarding glomp circle gatherings
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »
I'm not sure this is the right place to post it, but I have an idea that I was thinking for doing that regards the glomp circles. I've noticed that a lot of people form them to play Spin the Bottle and glomp whoever the bottle lands on.
I don't know if glomp circles last all day or if different ones are formed at different times of each day, but for those who go to them, I wanted to suggest a game that I had a lot of fun playing in youth group.

The way it goes is everyone gets in a circle and one person has to say they like everyone except for people who have a certain anime-related distinction. Anyone who has it, must get into the middle of the circle. Then one of the spaces they had previously occupied is removed and the ones in the middle must find one of the remaining spaces to occupy. Whoever is unable to get into one of those spaces will be out and have to exit the circle. The game will continue until the circle gets too small and then a new game will start.

Here's an example. Say there were fifteen people playing. They would all stand to form a circle and one person would say, "I like everyone except people in Final Fantasy 7 cosplays." If there are three people dressed as characters from FF7, they will have to get into the middle of the circle. Then of the spaces they were occupying, everyone still in the circle will have to move slightly, so one of those spaces is no longer there and of the two remaining, the three people in the circle will have to try to get to them. The person who doesn't, make it will leave the circle until the next game. If only one person is dressed that way, he/she will still have to get in and try to get back before his/her space is lost.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: An idea regarding glomp circle gatherings
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 03:18:44 pm »
I don't quiet understand the way you described it. I get up to the first group forming a new circle then it gets confusing for me.

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:52:37 pm »
If one person says, I like everyone except people in Final Fantasy 7 cosplay and if three people are dressed that way, they will have to get into the circle. When they do that, the  three spots of the circle they were standing in are now open. But one of them will be closed. Of the two that are still open, the three people have to try to get into one of the two remaining open spots, but one of them won't make it. That person will be eliminated.
Then the game continues and someone will have to say something like "I like everyone except people dressed in a school uniform" or "I like everyone except people wearing a wig or hair dye" and anyone like that will have to get in the circle and try to get to a remaining space.

Offline miko murphy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 03:55:33 pm »
I played this during leadership camp and in one of my social studies class, except we say "I like ....." and the people that does the activity or wearing the clothing has to get up and run to the open spots and the last person in the middle that cant find a seat has to say the "I like...."
2009 attendee 2010 attendee 2011 info booth staff

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »
So it's kinda like musical chairs in a way...
You take away one chair/spot each round and whoever doesn't get there in time is out.
But having it be randomly spoken would get a bit out of hand unless you go around the circle.

Also, this would be a different circle than glomp circles. Cause those are only for glomping so people can get it out of their system. So it's more of a musical chairs circle...kinda...

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 05:08:40 pm »
OK I get it now. Its not a bad idea.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 05:44:49 pm »
...I think I like the bottle technique more, myself.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 07:59:30 pm »
For each turn, we could spin the bottle to decide who to pick.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 09:20:34 pm »
as long as the glomp circle isn't violent like the one at pioneer square was last year I would be very much up to this :3

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 08:26:49 am »
^ That is the main thing.  Really, anything else ought to be okay, so long as this is respected.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 09:55:42 pm »
I've played a game similar to this. But no spots are emptied.

One or two people are sent into the center of the circle and agree one something to call out such as, "I like people who wear shoes!" And everyone who wears shoes runs into the circle to trade spots, including the people in the middle.

You can choose to stay put and there are people who stay because they don't feel like running on that turn.

After the people find new spots, usually at least 3 people away, there's 1 or 2 people who don't have spots and they get to pick the next thing to call out.

That's a good way to burn off energy, but it'd be probably a good idea to urge people not to run at top speed. Or change run to brisk walk or walk.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 11:56:13 pm »
oh i know this game. we played it in my Japanese class. My teacher called it Fruit Basket.