Author Topic: Exhibitors Hall  (Read 1791 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Exhibitors Hall
« on: May 28, 2011, 06:35:28 pm »
When do applications for it open? I've been asking for the information since the beginning of the year, and the only official word I've recieved in that time has been that those things would be posted after Sakura Con. With the smaller room and having to demonstrate the uniqueness of our products, I should think prospective sellers would need plenty of time to make arrangements. I know I certainly do.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Re: Exhibitors Hall
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 12:58:39 pm »
Hello there!

Our awesome Relations staff should be able to give you some insight on this soon, I'll be directing them to this post so they know who to talk to. I also recommend sending (another) email to relations@kumoricon.org .... there is always the potential that something just got lost in the shuffle and they didn't get you the info you need!

I can't imagine it being too long from now that Exhibitors info starts being released, so please keep checking back and make sure to e-mail, if you are one of the lucky ones who gets in, I can't wait to see you at con!

-Ally
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 10:00:45 pm »
All right. I don't want to seem like I'm pestering them, but it *has* been quite a while and I know I can't be the only one waiting on this information.

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »
and it's july now and still nothing. i emailed them but still haven't heard back. mmm...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:13:10 pm »
I'm going to try to go to the meeting this weekend to see what's what. Maybe if a bunch of us go together we can get some answers.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 10:54:17 am »
Well, I couldn't get to the meeting, but I really need to express my concern over this.

Especially since we can't prereg without knowing if we have a booth or not. I want some reassurance that we'll at the very least be able to get into the convention at this point, what with prereg filling up.

Honestly this is nerve-wracking, and with the convention in a month and a half--less than that even--we really need some sort of official word other than "we're waiting for our lawyer". You've been waiting on that lawyer for at least two months now. At least keep talking to us.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 12:15:41 pm »
I really wish we did have something different to say, like "... and the con's lawyer has promised to get back to us by XYZ day." But unfortunately, we don't. :-\ Sometimes I have a heck of a time keeping current even in my own areas (infobooth/volunteers/forums). For that and other reasons, it's difficult to get much more than status updates from other areas.

Please remember, we're a "volunteer" organization rather than a paid "professional" organization or a company with a help desk. That ~doesn't~ make it okay to leave matters on hold indefinitely, but it does mean sometimes all we can say is that we don't know yet.

It's fine to ask; in fact, please DO keep asking. But please keep in mind that we may not have the answer you want as soon as either of us would like, and it's not necessarily from a lack of trying.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 01:17:33 pm »
I know, I know. But it really seems that this lawyer doesn't seem to grasp that people need to have this information well in advance.

I think at this point what's worrying me the most is that I won't be able to get in. The convention is always full, and since I haven't been able to prereg--and neither have any other potential vendors--we want some sort of proof that we can at least attend. Would it be possible, due to the sheer amount of time this is taking, to waive the "no refunds" rule for potential vendors so we can at least get our feet in the door and come as normal attendees if nothing else?

Offline ObiJay

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 06:05:17 pm »
I think the worst part for a lot of people is that emails have been going unanswered. I do understand that this is an all volunteer gig and nearly everyone has a day job, but just a quick "Hey, sorry about the wait/thanks for submitting the requested information/we can't give you a definitive answer right now but we did receive your email" would probably put a lot of people's fear at ease.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:35 am »
I think so too. All right, yes, we don't have any answers yet. But notifying us to that fact when we ask directly would be much appreciated. It's at least cutting to the chase rather than greeting us with stony silence.