Author Topic: Summer Wars  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
Summer Wars
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:18:50 pm »
I just watched this Japanese Animated Film. I really really liked it and thought it was well done. Does anyone here like it?

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
Re: Summer Wars
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:26:27 pm »
I've heard REALLY good things about this movie, and I really want to see it! I think Comcast actually has it on demand to watch, I should do that!
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »
FUUUU I LOVE IT. I was so pleased I was finally able to buy it at S-con. I was gonna buy it at bestbuy but didn't have money at the time.

I originally watched a subbed version in December of 09 but it had been taken down after that. So I was really happy to watch it again after con and to be able to own it. 
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:40:44 pm »
I wasn't too impressed with this movie. My BF loves it to hell and back but me...yeah no.
To me it's the biggest Digimon rip off ever because the story is almost exactly like the Digimon movie. :/
Some virus is taking over the internet and some kids go to save it before the whole world is destroyed.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 11:41:23 pm »
I wasn't too impressed with this movie. My BF loves it to hell and back but me...yeah no.
To me it's the biggest Digimon rip off ever because the story is almost exactly like the Digimon movie. :/
Some virus is taking over the internet and some kids go to save it before the whole world is destroyed.
I got that as well, but I love Digimon so I kind of find it flattering for them to do that. I also like it considering they made it more real. Not actual creatures but all in a virtual world you can't go to. That and the danger affected every day lives. It's truly just a cute well made movie.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:35:12 am »
I see were you're coming from. I just rewatched the Digimon a few weeks prior to watching this movie. But I think this one is better in my opinion. There wasn't that much fighting in it compared to the Digimon movie. I really liked how Oz sorta became part of everyone's daily life. But it shows what can happen if we get too dependent on technology. Because just like humans, technology isn't perfect.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 03:45:45 pm »
It was a fun movie, I really liked it. Though it sounds like I may have to go check out the Digimon movie now.
Team Koga

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 05:14:50 pm »
Summer Wars is fantastic, definitely one of my top ten animated films.

Also the director of Summer Wars is the director of Our War Game so that would explain the similar themes, although I feel like Summer Wars handled it a lot better.

Offline oceanrabbits

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »
I love it too! I've mainly watched the dubbed version of it, but it's one of my fave movies!! I find myself watching it probably more than 3 times a week.

Not sure if anybody here knows this or not but, in the English Dub, the voice actor Todd Haberkorn who is in Summer Wars has his own website called Team Haberkorn. If you join www.teamhaberkorn.com today you will gain complete access to the site, members only contests, and so much more.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:23 am »
I enjoyed the movie. I liked it a lot.
I actually saw it for the first time last January at Mew-Con. The Kashyyyk Base/Cloud City Garrison was invited, and while we were walking around I slipped into the viewing room and watched it. It was the subtitled version.
I liked it enough that, a couple months later when it came out in the US, I bought it on blu-ray and watched it again. This time it was dubbed. :P

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:10:55 pm »
Loved it. Jeni, Taco & Tsumi showed it to me. They warned me I'd cry. Totally did. A bunch. Then broke my brain with an AMV about it, set to Miley Cyrus. If you find it, you've been warned :D
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).