Author Topic: Personal or Group Photoshoots by NW Cosplay Open 2011  (Read 3326 times)

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
Personal or Group Photoshoots by NW Cosplay Open 2011
« on: June 29, 2011, 08:03:19 am »
Hello Cosplayers!

I will be offer personal and group photo shoots at KumoriCon and Aki Con.
*Personal photo shoots will be $20 for 30min of shooting and you will get 5edited photos and 2pages in the next book.
*Group (about 3-5people) photo shoots will be $60 and be one hour and each cosplayer will get 2edited individual shots and 3 group edited shots and 4pages in the next book.

Schedule is pretty open right now. I know people don’t know which time would work since the con’s schedules aren’t up.
Posting this for pre-sign ups since I will only 11 spots available. Email me at nwcosplay@hotmail.com  if you are interested!

about NW Cosplay:
Is a book I decided to make featuring cosplayers in the Northwest. I started this in order to push myself to grow as a photographer while giving other cosplayers a chance to shine. I sold my first book at SakuraCon 2011 and sold 10copies, you can also purchase the book at http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2078686.
I plan on making another book, using Magcloud, in which I would love to be done with it by SakuraCon 2012 but since I will be having 100pages (instead of 40) it might take longer to fill.
In the mean time I will be doing shoots for the next book.
To see more of my work http://deastar.smugmug.com/NW-Cosplay

I do need cosplayers to be over the age of 18 since I do need you to sign a model release form so I can put the images into the book.

Thanks, Dea
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:06:02 am by bluepaws25 »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Personal or Group Photoshoots by NW Cosplay Open 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:01:53 am »
Sounds great! You've got some awesome photos there, and I'm for sure looking to get some photos taken this year, so I'll be in touch. I'd love to work with you!

I'm curious, for the Tifa you photographed, who picked the location (you or cosplayer)? Because it was perfect  :) I'll be new to photo shoots, so knowing how much to plan and prepare, or if you have much intuition about what works in photos, will be helpful.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:03:34 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:04 am »
Just so you know...cosplayers do not have a lot of money to spare on photos.
Very rarely will you find a cosplayer who will pay for photos when we can get free ones taken so around here you aren't going to have the best of luck getting $20 for 30 minutes when we can get an hour free with someone else. :/
Maybe at Sakuracon you can rope people in but around here...we're pretty good at being so close to each other that we do things like that for each other without asking for anything in return except maybe them taking photos of us.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:10:28 pm »
Very rarely will you find a cosplayer who will pay for photos when we can get free ones taken so around here you aren't going to have the best of luck getting $20 for 30 minutes when we can get an hour free with someone else. :/
Maybe at Sakuracon you can rope people in but around here...we're pretty good at being so close to each other that we do things like that for each other without asking for anything in return except maybe them taking photos of us.

Her prices are not bad; $20 bucks for edited photo plus you get the photos put into her next book. That's cheap I’ve run into some who charge $30+ for just one photo in a book, or even some photos. Yes there are photographers, who take photos for free, but it's also expensive for them especially if they want to start a book project; so a little money helps.  I also know cosplayers that pay for photos, because they like their work and want to support them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:14:16 pm by BangBangNeko »

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 12:50:21 am »
Hey, I met you at MEWcon! I also talked to you at Sakuracon a little bit :>

I might be interested, but it'd be in groups. Let me ask around~

I payed well over $20 for a photoshoot once and the pictures were FABULOUS |:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:51:31 am by fleur_fraise »
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:54 am »
Like everyone else has said, the prices aren't bad at all, and I wouldn't say people on the Kumo forums are very close-knit, either. But that's just me.

Anyway, bluepaws, your photos look great! I might be interested.  :)
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »
thanks for the replies everyone! and i'm glad you like my photos, normally i do free photoshoots at cons, but since i want to make another book and need to get software to make i need to raise some cash to buy it, not to mention the program i use to edit the photos costed me almost $300 not to mention how pricey my camera was and the fact that i also need more equipment too. plus this is a passion hobby that i'm trying to turn into a business! since i'd love love to own a studio:)

i will be taking hallway type shots for free but those will not be edited or emailed to you and they will be a collage in the book for the Kumoricon 2011 report.

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 03:06:22 pm »
Sounds great! You've got some awesome photos there, and I'm for sure looking to get some photos taken this year, so I'll be in touch. I'd love to work with you!

I'm curious, for the Tifa you photographed, who picked the location (you or cosplayer)? Because it was perfect  :) I'll be new to photo shoots, so knowing how much to plan and prepare, or if you have much intuition about what works in photos, will be helpful.

I told her about the location to see if that would be a good place. Gasworks park is great for so many different cosplays, so if it's a hard one to figure out we always go there. For the most part I help find locations, mostly stick to parks, but would like cosplayers to help find places too.
I'm also a cosplayer so I know what it's like to be in front of the camera too, so I will help make you look good!
thanks, dea

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »
I'll be up for two shoots. One day 1 as azula from avatar and one day 2 as rikku from ffx I am good for any time at the moment.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »
Sent you an email, bluepaws  :)

Really excited to get something going.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:59 am »
it's been comfirmed that i will be selling in artist alley all weekend and luckily i have my boyfriend who can cover the table when i need to do shoots.
i'll be arriving friday evening so we can meet up then to talk about when and where for the shoot.
I've got 6 people interested and i could fit about 5 more people for shoots.
let me know if you are interested.

thanks, dea

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:25 am »
I think I will consider this one! This is my Jager suit's last con before he is retired so a nice photoshoot will be great! Count me in!
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 10:17:25 am »
I don't know if I'll have the cash for a photo shoot but as I'm the least photogenic person I know it would certainly be a test of your skills ^_^

Offline Roah

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:34 am »

Her prices are not bad; $20 bucks for edited photo plus you get the photos put into her next book. That's cheap I’ve run into some who charge $30+ for just one photo in a book, or even some photos. Yes there are photographers, who take photos for free, but it's also expensive for them especially if they want to start a book project; so a little money helps.  I also know cosplayers that pay for photos, because they like their work and want to support them.

It's funny that photographers charge YOU to put YOU in a book that THEY'RE going to make money off of.
My friend Kevin Russ, who's a VERY well known photographer on iStock doesn't charge people at all. All he asks is that you sign a model release form so he can sell your pictures, because he makes thousands of dollars off pictures he took of other people.

That's like telling poetry.com they can sell your poems in a book and not share the profit with you lol
Did you know balloons come from the sky? That's why they're always trying to get back.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:29 pm »
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable because the people who are willing to pay the small amount are people who love their cosplay and are doing it for the sheer satisfaction of having others see and appreciate their work. I know the thought of money doesn't even register. Just to have the opportunity to have some quality pictures taken and published of my cosplay is more than enough. I figure that is the mindset of anyone willing to pay (and by the way... it's $20. That isn't outrageous regardless of your income.).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:11:54 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 02:31:53 pm »
wow that looks awesome!!!
I think I will consider this one! This is my Jager suit's last con before he is retired so a nice photoshoot will be great! Count me in!

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 02:35:36 pm »

It's funny that photographers charge YOU to put YOU in a book that THEY'RE going to make money off of.
My friend Kevin Russ, who's a VERY well known photographer on iStock doesn't charge people at all. All he asks is that you sign a model release form so he can sell your pictures, because he makes thousands of dollars off pictures he took of other people.

That's like telling poetry.com they can sell your poems in a book and not share the profit with you lol
just to let you know that so far i have not made any money from selling my BOOKS!
i ask for money so i can buy the stuff i need (i ask for money to help make the books, since it does cost money to buy software i need).
i make the books cuz i love photography.
so please note that i do not make money from selling books, what i ask for is what it costs me to get them published!

Offline bluepaws25

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 02:36:57 pm »
I'd say it's perfectly reasonable because the people who are willing to pay the small amount are people who love their cosplay and are doing it for the sheer satisfaction of having others see and appreciate their work. I know the thought of money doesn't even register. Just to have the opportunity to have some quality pictures taken and published of my cosplay is more than enough. I figure that is the mindset of anyone willing to pay (and by the way... it's $20. That isn't outrageous regardless of your income.).
Thank you for seeing it that way.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 10:37:14 am »
wow that looks awesome!!!

Why thank you! =]
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu