Poll

Which of these is the most awkward?

when you are practicing a Japanese pop dance in front of a reflective window, and you realize your Principal is on the other side watching
0 (0%)
when you hear your parents doing the jiggy upstairs but don't want to tell them to be quiet.
5 (23.8%)
[when you have to explain to a co-worker why there's a picture of you in a pink dress on your Facebook profile.] ... The twice as awkward moment when you have to explain the same thing to your grandma.
1 (4.8%)
when you're 1 cent short at the grocery store D:
1 (4.8%)
when my coworkers ask me why I don't talk about my husband or wear my wedding ring. (I'm not married)
1 (4.8%)
when you realize that you talk to yourself.... out loud... and use a variety of different voices.
3 (14.3%)
[when] my coworker who has decided I should have a baby talks to me about pregnancy stuff, and asks me questions like what I'm looking for in a "baby daddy."
2 (9.5%)
when you're at a graduation party with the boy you went to prom with's family and they're convinced the two of you guys are going to get married and have babies. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'm gay.
3 (14.3%)
when you go to a fast food place, you're about to order, then you see someone coughing/sneezing/wiping their hands on their jeans in the kitchen and you're like, "Uh, nevermind. I'll make something at home, actually..."
0 (0%)
when you text your friend to see if they want to hang out, then pass out 10 minutes later and wake up to a missed call and 3 unread text messages wondering whether you're still coming over
1 (4.8%)
[when] you're at work, and you have to tell a customer that their zipper is down.
3 (14.3%)
when you write up a HILARIOUS reply, but then you read it again and think "that's really not funny," so you type a new one, but it isn't funny either, and eventually you just close the window instead of showing everyone how un-funny you are.
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: August 02, 2011, 08:04:44 pm

Author Topic: The Most Awkward Moments Ever  (Read 5641 times)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
The Most Awkward Moments Ever
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:26:10 am »
Because we don't (yet) have a like button, here's the next best thing for one thread...

If people like this idea, I'll keep posting new choices at the end of each poll. All selections will be taken from the That Awkward Moment When... thread on the Off-Topic main board. I reserve the unlimited right to change the results, change the rules, remove options, etc if I see people trying to monkey around with the poll or spamming the boards. (But I really really hope it never comes to that, 'cause it's not srs bsns.)

You can always post awkward moments here if you want, but they won't be used as selections for the poll unless they're posted in the original thread. Please feel free to comment as much as you like, as long as it's not some variation on the theme of PLZ VOTE4 ME GAIZ PLZ PLZ PLZ. ;)

(Edit) Original awkward moments may be edited, particularly for brevity - the forum software doesn't seem to like anything over 245 characters, and will truncate poll options down to that number.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:42:19 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Re: The Most Awkward Moments Ever
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 03:51:28 pm »
The Most Awkward :-[ Moments Ever

• when you are practicing a Japanese pop dance in front of a reflective window, and you realize your Principal is on the other side watching
  • when you hear your parents doing the jiggy upstairs but don't want to tell them to be quiet.
  • [when you have to explain to a co-worker why there's a picture of you in a pink dress on your Facebook profile.] ... The twice as awkward moment when you have to explain the same thing to your grandma.
  • when you're 1 cent short at the grocery store D:
  • when my coworkers ask me why I don't talk about my husband or wear my wedding ring. (I'm not married)
    when you realize that you talk to yourself.... out loud... and use a variety of different voices.
  • [when] my coworker who has decided I should have a baby talks to me about pregnancy stuff, and asks me questions like what I'm looking for in a "baby daddy."
  • when you're at a graduation party with the boy you went to prom with's family and they're convinced the two of you guys are going to get married and have babies. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'm gay.
  • when you go to a fast food place, you're about to order, then you see someone coughing/sneezing/wiping their hands on their jeans in the kitchen and you're like, "Uh, nevermind. I'll make something at home, actually..."
    when you text your friend to see if they want to hang out, then pass out 10 minutes later and wake up to a missed call and 3 unread text messages wondering whether you're still coming over
  • [when] you're at work, and you have to tell a customer that their zipper is down.
    when you write up a HILARIOUS reply, but then you read it again and think "that's really not funny," so you type a new one, but it isn't funny either, and eventually you just close the window instead of showing everyone how un-funny you are.
  • (your awkward moment here)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:20:21 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 02:14:42 pm »
Aaaaaand the second semi-official "Most Awkward :-[ Moment Ever" is...

"when you hear your parents doing the jiggy upstairs but don't want to tell them to be quiet."

*applause*

For anyone who's curious, the contestants were:
* when you hear your parents doing the jiggy upstairs but don't want to tell them to be quiet.
* when you hear loud squeaky and soft banging noises from the apartment above you...and your boyfriend asks if he should shout up to them.
* when you accidentally gleek all over your boyfriend.
* when I get hit on by more guys at Sakuracon than girls.
* when you're in your teacher's classroom while other students take a test and you plug your headphones in to watch some of Cracked's "Worst Child Movie Ripoffs" and you press play only to realize your plugged your headphones into the wrong area a
* when someone on your buss wants to know about the red wig.
* when you are playing magic the gathering and a little old lady sais that you are of the devil.
* when a little kid grabs a sword off your porch and takes it to school...and the cops want to know why it was there... (2nd)
* when you have to explain to your dad,who sees you as his precious baby girl,why you want to dress and look like a guy
* when you have to explain to a co-worker why there's a picture of you in a pink dress on your Facebook profile.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »
^ I figured that would win haha x_x I would leave the house if that happened to me.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:08 pm »
Same here, and me too - odds are 50-50 whether I'd ever come back. ;)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:20:03 am »
And the sixth semi-official Most Awkward Moment Ever was...

[when] my coworker who has decided I should have a baby talks to me about pregnancy stuff, and asks me questions like what I'm looking for in a "baby daddy."

The winner nailed both 1st and 2nd with only two entries, making it official - that's one seriously messed-up workplace. Let us know if you ever need witnesses, okay? ;)

* [when my coworkers corner me and ask] why I'm losing weight if I'm pregnant, and if I'm anorexic. (Both false.)  (2nd)
* [when] my coworker who has decided I should have a baby talks to me about pregnancy stuff, and asks me questions like what I'm looking for in a "baby daddy."
* when you feel uncomfortable personally asking your teacher to come over to your house to chill, and you spend lots of time just standing there next to them not really knowing what to say when you really just want to invite them over and can't get it out.
* when someone tells you they like you and you're like, "Oh. Um....that's.....cute?"
* when you have to ask for chopsticks at an Asian food restaurant...
* when someone who you've tried to leave in the past asks you for your new phone number so they can call you...
* when someone asks to see what you've been drawing/writing... before you've finished...
* when you come downstairs to see your mom playing your xbox and failing at it so all you can do is walk away to keep from exploding.
* when you accidentally call the teacher "Mom". (Woohoo! We've got Tsuyoshi-kun from Kodocha in the house! ^_^)
* when you show up 4 hours late to a 5-hour-long party
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:26:02 am by randompvg »

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:58:36 pm »
My workplace is definitely different.... lol. I could fill a book with awkward moments from this place..... XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 04:19:15 pm »
^ If you do, I'm pretty sure I'll be announcing a lot more workspace-related awkward moments. I thought my coworkers were interesting, but yours make them look as sane as Kasumi compared to the rest of the Ranma 1/2 cast.  ;)

~

Without further ado, the seventh semi-official Most Awkward Moment Ever was...

*drumroll*

when you're at a graduation party with the boy you went to prom with's family and they're convinced the two of you guys are going to get married and have babies. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'm gay.

(Ouch.)

* when you show up 3 hours late for a 2-hour-long meeting
when you show up for a class that happened yesterday
when you realize you're going to be homeless in less than a month.
when someone says something completely worrying and serious, and you want to post but don't really know what to say.
when your brother is texting you and through the powers of deduction, you realize he is inside your house.
[when] after having a bad day this happens: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150214427627978&id=697312977&notif_t=feed_comment
[^] when a Facebook link doesn't work? (2nd)
when you put a heap of hot steamy rice into your mouth, and your face blows up like a balloon until you cough and rice falls out your nose...
when you head butt and someone on accedent reaching for a box of mac and chess in the store and relized it was some kid you bullied in junior high ...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 04:09:00 am »
My life is so awkward haha.  Two of the winners so far are from me XD
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:35 pm »
You and Dubaby both; maybe you guys should get together and trade notes some time?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:22:03 pm by randompvg »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 06:18:29 pm »
Another tie for the ninth semi-official Most Awkward Moment Ever between...

*drumroll*

[when] you're at work, and you have to tell a customer that their zipper is down.
and

~

(Or the even more awkward moment when you have to tell a customer that their zipper is down and think up a HILARIOUS way to do it, but think about it and realize "that's not funny", so they walk out of the store before you get a chance to tell them that "the barn door's open and the cows are out".)

(Fair warning, I may start combining these more often if we keep getting ties. ;) Sunday, the winner might be "[when] your at your first con and you walk up to a lady that you thought you recognized that worked at the reg table the day before... and they try to bite you and you call them an obscene name.")

* when you are really mad at someone and want to yell at them and ask them why but theres to many people there to day it
* when someone you hated or don't don't even remember from elementary school say hi to you at the bus, and they most likely remember you because of your hair
* when someone is ripping off someone else's original character
* when I see my friend I've known for ever 10 years in burlesque for the first time....
* when you're in the middle of asking your mom if she checked the mail when you realize its sunday.
* when you're trying to explain something to a friend and they just aren't getting it.
* [when] you're at work, and you have to tell a customer that their zipper is down.
* when your talking to your dad and he jokingly says your abducted
* when your mouth is bleeding and your mom makes fun of you for making out with people :/
* when you write up a HILARIOUS reply, but then you read it again and think "that's really not funny," so you type a new one, but it isn't funny either, and eventually you just close the window instead of showing everyone how un-funny you are.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:15:03 pm by randompvg »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 08:15:47 pm »
The Most Awkward :-[ Moments Ever, Official Postscript
Okiedoke. Time to close the doors, turn out the lights, and go home. Thank you to everyone who participated, and to everyone who's still sharing their awkward moments in the original thread. (^_^)

As a last hurrah, we'll have a showdown between the twelve winners... the champion will take home a basket full of Internet cookies, a whole lotta sympathy hugs, and most importantly, the knowledge that they're bad-#$% enough to face down awkward moments that could make Oprah cringe.  ;)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »
oh but I just thought of one, taking your grandma to see the first "scary movie" movie in theater?

*note that at the time the only way said grandma got to go to the movies was like once a year, the ads made it look like a parody and grandma likes funny stuff, and it was before the reviews stated crude sexual humor*

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 09:30:50 pm »
Sorry that I gave the wrong impression... the other thread is (and I imagine will stay) alive and well. The poll is the only thing that'll be fading away.

^
(But wow, that one would definitely be one heck of a contender. Just imagining it makes me cringe for both of ya. ;))

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »
Yes, I was desperate to think of something to acknowledge the awkwardness and put it behind us at the same time
I did come up with something

"Its good we saw that first because mom was going to take Karl (my younger brother) to go see that, and now I need to tell her she shouldn't"

My grandma agreed.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids