Author Topic: In Page Chatroom?  (Read 3816 times)

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
In Page Chatroom?
« on: September 01, 2005, 10:15:33 am »
It would be nice if we had a kumoricon chat room option somewhere at this web site..

in the meantime i'll open up irc://irc.dejatoons.net/kumoricon in case people wanna sit in there and work eachother up into a precon frenzy.

less than 48 hours to go!

(#kumoricon from any other dejatoons.net room)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
In Page Chatroom?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 10:20:44 am »
Dx It can't be displayed, nyo!

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
In Page Chatroom?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 10:25:46 am »
the link can't be displayed?

If you have an irc program, like mIRC, installed - and click or paste that link in your browser, it should launch your irc program and connect directly into that room..

If you don't have any IRC programs installed, the link will just error out (most likely)..

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
In Page Chatroom?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 10:28:38 am »
Quote from: "master-shake"
the link can't be displayed?

If you have an irc program, like mIRC, installed - and click or paste that link in your browser, it should launch your irc program and connect directly into that room..

If you don't have any IRC programs installed, the link will just error out (most likely)..

TT__TT Well damnit.
-tackles you to the floor- >D ARE YOU EXCITED?! ANIME AND GAMING AND COSPLAY AND POCKY! -jumps around- X_X TWO DAYS.

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
In Page Chatroom?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 10:16:11 am »
BTW - I noticed a few people tried the IRC room i opened up - I launched it from work and then went home for the night and had lots to do in prep for the con..  That's why I didn't respond to the "hello?"s said in the room.. Maybe next year the Kumoricon homepage will either have its own chat room (its sooooooo simple to do this, but things have been hectic in ops this year) or someone will take it upon themselves to run their own chatroom for the con.. Assuming there's a demand for it, anyway.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
In Page Chatroom?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 01:35:18 am »
They could probably set up some sort of java based irc web client, for those who don't actually have IRC (I have mIRC and Sysreset).

Alot of sites have those, aswell as flash based irc chat.

Either can be built onto the site easily.