Author Topic: E3  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
E3
« on: June 07, 2011, 04:17:47 pm »
Who watched it? Who is going to watch the feeds on the internet soon?

What was your thoughts of the announced games?
What games were you sad you didn't see?

What did you think of the individual presentations?

Personal thoughts -
Microsoft had a terrible presentation. They had some nice games like Halo 4, the remastering of the original Halo, and Skyrim...but the Kinect segment was a bore. The people they brought in to play the games were terrible and it made everything seem so cheesy and completely unrealistic. I was more than unimpressed with them.

EA was interesting as far as I'm interested in sports. Nothing too much to really say about them.
HOWEVER, I was impressed with Insomniac's Overstrike which looked pretty darn awesome. Four player co-op with four different and amazing characters? Sweet. I was highly impressed and plan to get this game as soon as it comes out.

Ubisoft was a laugh. The guy was creepy and looked like he was going to go insane at any minute.
I wasn't too interested in any of their games and mostly ignored their segment.

Sony was okay. I enjoyed their presentation and everything about it but it but I didn't like too many of the games. They just didn't jump at me like Overstrike did. I'm sad that Square Enix didn't present during Sony's segment but I still got a lot of information from other sources who were at E3. The PSVita is meh...and I probably won't be getting it.

Nintendo had an amazing look to me. I love how they used the screens behind them and even on my LCD TV the things looked 3D to an extent. I was highly impressed with the technical aspect of their presentation. I didn't like the President of Nintendo of America. He seemed very...eh...let's just say he looked like he belonged in prison and I wouldn't want to be in a dark alley with him. Wii U is a nice advancement for the lowest of the three major names and I'm glad to see the company stepping up to try and rival the other two but I still don't think I'll be getting this. The two Wiis in my home don't get used as it is...we don't need a Wii U to add to the unused Nintendo consoles. I wish they had given a bit more information about the wi-fi distance of the controller for the Wii U and maybe some technology aspects of it but oh well.

As for my Square Enix fix...I found out what I wanted about FFXIII-2.
Lightning is thought to be dead (she's not) and no one knows where she is. Serah has become a teacher but bad things start happening and a guy named Noel saves her from being attacked. The two head off to find Lightning. So you start play as Noel and Serah (she uses a bow) and you end up on Cocoon which is being restored and worked on. Lots of monsters and battles...and searching. Alyssa (blond chick) is brought into the party and you continue your search.
You have a pet moogle that can be called out of battle to seach for items.
Lightning can still summon Odin.
Battle system has changed a bit where at certain times you have button prompts for successful completion of attacks and dodges.
At some points in game play you can choose what Noel says. Like at a certain point in the game when you find a certain item you can choose from options like - What does Mog think?, What does Alyssa think?, I live in the moment, and some other options.
The game has a darker and more mysterious outlook than the original.
NORA has it's appearance at some points (I know at the beginning). I haven't seen any other characters from the original, not even Snow...just the other NORA members.
Serah has a new outfit, too!

My speculation? I think Lightning might have been chosen by the Goddess as some type of Guardian or Protector...

Skyrim, like every other Elder Scrolls, looks pretty awesome. If you haven't played any ES games before...it's a free roam select your own destiny sort of game. Each game has it's main story but you can take as long as you want to finish it and do anything in between. Skyrim is located to the Northwest of Morrowind and North of Oblivion. If you can see it, you can travel to it. You can climb every mountain and cross every plain...you just can't leave Skyrim and go to Oblivion, Morrowind, or any other area. Every ES has some main aspect to the game. Oblivion had the Oblivion Gates and Skyrim seems to be all about the Dragons.
I won't spoil too much but if you want a game where you can make your own choices, Elder Scrolls would be your best friend. You can kill anyone, steal anything, and do anything (within reason...like you can't fly).
Above everything...make sure when you go to get on a horse it is actually your horse. I saw a horse I thought was mine cause it looked the same but I had gone out the wrong gate...turned out to be a Guard's horse and I got put in jail for a bit cause he caught me riding off on his horse. Oops.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
Re: E3
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:47 pm »
Microsoft's presentation sucked, plain and simple. What made me saddest was that they decided to continue Halo even though Bungie is gone, so I for one have no hope for it since they aren't there to work their magic.

Sony I enjoyed, but it definitely wasn't the highlight of the conference.

Nintendo was just plain amazing though. Especially the opening with the orchestra, that made my month right there.

Games that I'm most excited for(in no particular order): Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D, Rayman Origins, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
    • Liger Zero Lindsey's Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 09:15:22 am »
(Imma re-word this here)
I was a little angered about Sony, lots of things on thier vita or whatever is just like the 3DS. I am still angry about them copying the Wii with their stupid move. They deserved to get seriously hacked lol!
I did mean to say it was a lot like DS in general. And I did not mean that Sony copied just from the technology, but I think they should of taken it a step further by making it a bit more unique. The controller looked to similar and stuff like that, yes a business standpoint is why they did it, but still, think they still should of made their own unique stuff for it.

Microsoft's presentation indeed was awful. I turned it off honestly I was getting bored.

And Nintendo was down right amazing. The Wii U looks freakin awesome and I'm preordering it ASAP. I also loved the presentation about new games on 3DS. I have a 3DS but no games yet for it so I was excited to see those. Nintendo was just amazing, gotta love them. I am very excited for everything they announced. And I am not gonna hesitate when it comes to the Wii U. But me being a hardcore Yoshi lover, I wish they would make another Yoshi game! Lol!

That was all I watched though. I mostly tuned in for Nintendo.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:51:23 pm by LigerZeroLindsey »
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:18:33 pm »
Actually...hardly anything about the PSVita is like the 3DS. Vita is a revamped PSP with the added dual touch screen bonus. Plus, Vita has an available 3G network through AT&T. The Vita is a download only handheld which means no disk inserts like the PSP 1000-3000 or the 3DS (or any DS) which takes small cards. It is not a 3D system and it is completely different than the 3DS in a lot of aspects.

[Made smaller for replying with my opinions to Liger...they are a bit off topic so don't read them if you don't want to. Just tossing in my two cents. No harm meant. ^^]
As for 'copying' the Wii...
Wii was the last of the three big name groups to create a console. Yes, they were the first to introduce motion control but if you were Sony would you not pick up on that idea and try to integrate it into your own system for a wider range of consumers? It's marketing and it was a smart choice. As an owner of all three console systems and an owner of the Move...I will always pick up the Move controller before the Wii. The Wii does not have the variety of games that PS3 has and the games are much more my cup of tea. I'll give you your opinion but you shouldn't be angry over marketing because you would do the same thing. It's like when a friend passes a test in school that you failed because of how they studied. Would you not ask how they did it and maybe be interested in how they studied (if you cared about school that is...no assumptions)? Then if you liked how their study habits sounded, you would take it and morph it into your own way with your own tweaks so you would do better on the next test.

As for the hacking... Every system has been hacked, even Nintendo. Nintendo was hacked by some Lulz group or whatever the name was. They are a n00b hacking group that just started out to copy Anonymous and they started their reign by hacking into Nintendo and saying something along the lines of, "We hacked into Nintendo and we stole a file to prove we could do it. Fear us."
The hacking process didn't get past the names and address database for Sony and all credit card information was hidden by coding and only the last four digits (the only ones that can ever be seen) would have been compromised. The reason the PSN was offline was so they could make a new security system to further protect all of it's users and we have been compensated with a lot of free stuff included a $1 million identity theft protection plan for free for every member of PSN. And they were hacked because they are suing GeoHot, a hacker who was making illegal system changes and selling his findings.

3DS is finally getting some good titles, unlike the terrible ones from launch. My brother is getting the system for his 21st birthday today because the rest of the family and I all bought him the Move and accessories for it. I wish they had more variety on Nintendo systems. I was never a Mario fan and Zelda is okay. So far only three games have caught my interest on the 3DS...Zelda, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. All of which I can get, and already own, on other systems. They need to up their games before I spend all that money on a new system. Plus, with my bad eye sight...I can't use the 3D aspect at all.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:28:05 pm »
I do agree that the 3DS's launch games were just awful. It kinda seems like they released be 3DS before it was ready...you know what I mean? Like they say there is a lot more they are gonna do--then why not wait? A bunch of people I know did not buy them cause of awful title launches and not having any good games or software for it yet. Also the fact that the release dates for all the titles they did announce keep moving, I have Star Fox and Super Mario pre-ordered and they keep changing the dates. I know on a business perspective they wanted to release the 3DS but they really should of had a good launch title to go along with it. I got mine and have hardly used the 3D on it cause of no games yet! I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Did Microsoft announce a new counsel or anything? I turned he Microsoft presentation off, I was getting bored but did they announce anything new? All I have heard was more Halo.

(Also it's not that it's he same technology, it's the fact that I personally think they should of gone a step further to really make it more unique to them)

Sorry for any typos on my iPod and I hate autospell.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:29:20 pm by LigerZeroLindsey »
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:51:06 pm »
The Vita didn't copy the 3DS, it copied the original DS. Also I think the download only is a terrible way to go. They already tried that with the PSP-Go, and just look at how terrible that did. Also sorry to say Gryffinclaw Princess, but the Move doesn't do as well as the Wii or at least in my opinion. I haven't seen any Move game that is worth getting one except maybe Playstation Move Heroes, but thats just cause I love the Jak and Daxter games as well as Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper.

@LigerZeroLindsey: There was nothing really important, just a lot of Kinect stuff. Only things really worth noting are Gears of War 3 and that Mass Effect 3 will have Kinect voice controls that look really cool. Oh, and Skyrim, but since thats multiplatform I don't give credit to Microsoft for that.

Offline LigerZeroLindsey

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »
Ahh I see, I guess the Kinect is still pretty new no need for something else new. I personally do not own a Kinect, looks like fun tho.
2013 Costumes:
Liger Zero Panzer
Kuhori the Wolf
Tang the Fusky
Okami Amaterasu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:12 pm »
I think the system itself was ready to launch but the game developers weren't ready for it's launch.
But yet, Nintendo should have waited for better launch titled. On the other hand, it doesn't harm them to have bad launch titles and it only harms the game developers because if better games come out, people will buy a 3DS when they do. It's just that more would sell at a launch date than normal dates with bundles and deals and all that jazz that sometimes come on launch days.
Even if Zelda launched with 3DS I still wouldn't have gotten it because the other games don't interest me enough. Maybe when more titles become available that are interesting, I'll get one. I wish Nintendo presented more than the older titled games. I want to see some new stuff, new titles, and just...NEW! They need more variety.

Well for me the Wii doesn't have enough variety of games. It's not a console I play. My brother plays his because of Monster Hunter, Tales, and stuff like that. But I never got into those games. I hardly ever used my Gamecube that I still have. The most I ever used Wii was for Wii Fit and Wii Sports. But I don't like the sports that they have. And Wii Fit got old because it never gave enough variety for me.
With the Move there's Sports Champions which has things I love like Archery and Swordplay. It's compatible for a lot of my normal games but they don't require it. With the Wii I don't have a choice for the controller I use. With the PS3 I do. I have a lot of compatible games and I have the choice to use the motion controller or my Dualshock. Sure, they have some games that are one or the other but now most games that come out gives me the choice and I like that freedom. I have it cause my bf got it with a Socom 4 bundle. I wouldn't have gotten it for myself because I'm not a big motion control person but having used it the little bit I have, I just enjoy it more than I ever did the Wii.

Yeah... Just a lot of new releases for Microsoft. But a lot of their stuff was multi-platform and very little was select to just Microsoft outside of Kinect.
My mom wants to get a Kinect for my 360 for the Biggest Loser Workout game.

Offline Venusgate

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 02:35:16 am »
Just thought I'd share this if you haven't already watched it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgH9ndx70s&feature=player_embedded
...NEVER KNOWS BEST

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 04:17:04 am »
I was more enchanted by the Ubisoft announcements because I am a huge assassin's creed buff and what they brought to the table with that made me a very happy person.

I was very sad with sony, if anything i think I could have slept through it without even caring. The vita Is meh and is to exspensive for my taste, even if it can play uncharted still not my cup of tea for that much.

Microsoft well lets just say i don't care much for them right now they have yet to bring out anything that makes me squirm happily, the may be bringing out a halo but I am not excited for it.

nintendo I like their concept I just hope it's not to exspensive not to mention I am rather excited about skyward sword is turning out.

All in all some ups and downs, but I am looking forward to ubisoft a bit more right now then anything else.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 03:17:16 pm »
NOTHING ABOUT DRAGON QUEST X. Dayum...

It's hard to say who won...Microsoft is out of the picture. It's basically SONY vs. NINTENDO for me. Nintendo revealed a New Console. Sony revealed a new handheld, and in my opinion, I think I would spend more time with it than a 3DS. Plus it has a good price. The Wii-U looks pretty cool but Im happy with what I have now.

I think Sony won for me a little bit more just because I like the PSVITA.

But anyways, we all won E3.