Author Topic: 1. Inner Universe - Ghost in the Shell Karaoke 2. Off-vocals?  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
I was curious if anyone wanted to perform as a trio for this song in the group category. I really love it and want to sing it but it contains three continuously overlapping parts. I've tried finding a version that is considered karaoke (thinking I might sing one melody while the other two melodies are still in background like some instrumentals do) but no luck so far. Pretty sure the best I could find would be an off-vocal; which brings me to my second question:

Are off-vocals considered okay? In most of them you can still hear the vocal in the background though it's too quiet to overpower the singer and is difficult to notice but there is manipulation involved to create the effect. Is this considered 'editing' or 'altering' the song so that it is ineligible to use per the rules of the contest or is this considered a vocal dampener (which I recall was allowed)? The reason I ask is because for the Idol category I have a song that has different composition for the t.v. version than the original (like most anime openings) and I would prefer to use the t.v. version for the audition than to just use the beginning of the long version because the t.v. version is better. Of course there are no instrumentals or karaoke versions available that follow the t.v. version so the only option is to create an off-vocal.

Inner Universe is an incredibly beautiful and cool song and I think the difficulty level will make it really exciting to perform ;D Though it will involve some foreign language besides Japanese (Russian, and Latin I believe). I haven't put much thought to what kind of performance could go along with it that would be competitive in the hybrid category, I just want to sing it XD The song could even possibly work as a duo if divvied up correctly, not sure. I don't want to miss any of the song but at the same time I would want everyone to have equal parts.
Why yes. I did draw that myself. How could you tell? I'm sorry too.

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
Re: 1. Inner Universe - Ghost in the Shell Karaoke 2. Off-vocals?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 11:15:32 pm »
Sorry but I really need a reply for the off-vocal question or I won't be able to submit an application for the contest. If someone could answer my question, that would be really helpful

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:40:16 pm »
Um, well, the reason for needing the Karaoke version of songs when doing Karaoke Idol is so the judges can hear your voice .... so if you can lower the voices and make a karaoke track of your own it should be okay, but please don't take my word for it. I think Haru would probably be better at answering this question. xD;

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:18:32 am »
Well I e-mailed him a copy of the question but still have received no reply :/

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:37:55 am »
i would love to join you :3 i was going to get my own group "haruhi suzumiya" themed since i'm performing with her RPG version. i wouldn't mind joinining you. or you could join ours? i haven't turned in the application cuz i'm not sure if my other team mate is up for it. but i know i am. i would love to join you. the problem is, where would we meet up to practice?

edit: also would you be interested in doing a duet with me for this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiVRSHZ4OGc&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:49:16 am by luvan1me »

Offline Saiyusa

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 01:20:59 pm »
I would be interested in doing a duet with you but I noticed that Sora doesn't have two parts o.o It would sound more dynamic if there were two harmonies instead of two voices singing the same melody. So if it doesn't have two parts we could work to figure out how we could make the song sound better if you really wanted to do that one.
Just let me know your regular schedule so we can work it with mine :3 I work so I know my schedule for the next three weeks but its inconsistent. Do you live in Portland? We could meet in Pioneer Square or something like that. I live in the Beaverton area. Just let me know what works for you and I will let you know what works for me XD

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 07:03:49 pm »
i live in beaverton too :) so that makes it easier. but i'm moving somewhere else in beaverton atm (cuz the house we're renting is getting sold. i'll pm you for the rest of the info. and i do agree with the song. i was thinking maybe a different song, not sure what you will be cosplaying as for the karaoke maybe we can pick one song each from our series? that'd be kind of cute :)