Author Topic: anyone else going crazy with anticipation?  (Read 25861 times)

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
anyone else going crazy with anticipation?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 12:05:51 am »
Can't sleep... leaving tomorrow morning *rolls around*...

gaaaaah
Sweet Times

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 01:43:23 am »
@Firkasa: Yup! An Ed with brown hair, but I tried to dye my hair. Didn't work ^^;

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2005, 09:23:06 am »
>_< OMG. 1 day left...
We still don't know what time we're leaving Corvallis... >___> -mad cursing bad words ect- Aislyns idiot parents think we should be there at 9:30! Dx Gaaahhh.

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2005, 10:58:07 am »
This being Labor Day Weekend, you guys will want to leave very early because i bet the roads will be packed with cars/vacationers..

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2005, 12:08:43 pm »
Quote from: "master-shake"
This being Labor Day Weekend, you guys will want to leave very early because i bet the roads will be packed with cars/vacationers..

Yeah, I've told them anything I can to get them all to leave earlier, but no. Dx "You'll get there when you get there!". >_< I'm gonna end up killing someone. I know it.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2005, 12:47:46 pm »
X_O I forgot about labor day traffic....

Sumomo I feel for you, I also am a ringleader...though I'm only in charge of three people... but I'm also borrowing a car and having a paranoid mother drive us...
(she thinks all my friends are just waiting for a chance to run out in the street and get hit by a car so they can sue us X_x)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2005, 12:51:27 pm »
Quote from: "Misuteru"
X_O I forgot about labor day traffic....

Sumomo I feel for you, I also am a ringleader...though I'm only in charge of three people... but I'm also borrowing a car and having a paranoid mother drive us...
(she thinks all my friends are just waiting for a chance to run out in the street and get hit by a car so they can sue us X_x)

Dx Oh crap. I'm the 'ringleader' of the group of my friends too. -huggles- Want some hot chocolate? xDD At least I'm not guradian. That's Tom (Le Fanboy). :3 HAHAHA. I laugh.
D: People are riding up there riht now and I'm just sitting on my ass trying not to have a panic attack.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2005, 01:02:18 pm »
RINGLEADERS UNITE! =3

We're riding the max. Hopefully things go smoothly and no more middle aged men stare down my friend's dress (again.) If they do I'll make her wear my Ed coat and clap my hands at them, and maybe draw an angry looking circle on the ground. Then hopefully if no alchemic reaction takes place they'll still be confused/scared enough to back off. If that doesn't make them go away, I don't know what will >_<

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2005, 01:05:47 pm »
Quote from: "sumomo_san"
RINGLEADERS UNITE! =3

We're riding the max. Hopefully things go smoothly and no more middle aged men stare down my friend's dress (again.) If they do I'll make her wear my Ed coat and clap my hands at them, and maybe draw an angry looking circle on the ground. Then hopefully if no alchemic reaction takes place they'll still be confused/scared enough to back off. If that doesn't make them go away, I don't know what will >_<

That was brilliant. I would just have been "Stop lookin' at her, asshole!" and punched him in the face. >_< I know I'm going to do that atleast once during the convention... eep.

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
    • http://tundraflame.blogspot.com
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2005, 01:13:34 pm »
Cool sumomo! I'm going to be black hair Ed on Sun. XD Perhaps we'll see each other at photoshoot thing. ^^

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2005, 01:45:34 pm »
@Neko_Chan:
Ooh or I could slap them with my dueling glove. Last year I was Yoh Asakura and she was Anna and I was trying to summon Amidamaru but nothing happened. The guy was leaning over her shoulder and looking down. Bad thing is he was wearing sunglasses so we couldn't be sure if he was just reading her book... Or something else. But he didn't look like he'd be interested in reading 'Tokyo Mew Mew' to me  :?

@Firkasa:
Possibly, but I absolutely HATE having my picture taken. I'd allow it if someone asked but not excessively unless you catch me in a good mood. Wrong hair color Ed's UNITE! And wrong hair colored Ed ringleaders DOUBLE UNITE!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2005, 01:53:37 pm »
@Neko_Chan:
Ooh or I could slap them with my dueling glove. Last year I was Yoh Asakura and she was Anna and I was trying to summon Amidamaru but nothing happened. The guy was leaning over her shoulder and looking down. Bad thing is he was wearing sunglasses so we couldn't be sure if he was just reading her book... Or something else. But he didn't look like he'd be interested in reading 'Tokyo Mew Mew' to me  :?

@Firkasa:
Possibly, but I absolutely HATE having my picture taken. I'd allow it if someone asked but not excessively unless you catch me in a good mood. Wrong hair color Ed's UNITE! And wrong hair colored Ed ringleaders DOUBLE UNITE!

x_x Ew.... I dunno what scares me more. Old guys looking down young girls shirts... or reading bubbly shoujo manga... -ponders-

Aw. Dx I really wana take everyone's picture though... -clnigs- Please?

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2005, 02:01:24 pm »
@Neko_Chan:
Yeah. I think you've got a point there. Maybe he was alternating between reading about Ichigo and Kish's latest antics and... Er... The looking >_O

Ehh... If you must... but you are NOT allowed to sue me if I make your camera break, or you yourself blind. Hokay?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2005, 02:07:06 pm »
@Neko_Chan:
Yeah. I think you've got a point there. Maybe he was alternating between reading about Ichigo and Kish's latest antics and... Er... The looking >_O

Ehh... If you must... but you are NOT allowed to sue me if I make your camera break, or you yourself blind. Hokay?

x_x The Manga in my opinion is acctualy okay to read... But... The anime... ohmygosh. I haven't seen the subbed version, but the dub is like 'hosht' horrible.

<3 Don't worry, I don't think you'll break it... >_< I take pictures of myself on it so I really don't think anyone will be able to break it... Unless it Michael Jackson.

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2005, 02:20:34 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
I haven't seen the subbed version, but the dub is like 'hosht' horrible.

The dub is TOTAL garbage. another fine example of american tv networks destroying anime series, context by context, line by line.. The voice actors/actresses sound bored or stupid and the story is obviously mangled and rearanged "for our betterment" (as usual).

With the sound off it looks interesting, and, I mean its hard to go wrong with Catgirls, ;) - but ak..

Of course compared to what else is on at that time in the morning, its not Too bad..

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 02:26:48 pm »
Quote from: "master-shake"
I haven't seen the subbed version, but the dub is like 'hosht' horrible.

The dub is TOTAL garbage. another fine example of american tv networks destroying anime series, context by context, line by line.. The voice actors/actresses sound bored or stupid and the story is obviously mangled and rearanged "for our betterment" (as usual).

With the sound off it looks interesting, and, I mean its hard to go wrong with Catgirls, ;) - but ak..

Of course compared to what else is on at that time in the morning, its not Too bad..

>_> The thing that pisses me off the most is how A) They change the names of all the characters and B)How they have the ending Credits on -uber-fast forward so that the little kids can't see who makes te anime and they also take up 3/4th of the screen for advertisements for 'One Peice'.

I hate the One Peice opening song. With a passion. I do not need a summary of the anime I'm watching everytime the intro plays, thank you ery much.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 02:32:13 pm »
Ha ha ha ha... I am such an idiot. It took me until recently to figure out what they meant when they said 'An L-A-D-Y Nami's not shy'. I thought they were saying L.A. D.Y. Or something... Los Angelous Department of Yodeling? I had NO IDEA they were spelling out lady until I watched it with closed captioning on O_O Yes the begining is annoying. And the 'Mew Mew Power' one isn't so great either. 'If we band together like birds of a feather we'll be friends forever going up, up up!' Wow they had a big budget when they dubbed all the 4kids one, and made up theme songs, huh?

And the breaking the camera thing... Is that a challenge? :O

Oh! One kiddish-type anime they didn't completely ruin is Zatch Bell. They censored it a bit but that was needed, obviously. It's actually a pretty good show.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2005, 02:36:51 pm »
Ha ha ha ha... I am such an idiot. It took me until recently to figure out what they meant when they said 'An L-A-D-Y Nami's not shy'. I thought they were saying L.A. D.Y. Or something... Los Angelous Department of Yodeling? I had NO IDEA they were spelling out lady until I watched it with closed captioning on O_O Yes the begining is annoying. And the 'Mew Mew Power' one isn't so great either. 'If we band together like birds of a feather we'll be friends forever going up, up up!' Wow they had a big budget when they dubbed all the 4kids one, and made up theme songs, huh?

And the breaking the camera thing... Is that a challenge? :O

Oh! One kiddish-type anime they didn't completely ruin is Zatch Bell. They censored it a bit but that was needed, obviously. It's actually a pretty good show.

I don't think we'll ever see 4Kids at a convention beacuse the rabid otaku will probably kill all of them. >_> Or like, glare at them from 5 feet away and yell curse words.

Possibly. But it is an expensive camera, so if you don't break it after the second time, just give up. ;D

HAHAHA. They had to draw undies on Zatch beacuse he wasn't wearing any. xD

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2005, 02:39:37 pm »
But I NEVER give up! DX

Ha ha yup. That's probably for the best though. Ah! I though of something! I have a bunch of empty pocky boxes in my room, I want to make a Volacan 300! Or 500! I forget because I'm too excited! XD

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2005, 03:16:32 pm »
But I NEVER give up! DX

Ha ha yup. That's probably for the best though. Ah! I though of something! I have a bunch of empty pocky boxes in my room, I want to make a Volacan 300! Or 500! I forget because I'm too excited! XD

xD Okay then. -huggles- I'll have to take atleast 2 picture then!

:3 I have empty pocky boxes too... But they're in my secret stash of pocky boxes. I'm trying to collect as many diffrent flavours as possible.

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2005, 03:39:21 pm »
Tis okay sumomo. I have friends who dislike getting their photos taken. As for the hair, I joke that I'm Ed from episode 40-ish where he goes in disguise by 'dyeing' his hair black. XD I just say that I forgot to turn it back to my natural color. *Snickers*

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2005, 04:42:04 pm »
@Firkasa:
Aww dang I wish I had an excuse like that D:

@Neko_Chan:
I only have chocolate ones since thats all they sell around here. It's a miracle Safeway has any in the first place and I rarely get to go to Uwajimaya D: So I've only ever had chocolate and strawberry ONCE. *plays a sad song on her blue violin* . . . (and by sad song I mean twinkle twinkle little star since thats all I know)

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2005, 05:48:14 pm »
Yah, my friend and I joke about that from time to time. XD

Pocky! I had a lot of different pocky... just tried chocolate banana pocky last weekend. Not bad. ^^

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2005, 05:52:13 pm »
T_T Not fair. I've been content with just chocolate... until now. I want something different, something new, something... exciting.
(oh em gee... it kind of sounds like I'm breaking up, huh?)
I'm sorry chocolate pocky. It's just not working between us D:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2005, 06:01:30 pm »
T_T Not fair. I've been content with just chocolate... until now. I want something different, something new, something... exciting.
(oh em gee... it kind of sounds like I'm breaking up, huh?)
I'm sorry chocolate pocky. It's just not working between us D:

Haha. I've had Chocolate Strawbarry Decorer, Chocolate Banana, Lemon Cheese Cake, Chocolate Green Tea, Strawberry (bits), Mens Pocky,, Regular Chocolate Pocky and if any more than I forgot.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2005, 06:18:24 pm »
Mens pocky! I've always wanted to try that. How is it different, besides the box? Does it come with some free cologne or something? >_<

The Vulcan is finished! I kinda messed up when I was drawing on it IN SHARPIE. So I might make a new one. Plus my brother wants one to play with. He's 5 and blonde and desperatley wanted to come to Kumoricon as Zatch but there was NO WAY I was bringing him. Not til he's like 10 or somehting.

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2005, 06:24:21 pm »
Men's pocky. *Snickers* I have fond memories of discussing men's pocky with my friends.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2005, 06:26:24 pm »
Mens pocky! I've always wanted to try that. How is it different, besides the box? Does it come with some free cologne or something? >_<

The Vulcan is finished! I kinda messed up when I was drawing on it IN SHARPIE. So I might make a new one. Plus my brother wants one to play with. He's 5 and blonde and desperatley wanted to come to Kumoricon as Zatch but there was NO WAY I was bringing him. Not til he's like 10 or somehting.

It's just Dark Chocolate pocky. :3 Tom teased me and my friend with it at one meeting...

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2005, 06:26:30 pm »
Ha ha, I can imagine. Now if only I had some friends to discuss such things with... xD

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2005, 06:27:42 pm »

It's just Dark Chocolate pocky. :3 Tom teased me and my friend with it at one meeting...

Ha ha okay, good because I was going to say... Uhh wait nevermind I'm supposed to keep it PG right? XP

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2005, 06:28:55 pm »

Ha ha okay, good because I was going to say... Uhh wait nevermind I'm supposed to keep it PG right? XP

:3 -nods- Yesh... Pg-13... Heheh. >D
GUESS WHAT? >D KUMORICON. TOMARROW.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2005, 06:31:37 pm »

ZOMG NO WAY.  :shock:
I'm all itchy. Is it from excitement or this bug bite, I don't know.  :?

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2005, 06:35:18 pm »

ZOMG NO WAY.  :shock:
I'm all itchy. Is it from excitement or this bug bite, I don't know.  :?

xD Yeah!
o_o; I'm all jumpy and excited and stuff... I'm also getting angry at people easily beacuse of nerves... x-x

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2005, 06:42:48 pm »
*Waves around large Mogeta plushie* ^^

Mogeta!!!

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2005, 08:26:02 pm »
I'm nervous that I'll like leave my wallet at home and not find out until I'm all the way at Kumoricon or something stupid like that.

MOGETA! 'I liked the part where Mogeta was standing behind the true emperor's feet'

Offline Firkasa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2005, 09:03:37 pm »
XD I'm going to have to make signs for him and Mokona.

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2005, 09:29:27 pm »
Mokona too? Lucky. I have Momiji, We have 3 M plushies lol. I also just made a Vulcan 300 =B