Author Topic: Pirates of the Spanish Main  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Pirates of the Spanish Main
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:59:20 am »
Has anybody else gotten addicted to this clever little model ship/card game?

I have. :) I'm going to bring my ships to the convention, just for the halibut. Sure, it's not anime-related, but I figure some people might share the hobby.

For the uninitiated, this is a "card game" that doesn't play like one. It's more like a model ship battle with rules. The cards are made out of hard plastic, and you punch out pieces from them and assemble them into ships etc. Then you put together a fleet and crew, place islands, and fight to gather the most treasure. Arrrr.

If anybody else brings their collection to the con, wanna get together to trade or play? Preferably when nothing major is going on, or even at the hotel the Friday before the con begins, as I don't want to miss much of the actual "anime" events for a peripheral hobby.

If you don't have a collection with you at the con, I have just enough ships for a shared game: two players, 3 ships apiece.

Beware my mighty El Acorazado... ;)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 06:25:32 am »
A friend and I tried to get into it when it first came out. But the game/cards/"ships" were in such demand at the time that they were hard to come by in the usual specialty retail outlets.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:44:25 pm »
Quote from: "Densha_Rockstar"
A friend and I tried to get into it when it first came out. But the game/cards/"ships" were in such demand at the time that they were hard to come by in the usual specialty retail outlets.

Oh? I had no trouble finding packs... but then, Emerald City Comics in Eugene is quite an oasis for hobbies and especially anime. I got a pack there for $3.60. eBay is also a great place to buy cards.

Hmm, is this Freon or a friend of?...
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 06:53:50 pm »
If by Freon you mean The Mad Navigator, Sailor of the Twin Steel, and Ex-Legionnaire of the Hound of Grey, then maybe...  8)