Author Topic: Cosplay commission trouble  (Read 1455 times)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
Cosplay commission trouble
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:46 am »
Hey guys. Just checking in. How is everything coming along for everyone?

I myself am having issues. I was having another member of this forum commission my cosplay for me, and for the first few weeks it was going great. Got weekly progress photos and updates and all was looking good. However about a month and a half ago, she just stopped contacting me. I've annoyed the hell out of her since then, trying to contact her in any way possible. Either there is MAJOR technical issues ruining our communication, or she decided part way into it that she wants to rip me off.

Due to the fact that I have seen progress photos and updates for other cosplays on her facebook account, I do not think she is ripping me, but the fact that I cannot get her to reply to me annoys me so much. Plus, she told me it would be finished in time for Sakuracon.
Nope.

I dont know what to do or think right now with this....

One thought was to avoid the technical aspects of life and send her an actually letter via post office. Hmmm....lol

What do you guys think I should do?
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplay plans:

Kantai Collection Kongou Crossplay (Maybe)

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »
Yeah, she initially contacted me on this site so I have the beginning information saved in my PM inbox.

I'll do what I can for now and hopefully some possitive news will come out of this.

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 11:36:02 pm »
So we are planning a seperate pokemon photo shoot like last year again?

Assuming i get my cosplay, (coughcough) I would love to be apart of it.

EDIT: Oh, if any of you are curious about who I am having my commission through, here is her site link;
http://sutiescosplay.webs.com/
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:44:11 pm by shadoworganoid »

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:26:36 pm »
From the pictures I have seen of my cosplay's progress, she seems pretty good. But, like you said, they are just pictures.
And at the moment, it does not matter how good she is if I never get it...
I dont understand whats going on right now....

Offline shadoworganoid

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 10:40:13 pm »
I talked to my mom about it yesterday, and well, she thinks I might be on the recieving end of a scam with my cosplay commission.
The first month or so, I was getting weekly updates and photos of the progress, but then about mid March, I could not contact here for a long time. She finally replied with a "mass" email saying to redirect emails to another address, (which she gave) due to technical difficutlies. Ok fine. I have been sending her emails like crazy since then. As of today, still no reply or updates from her.

If this is a scam, its certainly elaborate. Because that would mean she forged the testimonies on her website as well as teh stuff going on on her facebook page.

I just cant belive that she would go through the effort of making half of my cosplay just to then rip me off later on. Its silly.

I just dont know what to do. I mean, I know what she looks like and I know her full name. I have a bit more info then I should if scamming was the goal right?
I am tempted to send her a letter threatening her with legal action if she does not produce or even reply to me soon.

But, I dunno yet....

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Re: Cosplay commission trouble
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 01:16:44 pm »
(For the record: This is actually a split from another thread, and it did get several replies - but each of them also had content pertinent to the original thread, so they're still in the original thread.)

This thread is locked because although it's a legitimate concern and a legitimate request for advice, letting it go any farther would get too far into "off-forum dispute" territory (which is strongly discouraged by the forum code of conduct). Please contact the original poster for further advice, or a moderator if there's something you think should be added to the thread.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:55:33 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.