Author Topic: The Best Anime I Ever Bought.....  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
The Best Anime I Ever Bought.....
« on: May 22, 2011, 04:18:59 pm »
I'm not talking the one you bought that you like the best, but rather the best deal you ever got buying an anime, even though/if you didn't know what it was about.
Example? I was at K-Mart the other day, perusing the workout videos, and mixed in was a 2-disc anime dvd pack. Its called "Cyborg 009", and when i went to price check it, it was only 3.99!! So of course I picked it up, even though I've never heard of it. It's actually pretty good, made in 1979 (according to ANN). Though it's not the best thing I've ever seen, it makes the top of the best thing I've ever bought list!

So what about you?
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
Re: The Best Anime I Ever Bought.....
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:25:46 pm »
Cyborg 009 is amazing! I wish I had found that deal. D: I miss that show...

I made a deal on these forums actually... Complete Saiyuki DVD set for only $100 when it normally doesn't go for under at least $150. :) All unopened and two of the seasons are the boxsets.

There's also a thing I didn't buy...
A friend moved away recently and the DVDs he didn't want he let me go through and I got Final Fantasy (like the original final fantasy) boxset on DVD for free. ^^

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:27:42 pm »
I bought a Hamtaro VHS tape once that had the first 4 or so episodes on it for a buck .w.; It was pretty good deal i must say. I thought the anime was cute.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »
I buy anime at Big Lots all the time. They are usually Funimation and are $3 a disk which has about 7 eps. I have gotten whole series for 12 dollars.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:41:45 am »
I buy anime at Big Lots all the time. They are usually Funimation and are $3 a disk which has about 7 eps. I have gotten whole series for 12 dollars.
Why do I never find anime there. ;A;

The best anime that I own is Escaflowne and Summer Wars. But the best deal I've gotten is at this dollar book store I shop at. They have movies there. I've found 5 different volumes of Yugioh for a dollar each. So I now own about a 1/4 of the series or so with that.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:41:53 am by tofutakeout »
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:52:53 am »
I just got "Armitage III: Poly-Matrix" from RightStuf for about $3, and "Origin: Spirits of the Past" for $5. I'd say both prices rank among some of my best finds just based on how much I love both films.

(And now I have three Armitage films, Poly-Matrix, the Armitage OVA, and Dual-Matrix....too much?)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:04:17 pm »
My wife bought me Record of Lodoss War in LaCrosse, Wi. when we were on our trip there, for something like $20, all four discs. Or was it $5? It was a birthday present, I don't think she told me the exact number. And to think I thought it was only a movie.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 06:56:06 am »
I got Slayers: Season One from $25.  It was on sale at f.y.e.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:55:28 pm »
All of GaoGaiGar and all of Big O seasons 1 and 2 for 50 bucks each.

They're also the only anime I don't regret buying.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 09:22:02 pm »
Wow, everyone has found such good deals!! I'm loving cyborg 009, its really cute (and kinda old-school).
Some of these animes i've never heard of, but some i have and am totally jealous!
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline XxBelovedxSoubixX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 12:35:53 pm »
I got the Burst Angel complete box set brand new from Fris for $30. It was awesome. 7 discs for $30 bucks.

I also got the 3 Tsubasa DVD's for $3 each at big lots.

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 08:54:54 pm »
I made a deal on these forums actually... Complete Saiyuki DVD set for only $100 when it normally doesn't go for under at least $150. :) All unopened and two of the seasons are the boxsets.
LUCKY!!!!!