Author Topic: Summer Fun in Banks  (Read 1641 times)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:41:55 pm »
So, this is just a general post I am making about events to be planned on location at my home. There is other residents of the property as well, and this is something we have all talked about. Now it's time to get word out about the events. The first one is not known on it's scheduling - but we are looking to hold fun events all summer long. Now understand that these will be potlucks - as we do not have the kind of funding that would be required for catering of the events. Also - we will have live music at these events, providing our own equipment. BUT we are NOT against other bands performing as well - or other performers playing their music. You'll need to work out your own equipment angle.

A few details about the situation -

Where: Banks Oregon, just past Hillsboro.
The property is rather large, but you need to respect it. Please make sure when the events happen that you pick up your trash. There will be designated smoking areas, as well as trash bags set up for the situations that will be happening. Now for the things we will be doing - we will be holding one day events, or two day events. All depending on the situation. The household is open to Conventions running events at the residence - as a means of raising funds. But request that any events a convention runs - be free for the residents of the property.

Now as for the normal events at the house, yes we will be running overnight camping events on the property. Please do understand that this means we will have to have an age limit - unless parents are present. No one under the age of 17(No matter if you are a friend of ours or not) will be allowed to attend the overnight events. There will also be rather strict rules about the two day events - that will need to be followed. We WILL be doing ID checks, so we KNOW how old you are. Because this is a matter of our private residence - and the people we are bringing on to it.

On to other details, we have plenty of woods and a creek that runs through the property. All of it is gorgeous - and all of it is perfect for Cosplay photoshoots. We please ask that once again you respect the property and the residents. If we ask you to please not do something - please listen. This will pend any other events happening at the residence, and the property. So please understand this and please respect that we are opening our home in such a way.

I made this thread so people can talk, and discuss if they have an interest in attending such events. Once they begin scheduling, and the process to figure out when they will happen - we will let you know in this thread. I'd prefer if this thread was not removed even after an event has happened, as we will update it with further events tied to this residence.

So fellow cosplayers - who wants to spend some summer fun in Banks?

P.S. yes we are working on carpooling options, as well as options to make transportation for those without vehicles - more easily accessed.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Re: Summer Fun in Banks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 06:50:56 pm »
This sounds like a horrible idea XP

Jk, I love you!
<3

Of course I would love to join in on the fun ^^
And I would need transportation help...
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 07:22:33 pm »
Shush you - don't be such a horrible person. XP

Love you too Riku. Eventually - Eventually I'll have that Mei cosplay done.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)