Author Topic: A Few Long Winded Suggestions  (Read 2921 times)

A Few Long Winded Suggestions
« on: August 30, 2005, 05:39:35 pm »
Just a quick suggestion, but it might be a good idea in the future to advertise on the website just what Kumoricon is... Nowhere does it state what Kumoricon is or what it's for...

Second suggestion is to actually post the schedule on the website prior to the convention. I know that it was mentioned in the forums... but hey, most of us don't read forums and I just happened to stumble upon it...

Overall, it seems that communication to the public of this event is 'at best' poor and definitely needs help.

I would definitely recommend getting a good volunteer coordinator that can take the time to contact people that show interest in helping Kumoricon and getting them together with staff. I know that I signed up last year to volunteer with Kumoricon but I was never contacted, not even once. I have sent multiple emails with no replies back and there aren't any phone numbers to try to call.

Normally I wouldn't offer such blunt comments, but I really do believe that it takes hard work to be a staff member for a convention like this and feedback like this is necessary to help improve things. I know this from personal experience because I've been attending conventions for the last 10 years and have volunteered at over a dozen conventions.

Kumoricon has a long way to go to get from a "party-con" to a "useful-con".

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
A Few Long Winded Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 06:38:27 pm »
"Useful-con"
What the hell? Ever thought that we're quite enjoying our convention the way it is?

OK Mr. Anonymous. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have fun with your dozen more conventions.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Re: A Few Long Winded Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 07:18:01 pm »
Your suggestions are duly noted, and indeed welcomed, otherwise this forum would not exist.

Now, here's a suggestion for you:  Your comment of

Quote from: "Guest"
Kumoricon has a long way to go to get from a "party-con" to a "useful-con".

is, in a word, inappropriate.  To elaborate very briefly, it is also extremely stuck-up.  Any ideas you had in this post/thread lost all credibility when you made this comment, and if you want your words to carry any weight, I'd suggest you watch your tone.

I don't know where or how your definitions of "party-con" and "useful-con" come from, but the entire premise of the convention is that it is put together "by anime fans, for anime fans."  And in the first two years of our con's existence, that has been wildly successful, and as a result, we continue to grow at an accelerated rate.  The entire staff is very proud of that fact, and you are very ill-informed and arrogant if you don't think that much if not all the staff are absolutely doing the best they can to make everything work for all involved - I might add that not one minute of that time is paid work for ANY staff member.  Every second spent scrambling, organizing, discussing, responding, building, etc. is a labor of love to our fandom and to those who would share it with us.  To even imply by your post that the staff is not putting out "hard work" is ignorant, and that's being nice about it.

If you don't like the way we do things, that's fine.  Heck, even suggestions are welcome.  But your arrogant flaming is NOT welcome.

Consider this thread locked.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=