Author Topic: Photo ID?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline fluffpuffgerbil

• Sailor Scout
Photo ID?
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:53:00 pm »
Hi ;)! This will be my very first con ;D, so I have no clue how anything works.
I'm 14 and homeschooled, so I don't have a school student ID and I don't have a drivers permit/license.
So what should I do? :-[
No plans for 2013 due to always changing plans. ><

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
Re: Photo ID?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:58:01 pm »
Hi there~!

If you have a passport I think that should work too (but if you bring it, oh GOD do NOT lose it).
Or if you'll be 15 by the time the con starts, you can go to the DMV and apply for an Oregon ID card. But there's a fee (idk how much, I'll have to check..) and you have to apply for it 1 month in advance of when you need it.

Those are the only 2 things I can think of right now, but if i think of anything else I'll be sure to add more information to this post :)
I hope I helped!!
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Origin

• Oni
Adult Photo ID
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:58:31 pm »
Just curious, since when I attended Sakuracon, I got HECK for not having this.

What exact kind of photo ID is required for an adult attendee? I'm in my final year of homeschooling, and the only ID I currently have is my school issued ID. Due to where I live, I haven't actually gotten a permit (let alone a license... >.>) yet, so I don't have a "government issued ID". Sakuracon actually required me to bring a copy of my birth certificate, so whats the policy for Kumoricon? I'll be attending with my older brother and he actually has government ID, but being 18+ I don't know if that matters. So I'd like to know what kind of ID I need, since it's not stated and I don't want to arrive at Kumoricon with what ID I have and have to pay money to get a copy of my birth certificate faxed to me, or whatever else I might have to do. I'd rather know now XD

Thank you!!

Offline fluffpuffgerbil

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 08:56:32 am »
I'm not going to be 15 by the con. :( I have no passport, no student id, no permit, no license, ect...
...So what should I do?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 09:08:40 am »
This is the e-mail for kumoricon registration, you should send them an e-mail explaining the situation and asking what you need to bring.

registration@kumoricon.org

kewl?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline fluffpuffgerbil

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 01:07:18 pm »
Alright thanks! I'll do that!

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »
Hi all!

If you want a Youth badge or under, you will need any sort of photo ID.  If you have a photo of yourself with your name on it, that will be acceptable.  Things like school ID's, or something else as long as it has your name and photo are acceptable.

However, if you want an Adult badge (which means you are 18 years of age or over), you will need to be able to provide some valid form of state ID.  It cannot be expired, and must have your date of birth on it.

Look forwards to seeing you all at-con!

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:39:24 pm »
I'm way too easy to confuse, so I'm not sure if I understood correctly... for a Youth badge, could someone literally bring in a picture of themselves and write their name on it, or do you mean "any sort of ID that has your photo and a name on it"?  :-\

If someone has no form of photo ID whatsoever, can they bring their parent or legal guardian (who has valid state ID for themselves) to vouch for them?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 08:58:38 pm »
Sorry!  I'll clarify: yes, it can be any form of id, as long as it has a name and picture on it.  Something like a picture with a name written on it obviously isn't going to fly.

Their parent or legal guardian can also vouch for them, yes, but we would still like them to have something proving their identity.  If they're not able to, the guardian or parent will need to provide proof of their identity.  For example, if Scotty's parent Mary is there, and Scotty doesn't have a photo ID of some type, Mary will have to provide ID to prove who she is while vouching for him.

Sorry again about before, does that make more sense?

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »
It does; I'm just too much of a literalist. Thank you for the clarifications. ^_^
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 12:51:02 am »
It can't be expired?  What if it's presented with a second form of Valid Non-Photo Identification?  In Oregon, your ID expires on your 18th birthday and 21st birthday; I'm pretty sure this is even if you get it a month before then.  I replaced my ID in November and it expires on my 21st next January. :/
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 08:27:16 am »
Tofu,

I got my ID when I was 19 and it was good for 8 years so yours expiring on your 21st is kind of random.
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Origin

• Oni
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 11:20:27 am »
That's fantastical, but I will be out of state most of summer, so I don't anticipate getting a drivers license or such, so what should we bring to verify our age, WITHOUT state ID if I'm over 18. Would a copy of our birth certificate suffice? Or do we just have to attend as minors?

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 09:30:25 am »
You do not have to be permit/driving age in order to get a state ID. It costs, but you can go down to DMV (and maybe some other official place) and get just a State Issued ID. I had one when I was three because I went out of state with my aunt.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 03:49:28 am »
Tofu,

I got my ID when I was 19 and it was good for 8 years so yours expiring on your 21st is kind of random.
I think they might have changed it; I replaced my ID in March of last year and it expired 01/24/2018.  Lost my wallet and got a new ID in the fall and it expires in less than a year :/
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>