Author Topic: 2011 Registration FAQ/Guide/Answer Topic  (Read 53899 times)

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Re: 2011 Registration FAQ/Guide/Answer Topic
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:19 pm »
Will there be badge pick-ups on Day 0? And if so, when will the time be released for that?

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »
Will there be badge pick-ups on Day 0? And if so, when will the time be released for that?

Will will be opening Pre Reg and Will Call check in on Friday (Day 0) but as of right now we have not decided on a time for that yet but we most likely announce it at least a week to a few days before con (it's up to my manager I believe).

Sorry I couldn't give you full answer yet but expect us to post it here on the Registration thread soon!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 11:49:49 am »
Thank you very much! No worries about a full answer, just needed to know if it was still going to happen! I'll keep an eye out for the announcement. ;)

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »
ok so i may be over worrying about this, i tend to do so espeacially even now with con so close.
i orderd my badge on the 31 of july -w-" last day wasnt a good idea, but my friend had told me that i shouldnt worry it would come realy soon , but it hasnt yet and im being told by others its like a two month prosses?
im checking my mailbox everyday for this badge and it hasnt come yet. im i worrying to much? or has the last batch been sent out yet or what, im a little parinoid i wont have my badge for con this year.
thank you
It all started with the knee.

mascot art belongs to Elaine Huang and Jacqueline Taylor

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2011, 12:21:53 am »
Nando-KIT: It's okay, you don't have to worry - they do these in batches, so there's no strict correlation between when the registration is submitted and how soon it arrives. Plus, even if they can't get it out to you in time to make sure it arrives before con, they'll hold it for you.

~~~

To the reg guys, a couple of questions: Is school ID acceptable for under-18 badges? And do you know yet if you'll be holding badges that came in after XYZ date?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 12:39:16 am »
i just get a bit worried over these things. Thank you! Also you have a question similar to another i have. For the school id. Im still in high school and also 18. Can i still use it?

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »
i just get a bit worried over these things. Thank you! Also you have a question similar to another i have. For the school id. Im still in high school and also 18. Can i still use it?
We Accept any type of valid state or federal Photo ID (School ID is fine if 17 and under) so if the passport has a photo with name and date of birth then it's fine.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:54:15 pm by RPGgamer4life »

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »
gotta take a trip to DMV then thanks

Offline General Celes

• Cabbit
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »
alrighty i have sent off an email to registration because we also ordered our badges in april. all info was correct. Lane got his badge and sasha may have, isnt sure because an issue with their box at the post office... and Me and my fiance have yet to recieve ours! they were all ordered the same way and paid for on the same credit card. with only 19 days left are we going to get our badges?
Kumoricon 2011
Shiva - FFX 95%

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 12:04:06 am »
alrighty i have sent off an email to registration because we also ordered our badges in april. all info was correct. Lane got his badge and sasha may have, isnt sure because an issue with their box at the post office... and Me and my fiance have yet to recieve ours! they were all ordered the same way and paid for on the same credit card. with only 19 days left are we going to get our badges?

Got your email and someone will most likely reply to you tomorrow (or tonight!). But I am going to warn you that it may be held in will call because we are getting closer to con.

Since you paid for it I can assure you that you will get your badges but it might not be mailed like you wanted it (But there still a chance!).

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Offline General Celes

• Cabbit
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2011, 12:28:39 am »
could you or someone explain what will call means?
Kumoricon 2011
Shiva - FFX 95%

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2011, 01:02:14 am »
could you or someone explain what will call means?

Will call, in the scope of Kumoricon (some other conventions use it differently) is where you select to have your badge held at the convention for your pick up, after you've paid already.

This way you can benefit from the Pre-Reg prices, while not having to worry about losing your badge.
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline HalcyonFour

• Cabbit
    • Ulquihime Fanfic!
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2011, 01:10:30 am »
Hello, I have a few questions about coming to the convention. I received my badge already. However, I ordered my brother's badge after the 14th so it's being held in Will Call. My first question is: does it matter where we check in if this is the case? My second question is: Does it matter which hotel we go to to check in? My third question is: If we check in on Saturday, will we have to wait in long lines again on Sunday and Monday to get into the hotels again? Fourthly, when I ordered the badge, I listed my physical (Oregon) address as being the same as my mailing address (because they are the same); however, I still have a California ID, which lists a different address. Should I anticipate any check in problems?

Sorry to bombard with questions!
"You may live bowing on your knees, but die standing on your feet."

-Tite Kubo

Offline Eeveeification

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 11:17:29 am »
My boyfriend's badge arrived Red, can we get a replacement still sent to us? If its held at the convention, can we at least skip the lines? We ordered it early specifically to avoid the 3+ hour lines we all sat through last year. Also, my only ID is a school ID from 8th grade, my other two have met unfortunate ends, so will I meet any problems checking in as it is 3 years old? What else can I use to prove I am myself if it will be a problem?
Drifloon - 90%, just missing balloon buddy
Cubone - Not even started, but things fall together.
Cat Girl #1987604134 - Always finished, always ready if everything else fails.

Drifloon is most likely days 1 & 2, with Cubone being day 3/backup.

Offline General Celes

• Cabbit
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:49 pm »
Thanks for the help! will we be able to pick up our badges on friday the 2nd?
Kumoricon 2011
Shiva - FFX 95%

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2011, 11:12:43 am »
However, I ordered my brother's badge after the 14th so it's being held in Will Call. My first question is: does it matter where we check in if this is the case? My second question is: Does it matter which hotel we go to to check in? My third question is: If we check in on Saturday, will we have to wait in long lines again on Sunday and Monday to get into the hotels again? Fourthly, when I ordered the badge, I listed my physical (Oregon) address as being the same as my mailing address (because they are the same); however, I still have a California ID, which lists a different address. Should I anticipate any check in problems?

Excellent questions!

1.  I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Registration will be in the parking garage for the Hilton.  You will both need to get in line in the pre-registration section, but he'll have to go to will-call to pick it up.  You'll be able to go to any Pre-Reg person and check in.  Does that answer your question?

2. I think I answered this in the above question, correct?  We're going to be in the parking garage of the Hilton.

3.  Once you are checked in, you are checked in with registration, and will not have to wait in our line again.  Once you have your badge all checked out, you're free to enjoy the con! :)

4.  As long as it is a current, valid photo ID of you with your picture on it, you'll be fine.

My boyfriend's badge arrived Red, can we get a replacement still sent to us? If its held at the convention, can we at least skip the lines?

I'm afraid we're not able to send out badge any longer, but would you be able to e-mail us at registration@kumoricon.org with the attendee name and birthdate of the badge you're asking about, so we can see what we can do?

I -will- answer your other question once I've verified a few things, but not just yet.  Sorry!

will we be able to pick up our badges on friday the 2nd?

You will indeed!  We don't have the times for when we'll be open on Friday confirmed yet, but we should have that done by the end of the week.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2011, 10:57:02 pm »
Question: Can people who have pre-registered and already have their badge be able to check in with the con on Day 0 so we can avoid the hellish lines on the morning Day 1?

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2011, 11:25:03 pm »
Also, my only ID is a school ID from 8th grade, my other two have met unfortunate ends, so will I meet any problems checking in as it is 3 years old? What else can I use to prove I am myself if it will be a problem?

From what I know of cons, though I am not reg staff, you need to have a current ID with a photo to prove who you are so it can't be old or outdated.
If you are 16 and up and wish to get into age specific panels (16+, 18+, or 21+), you will need to have ID with a birthday stated on it.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline HalcyonFour

• Cabbit
    • Ulquihime Fanfic!
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 12:09:55 am »
However, I ordered my brother's badge after the 14th so it's being held in Will Call. My first question is: does it matter where we check in if this is the case? My second question is: Does it matter which hotel we go to to check in? My third question is: If we check in on Saturday, will we have to wait in long lines again on Sunday and Monday to get into the hotels again? Fourthly, when I ordered the badge, I listed my physical (Oregon) address as being the same as my mailing address (because they are the same); however, I still have a California ID, which lists a different address. Should I anticipate any check in problems?

Excellent questions!

1.  I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Registration will be in the parking garage for the Hilton.  You will both need to get in line in the pre-registration section, but he'll have to go to will-call to pick it up.  You'll be able to go to any Pre-Reg person and check in.  Does that answer your question?

2. I think I answered this in the above question, correct?  We're going to be in the parking garage of the Hilton.

3.  Once you are checked in, you are checked in with registration, and will not have to wait in our line again.  Once you have your badge all checked out, you're free to enjoy the con! :)

4.  As long as it is a current, valid photo ID of you with your picture on it, you'll be fine.

My boyfriend's badge arrived Red, can we get a replacement still sent to us? If its held at the convention, can we at least skip the lines?

I'm afraid we're not able to send out badge any longer, but would you be able to e-mail us at registration@kumoricon.org with the attendee name and birthdate of the badge you're asking about, so we can see what we can do?

I -will- answer your other question once I've verified a few things, but not just yet.  Sorry!

will we be able to pick up our badges on friday the 2nd?

You will indeed!  We don't have the times for when we'll be open on Friday confirmed yet, but we should have that done by the end of the week.

Thank you sooooo much for your help!!! Yes, you answered my questions perfectly!
"You may live bowing on your knees, but die standing on your feet."

-Tite Kubo

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 03:56:38 am »
To clarify on ID for check-in...

If you are over the age of 18 (adult badge) you need to have ID that has your birthdate on it.

If you are under 18, and getting a youth badge, then you need to have ID with just a photo on it.

ID's that are valid for 18+ Generally include:

College IDs with a birthdate
Military ID
Driver's License/State Issued
Passport
Federal Library Card (yes these have both your Photo, and your Birthdate)

We can also look at a birth certificate and a school/work ID provide that it has a photo... however this doesn't always work, in the case of a name mis-match.

Hope this helps ^.^
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:23 am »
Question: Can people who have pre-registered and already have their badge be able to check in with the con on Day 0 so we can avoid the hellish lines on the morning Day 1?

Yes, we will be open on Day 0.  We don't have the times posted yet, but will soon.

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 12:09:41 pm »
To clarify on ID for check-in...

If you are over the age of 18 (adult badge) you need to have ID that has your birthdate on it.

If you are under 18, and getting a youth badge, then you need to have ID with just a photo on it.

ID's that are valid for 18+ Generally include:

College IDs with a birthdate
Military ID
Driver's License/State Issued
Passport
Federal Library Card (yes these have both your Photo, and your Birthdate)

We can also look at a birth certificate and a school/work ID provide that it has a photo... however this doesn't always work, in the case of a name mis-match.

Hope this helps ^.^
.....i can just bring my Birth certificate and my school ID?

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Badge problem
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 12:36:12 pm »
Hey guys, Im not sure where this should go and the registration@kumoricon.org hasnt responded to my emails so Im placing it here!

With kumoricon fast approaching I have yet to receive my badge. The others I registered with received theirs some time ago.
My TRANSACTION NUMBER: 4560811

Is there any other information you need?

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
Re: Badge problem
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 12:49:18 pm »
I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM. Dx

My transaction number is 4559315 but the other person I ordered a badge for in the same transaction already got hers! :T

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2011, 01:10:49 pm »
If you emailed us within the last few days, all I ask is to be patient and someone (Brian) should get back to you soon.

If you emailed us over a week ago then please send us another one because we have been flooded with emails asking questions about con that the important ones like this get lost in it.

Just a heads up though, your badge will be held at will call and not sent to you because we are getting so close to con that we don't want it to get lost in the mail or forward back to us (this one happened a few times this year).

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2011, 01:23:52 pm »
 sent my intitial email on the 1st of august. But I'm glad it will be held at the will call. At least I know it will be there.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:25 pm »
If you emailed us within the last few days, all I ask is to be patient and someone (Brian) should get back to you soon.

If you emailed us over a week ago then please send us another one because we have been flooded with emails asking questions about con that the important ones like this get lost in it.

Just a heads up though, your badge will be held at will call and not sent to you because we are getting so close to con that we don't want it to get lost in the mail or forward back to us (this one happened a few times this year).

Yeah, I sent my email a couple weeks ago. Bresslol told me to wait until the last mailing date and see if it came but I see no badge. :O
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:16:56 pm by Vampire-Kameko »

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2011, 01:53:17 am »

Yes, we will be open on Day 0.  We don't have the times posted yet, but will soon.

okay, thank you! ^^

Offline GothicCandy

• Oni
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:47 am »
Since I got no responce to my email I'm gonna ask here.

My boyfriend ordered his Kumoricon badge on April 7, and it never came. After reading the FAQ I believe he should have gotten it by now. What should we do?

Also, hypathetically speaking, lets say I lost my badge. Is there anyway I can get a new one, or is that it?

Thanks.

Offline opalhawk

• Cabbit
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2011, 12:31:10 pm »
My boyfriend ordered his Kumoricon badge on April 7, and it never came. After reading the FAQ I believe he should have gotten it by now. What should we do?

Also, hypathetically speaking, lets say I lost my badge. Is there anyway I can get a new one, or is that it?

Hi there,

I'm sorry if I didn't get to your e-mail.  At this point, we're being flooded with over thirty e-mails a day, and sometimes some of them manage to slip through the cracks.  Would you be able to send another one to us, with the attendee name and badge name of the badge you're looking into, so we can see what I can do there?  If you don't get a response in a few days, please bug me again.

We can print another one out for you, and leave it at will-call.  Please be aware if you lose your badge at-con there will be a reprint fee.  If you e-mail us again, include the specifics of your badge, as well, and we can make that happen.

Offline GothicCandy

• Oni
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »
Alright I sent it! Thanks for your help :)!

Offline Medicninja

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2011, 10:03:57 am »
I have a question, so i had the wrong badge color, they said that they would send me another one in the beggining of july, i still haven't gotten it...whats going on?
Kumoricon 2011:
Day 0: Super secret cosplay
1: Germania (aph)
2:Xerxes Break (pandora hearts)
3: Germania (aph)
~undertaker (black butler) and sweden (aph) for panels only

Offline UtadaFan20

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »
Does anyone know what's going on with the V.I.P Badges? Last I heard they were having a hard time printing them and still haven't sent any out. Are we going to have to wait until Con day to get them, or are they still going to try to send them out?
Kumoricon 2012??????

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2011, 09:40:13 pm »
I was wondering what the badge colors represent and also when the event list will be posted
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2011, 09:46:36 pm »
Badge color represents the age of the attendee.

Red: <12 years old
Yellow: 13-17 years old (I believe)
Blue: 18+ years old

And the schedule should most likely be coming out this coming week, I would assume.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline jam112383

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2011, 09:53:52 pm »
thank you :)
Day Zero - Gothic Lolita
Day One - Maka (Soul Eater) With Scythe and soul eater group
Day Two - Konan with Naruto group
Day Three - To be decided
Day four - Slants groupie

Order of costumes subject to change.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2011, 10:26:44 pm »
You're very welcome. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2011, 12:12:05 am »
I got my badge in the mail and I have a few questions o3o
1.) Check in for prereg is on Day 0 (Friday), correct?
2.) What time does check in start?
3.) Where is it at? (Hotel, room, line location, etc.)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2011, 12:19:39 am »
1)  Pre-registration check-in/badge pickup will be open Friday (Day 0).
2)  Time will be announced soon.
3)  Registration will in the garage of the Hilton.

I understand that everyone is getting very excited, but we will post the information as soon as we have it confirmed.. you don't want us posting stuff and changing it every day, do you? ;)

Thanks for your patience :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2011, 12:59:03 am »
Thanks for your reply Jamiche! n.n I understand, unfortunately, I'm only ever on this time of year so I can't remember where things are posted and stuff like that~ xD; Will the time be announced on the main kumoricon page?

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2011, 03:48:39 pm »

Yeah, I sent my email a couple weeks ago. Bresslol told me to wait until the last mailing date and see if it came but I see no badge. :O

Would you mind emailing us again with your First and last Name and also your Date of Birth because I would like to get this problem fixed as soon as possible. When you do, expect a reply from Brian soon after with what information we may need to fix this.

This shouldn't have taken as long as it has and I apologize for this.

I have a question, so i had the wrong badge color, they said that they would send me another one in the beggining of july, i still haven't gotten it...whats going on?

Same as above, just send us a email to registration@kumoricon.org with your First and Last name with your date of birth and we should be able to fix that.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2011, 12:42:40 am »
I dunno if anyone else asked this, but for day 0, is that just for people who already bought their badge, or will there be a place there that day for some people to buy a 3 day badge?

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2011, 12:53:07 am »
Yes, Day 0 aka friday is for those who have preordered. And I believe will call?

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2011, 12:54:37 am »
Thank you ^-^

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2011, 11:37:27 am »
just give it a few days. and they'll have info the will call soon. they're having their last general meeting before the con this Saturday.

Offline GothicCandy

• Oni
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2011, 12:03:47 pm »

Hi there,

I'm sorry if I didn't get to your e-mail.  At this point, we're being flooded with over thirty e-mails a day, and sometimes some of them manage to slip through the cracks.  Would you be able to send another one to us, with the attendee name and badge name of the badge you're looking into, so we can see what I can do there?  If you don't get a response in a few days, please bug me again.

We can print another one out for you, and leave it at will-call.  Please be aware if you lose your badge at-con there will be a reprint fee.  If you e-mail us again, include the specifics of your badge, as well, and we can make that happen.

Okay its been a couple days and I still haven't heard anything. I don't mean to be pushy and I understand that you're busy, but Kumoricon is next week and I'd like to have everything sorted out by at least this friday.

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2011, 12:51:14 pm »

Hi there,

Okay its been a couple days and I still haven't heard anything. I don't mean to be pushy and I understand that you're busy, but Kumoricon is next week and I'd like to have everything sorted out by at least this friday.

Brian and I were looking for this email the other day in our reg email and I thought he replied to you but after looking through my email it seems he goofed and replied it to Reg and himself but not to you so I'm going to go ahead and forward it to you in a minute.

Sorry about that!

Offline Nando-KiT

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »
o so i asked a question on here and nobody answered it. can we use our birth certificite and our school photo id. i know someone said on here it was a possibilty but nobody got back to me?

Offline Randonarnold

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2011, 05:05:42 pm »
o so i asked a question on here and nobody answered it. can we use our birth certificite and our school photo id. i know someone said on here it was a possibilty but nobody got back to me?
I'd just email them at registration@kumoricon.org. Hope they can help you. :)

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2011, 06:12:59 pm »

I missed a question?!? I feel bad now...  :'(

Yes it works because the ID is a verification of who you are and the birth certificate is proof of your age.