Author Topic: Evangelion 2.22  (Read 2536 times)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
Evangelion 2.22
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:00:25 am »
Anyone have thoughts on the new character or the other changes?

~~~

Also, anyone have thoughts on why Anno chose to use several of the BGM tunes from Kare Kano (His & Her Circumstances) in the lighter scenes? To me it's strange that he would do this, unless it's to obliquely infer that both are series that were never finished properly but still can be.

(Background info*: Anno was in charge of Kare Kano until the manga-ka got upset because she thought he was focusing too much on the comedy and not enough on the romance. She pulled the license, and he walked. If you've ever wondered why the Kare Kano anime took a nosedive in the last 1/3 of the series, now you know.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: Evangelion 2.22
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 09:03:08 pm »
So there is actually new stuff out, and not just digitally re-mastered old stuff? Huh. I just thought it was re-packaging, again.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6171

This might help.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline CheshireStray

• Sailor Scout
Re: Evangelion 2.22
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:49:04 am »

Now if only Anno would get off his troll horse and at least give us some info on 3.33. Seriously, the tetrology was supposed to be done by now.

EDIT - Holy ****. I think this thread is magic. Check the cover for today/yesterday's Newtype.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:08:12 am by CheshireStray »