Author Topic: PSN & Qriocity Outage Update  (Read 93405 times)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
Re: PSN & Qriocity Outage Update
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:40:04 pm »
I'm glad that they finally posted something about the outage. Sure took long enough.
It worries me that my personal information has been compromised... It kind of angers me that a hack like this could have even happened to begin with. I understand that if someone wants to do something bad enough that they will always find a way to do it, but still...

I'll never understand how people can feel that it's their right and obligation to steal the personal information of someone and even endanger their physical, psychological or financial safety. You must be some cruel (and lazy) person to think that it's "okay" to do that. They wouldn't like it if it happened to them.

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »
Personally I'm glad that even if I'm part of the 77 million, which I probably am, the account I've used to buy stuff on PSN is closed.

I'll never understand how people can feel that it's their right and obligation to steal the personal information of someone and even endanger their physical, psychological or financial safety. You must be some cruel (and lazy) person to think that it's "okay" to do that. They wouldn't like it if it happened to them.
The answer is money dear boy. The same reason why most crimes are committed.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »
Just PlayStation trying to get users on their side.  When they make arbitrary statements like "PSN user information possibly compromised" what they really are trying to say is, "hey!  Look guys, these hackers are bad you gotta believe us!"  The hackers don't care about anyone's personal information; they care about showing Sony and the public all the flaws in their system's security.  Sony's not make a big deal over the money lost because they're honestly not going to lose a lot of money; people pirate games because they aren't able to rationalize paying for them (I go in depth about this in the topic "Economics of Gaming" from about a year ago), so Sony's income via the PS3 is unlikely to change significantly.  If anything, demand for PS3's will increase now that they can actually do stuff (PSP's are popular for their high utility when hacked.  I use a hacked PSP and pay for all my games; the hacking improves load times, data integrity, and opens up the possibility to utilize thousands of legitimate homebrew applications that make the PSP a far more valuable device than it's designed to be).  The reason Sony's making a big deal is because they're being made fools of for everyone to see.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 12:56:40 pm »
Just PlayStation trying to get users on their side.  When they make arbitrary statements like "PSN user information possibly compromised" what they really are trying to say is, "hey!  Look guys, these hackers are bad you gotta believe us!"  The hackers don't care about anyone's personal information; they care about showing Sony and the public all the flaws in their system's security.  Sony's not make a big deal over the money lost because they're honestly not going to lose a lot of money; people pirate games because they aren't able to rationalize paying for them (I go in depth about this in the topic "Economics of Gaming" from about a year ago), so Sony's income via the PS3 is unlikely to change significantly.  If anything, demand for PS3's will increase now that they can actually do stuff (PSP's are popular for their high utility when hacked.  I use a hacked PSP and pay for all my games; the hacking improves load times, data integrity, and opens up the possibility to utilize thousands of legitimate homebrew applications that make the PSP a far more valuable device than it's designed to be).  The reason Sony's making a big deal is because they're being made fools of for everyone to see.

Yea I agree with you I Have a hack psp and I but all the games It just fits much better having all the games in 1 memory card than switching umd's. Not to mention I can put all my ps1 games on the psp without having to re-buy it on psn to put it on my psp. Also custom boots, theme, sounds, and other ill stuff. It makes it more fun to do stuff on psp that doesnt involve playing it.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:38:08 pm »
Hackers may not 'care' about our personal information but they did it to piss us off. So in a way, they do care. If it wouldn't get them the reactions they wanted, they wouldn't do it.
With Sony telling us, it's letting us know that we have to be careful and watch our stuff.
You don't really know if they are going to attack a credit card just to piss people off more or what.
Hackers are hackers. These people are B*****ds who don't give a s**t about how we feel. They just want to make themselves feel like they are actually doing something to better their own lives by fing with ours.

However, I don't see this as that huge of a deal. Sure, I can't play online but oh well... I don't play online games except WKC. It doesn't stop me from playing my games but oh my god! I can't update trophies. Oh noes!
If people stop freaking out about it, the hackers will get pissed we aren't complaining and sooner or later after some ups and downs and more hacking they will get fed up with our lack of reactions and eventually they will give up. Yeah, they'll come back but if you ignore it...it will go away once again.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:56:23 pm »
I dont really play online much so it dont bother me much also I never leave my credit card info on psn I would always delete the information after purchase or just buy cards. Sony will just learn from there experience because if they dont fix it sadly to say but i will move to xbox (am not a big fan but I do like playing call of duty)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:07:47 pm »
I like the xbox controllers better than the ps ones but they don't make all the games I like on xbox. Most games I play as ps3 exclusives and I like the trophy system better than the achievements.
Also...paying for online? No thanks. On PS3 I can watch netflixs for free even with PSN down. On xbox I have to pay for it. It's not worth the money and never will be for me. :/
I own one but yeah...it was a graduation gift from my mother and it's the FFXIII exclusive version.
I have two games on it and that's it. I might get more but I don't really need it now that I have my PS3.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 03:11:46 pm »
Yea paying to play online sucks but am pretty sure psn wont be on for a long time. The seem to be taking too long.....

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »
They are working on a new security system before opening PSN back up.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:25 pm »
I hope so cause I wanna kill some ppl on mw2 and black ops real soon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 03:42:57 pm »
You can still do LAN and you can do story mode...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »
but i love killing ppl online its fun and its funny when some message me and tell me I suck when i just killed them.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »
Set up a LAN party with friends?

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 03:59:18 pm »
I wish but I only have 1 friend who lives near around 7 miles by all my other friend live far away over 100 miles(cause of college) so ill have to wait for psn to hurry up.

Offline Doctor Whooves

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:23 pm »
I for one just got my first of possibly many spam text messages today. Bloody hackers and spammers, I hope nothing but horrible horrible things happen to the people responsible for stealing our information.
"Trust me, I'm the Doctor."

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »
From what it seems they only went after things like address and e-mail instead of credit cards, or at least thats what they're using anyway. Chase and Bank of America have been on the lookout and haven't spotted anything from any of their customers' accounts yet, so if they are gonna use that info they're being slow about it.

@TheDevilsNightmare: If you do like COD I would definitely stay on the PS3. There have been numerous tales of people getting their Xbox live accounts hacked through COD. Its happened to two friends of mine and they can say first hand that it sucks, especially since Microsoft has so far done absolutely nothing about it.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 07:40:16 pm »

@TheDevilsNightmare: If you do like COD I would definitely stay on the PS3. There have been numerous tales of people getting their Xbox live accounts hacked through COD. Its happened to two friends of mine and they can say first hand that it sucks, especially since Microsoft has so far done absolutely nothing about it.
Yea thats what i might do cause i dont really wanna pay to play

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:02:26 pm »
Your phone number isn't attached to your PSN account so I'm pretty sure that's not the cause of the spam...

Offline Doctor Whooves

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:48 pm »
I'm fairly certain they asked me for my phone number when I registered. I've also been warned several times now (by different sources) that my email, password, & phone number were compromised when PSN was hacked.

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 09:53:22 pm »
Its been a while since I made my PSN, but I believe phone number is an optional thing you can add.

Also I can honestly say that the major reason I'm mad over this is that now I won't get my free copy of Mass Effect 2 from Bioware's game deal, unless Sony can magically fix the PSN by Saturday :(

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 09:03:07 am »
Another update for you PS3 users...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/27/qa-1-for-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services

I can live without online for a little bit since I am playing Portal 2's single player right now. But I would like to see it up & running really soon so I can keep working on my WKC character. I had just finished getting all but the feet on a new set of armor & I want to complete the set. Not to mention, I want to upgrade the ones that I do have.

Offline Doctor Whooves

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
Yeah I can live without PSN for a little while longer. I discovered Minecraft while PSN down, so I have a whole new addiction to feed. ^_^; (Sorry Demon Souls, you were fun when I had other people to play with.)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 11:41:01 am »
WKC is my online addiction currently...need PSN back up soon!!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 07:25:00 pm »
Newest Update briefing!!

Executives say Online Gaming will be back up this week!
The store will still be down and you will be unable to purchase games but they will have that back up during this month as well.

The are deciding on a way to pay us back for our time and here is the idea they were talking about-
Certain free downloads
30 day free Plus membership for people who were a part of PSN BEFORE this attack. (this includes people who are already on Plus)
30 day free music program

When PSN does come back up, you will be REQUIRED to change your password BUT this can ONLY be done on the system that the account was ORIGINALLY created on. Otherwise, you have to do an e-mail confirmation on the change. (Aka - If you had to get a new hard drive or your old system crashed and you got a new one, you will have to confirm through your e-mail that you are actually you.)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:08 am »
Newest Update briefing!!

Executives say Online Gaming will be back up this week!
The store will still be down and you will be unable to purchase games but they will have that back up during this month as well.

The are deciding on a way to pay us back for our time and here is the idea they were talking about-
Certain free downloads
30 day free Plus membership for people who were a part of PSN BEFORE this attack. (this includes people who are already on Plus)
30 day free music program

When PSN does come back up, you will be REQUIRED to change your password BUT this can ONLY be done on the system that the account was ORIGINALLY created on. Otherwise, you have to do an e-mail confirmation on the change. (Aka - If you had to get a new hard drive or your old system crashed and you got a new one, you will have to confirm through your e-mail that you are actually you.)
You can also do the password change on the playstation website. There is a place there to log into PSN...it's usually laggy & slow as hell but it works lol.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 08:19:11 am »
-_-, So I would either have to do it on the website or the PSP because I made my account on that first...

Hur...Yeah, also, there giving free PS plus for a month officially confirmed. Im not sure about anything else though. I heard they might give us a free map pack or something for CoD.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 09:07:24 am »
Newest update from sony...sadly, still no confirmed PSN date...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/04/sonys-response-to-the-u-s-house-of-representatives

They are giving one month free for Plus services but haven't announced what downloadable content is going to be offered for free. It will be something different for each region according to Sony. There hasn't been anything said about map packs or anything like that...that is just someones speculation/wishful thinking lol. We will have to just wait for them to announce it to know for sure.

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:16 am »
Plus for a month seems like a good deal but since the content you download durring it will expire when the service does it's not the best if you're just doing it for the month.

That being said I already have plus so this is just giving me another month before I have to renew next year.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 06:34:35 am »
Not all of the content expires though. Things like avatars, wallpapers & add-ons will stay with you. But ya, your better off being a full time plus member anyway.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »
Some of my friends update that have PSN
One of them have been going out lately and going out and spending more time with his girl
One of them finally gets his homework done
One of them finally cleaned his room since forever
One of them actually started reading a book.
One of them just play facebook apps.....

Its funny because we were talking about it last week what was everyone doing since the psn was down

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 08:53:54 pm »
My updates since PSN has been down...?
I've been playing video games...

PSN being down doesn't inhibit me from playing games. And I just got another platinum not too long ago.
The only thing PSN hurts is online gaming and trophy updates for friends to see.

As a true gamer, this isn't going to stop me from my hobby.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »
^ Same here, in fact, I recently just got a ps2 so I'm hitting up DRAGON QUEST VIII and FFXII.

Also, all me friends and I have been gathering in groups playing Mario Kart DS. I never play online on PSN anyway. The only thing I do on CoD is be creative and grief here and there.

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 09:59:33 pm »
Thats cool. I dont play video games as much as I use too. I only play online at times when I just want to shoot ppl on COD games.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 06:28:29 am »
Only thing that I am missing from PSN right now is WKC. I was right smack in the middle of that games online portion & making new friends in the Geonet community when it went down. Oh & 2 trophies for Portal 2...other than that, I agree with Gryff lol...hasn't stopped my G/F or myself from gaming. It's what we love to do.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 11:08:32 am »
Most recent update from Sony over the weekend...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/06/service-restoration-update

Sadly, there is still no solid date from Sony as to when services will be restored. There are news reports flooding the net this morning stating that we may not see PSN until the end of this month. Though this is all speculation & Sony itself hasn't said anything one way or the other...at this point it seems entirely possible.  :'(

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 10:14:32 am »
Behold...my previous post is starting to sound even more possible...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/10/psn-restoration-timeline-update

Why doesn't that surprise me...

Offline Doctor Whooves

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 03:23:39 pm »
I just read TODAY that they were shooting for a full release by the end of the month...

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 12:17:33 am »
WTH I am sick of them pulling me around with this. I might just go over to my xbox for a while a boycott sony

China bound!!!

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 12:29:07 pm »
At least I will have LA Noire by next weekend to play...until I completely obliterate it...

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 01:41:44 pm »
At least I will have LA Noire by next weekend to play...until I completely obliterate it...
I'm pretty sure that'll take a good long while.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 10:48:34 am »
It really depends on how much I like a game. If it's great, it shouldn't take me more than a few days...if it's just meh, it will take longer.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 11:08:56 am »
You dont know how he is with games do you???
he will have it destroyed in a few days easy

China bound!!!

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 11:16:01 am »
Meh, I've just been watching Netflix.
PSN really isn't effecting me all that much.
The only thing I'm upset about is not being able to finish Portal 2 co-op.
I've been playing it via steam with my friend who owns it on PC.
;~;
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 12:22:27 pm »
I am only missing 2 of the trophies on Portal 2...both require me to be online. All of the other ones I have already. Need PSN back up so I can complete Platinum #13 :D

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2011, 09:08:18 pm »
so I have heard that some things are working now and the healing can start... ???
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:54 pm »
never mind, I guess its being done by states, so peeps in LA can but not oregon yet...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2011, 11:47:53 am »
never mind, I guess its being done by states, so peeps in LA can but not oregon yet...
Its up. I played Black Ops this morning.