Author Topic: R.I.P. Elisabeth Sladen  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
R.I.P. Elisabeth Sladen
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:38:28 am »
I found out this morning from the Friends of the Doctor that Elisabeth Sladen who played one of the most memorable of Doctor Who's companions passed away from complications of cancer.

Elisabeth Sladen played Sarah Jane Smith who was the Doctor's companion for the last season of the Pertwee years and into the early days of the Baker years, A tremendous actress beautiful and possesing  a strength and integrity. She was also a loving mother. Her presence on and off the screen will be missed to those of us who follow the universe of Doctor Who.  If anyone out there has any thoughts on the passing of Elisabeth Sladen please feel free to put those thoughts here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 07:30:30 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
Re: R.I.P. Elisabeth Sladen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 09:03:17 am »
Complications? Cancer? O.o

Well I should have seen it coming. She was pretty awesome. It's the fate of all great people in this world. :-\
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: R.I.P. Elisabeth Sladen
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »
I totally <3 her. Haven't seen the Sarah Jane Adventures yet but have it in my netflix queue. Both in classic and in new Who she was gorgeous and intelligent and outstanding. Rest in peace, feel loved, Elisabeth.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).