Author Topic: Monster Hunter Tri  (Read 3549 times)

Offline DeafWord

• Cabbit
Monster Hunter Tri
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:14:50 am »
Does anyone on here play this? Or anyone who would be interested in doing some questing, that is. Granted, I'm only a level 10 lance user, but just put all your Tri discussions and info here!

(my weapon > your weapon)
This is a signature

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
Re: Monster Hunter Tri
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:04:02 pm »
I do! I do. I haven't played it in quite a while, but I do. (I got stuck on the mission with one of the water enemies and stopped playing.)

I don't recall my level, but I'm a sword user. I should switch weapons, but I like the way mine works. Ehh.
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline Zandre

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 03:39:57 pm »
I'm a pro at this game, currently rank 143, my game character name is Zandre, i have almost all types of use full armor and I'm willing to help you guys all out!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:09:06 am »
(my weapon > your weapon)
My weapon > any weapon in your game ;)

I finally got around to playing Tri today.  As far as a port to a completely different rendering and gameplay engine goes, they did alright, but the fact that they left out Gunlance, Dual Swords, and Hunting Horn (did they remove bow too?  I forget) makes it a pretty worthless game, since those are the most fun weapons to use IMHO.

If you want to play Monster Hunter, pick up a PSP and a copy of MHP2ndG and MHP3rd.  MHFU is good too but missing some of MHP2ndG's content.  Tri's the worst game in the series that I've played to date, primarily due to the limited weapon selection, view smoothing (aka view lagging), and a lot of the monsters being removed from the game.  It's not a bad game; just not nearly as good as other games in the series.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Doctor Whooves

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:51:25 pm »
Oh gods, I haven't played Tri in so long. I was actually a pretty good bowgun user when I was really into playing. Lol, when I wasn't sniping whatever hulking behemoth my party was after, I was typically healing them all. Such a fun game.
"Trust me, I'm the Doctor."

Offline Zandre

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »
I have to say, i havent player other mh games but i really wish they had gun lance in this one

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »
Is Tri the new one? Well anyway, 3 is getting remastered on PS3.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 11:13:26 pm »
Tri was released a while ago now.  Pretty sure it's been at least a year in the US.  MHP3rd came out in December.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>