Author Topic: Otaku over 30 - The Return  (Read 2108 times)

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Otaku over 30 - The Return
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »
Taxes completed so on to the next item.
It looks like I stick around in Oregon and will be attending Kumoricon this year. I plan get the paperwork in soon. While am I am working on, there is the issue of homework.
Is there any anime you wish to discuses or have any ideas I can research and bring to the panel let me know.  I have some ideas.
One item brought up the last panel; is should we drop the age to Otaku over 25, noting anime fandom is “just” a young persons fandom (not in my book).

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Re: Otaku over 30 - The Return
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »
I just want to thank all of you who attend this year. I will have more about online presence ans meet-ups later.
See you all next year.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:09:52 am »
I'd liek to attend, myself.  I will be 29 by next year's con, shy of 30 by 3 months.  If the age is dropped to 25, that'd be your guys' call.  Personally, I can appreciate why it's at 30, since it seems like the older otaku aren't in touch with most of the popular animes of most attendees at KCon.  The only benefit that I could see would be having more people there.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:05:59 pm »
I'd liek to attend, myself.  I will be 29 by next year's con, shy of 30 by 3 months.  If the age is dropped to 25, that'd be your guys' call.  Personally, I can appreciate why it's at 30, since it seems like the older otaku aren't in touch with most of the popular animes of most attendees at KCon.  The only benefit that I could see would be having more people there.

Actually I had a brain fart. After the Otauku over 30 It was discussed that the age where one seems to be push off and the odd (too old) fan out is younger than the furry fandom. I did meant to rename the panel Otauku over 25. I will rename it next year.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 03:06:10 pm »
...I'm not quite sure I follow you.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh