Author Topic: Rage Quiting in Pokemon Black and White  (Read 5115 times)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
Rage Quiting in Pokemon Black and White
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:38:07 pm »
So for those of you who don't know, one of the new features in Pokemon Black and White is the ability to battle random trainers from around the world online through wi-fi without the use of friend codes. Its a really cool system, but sadly people are making it not as fun to play.

With each fight you get a win or a loss added to your record. Only you can see the full record, whereas everyone else can only see how many times you've won. Now a lot of people when they lose are just switching off their DS before the results can get recorded. Because of immature people like this, you have a lot of people who have a mass of wins, and honest people like me who have 1 or 2 wins because every other win didn't get recorded. I should be at about 25 wins by now, but because of people like these guys I only have 6 battles even recorded and only 1 of those is a win.

Am I the only one annoyed by this? Anyone else getting people like this or do I just magically get all the people who get butthurt over a loss on a record only they can see?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Rage Quiting in Pokemon Black and White
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:47:18 pm »
That's bogus.  That should be recorded as a forfeit just like in virtually any other game that records your win:loss record. :/
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:17:51 pm »
That is bogus. On Starfox Command you get a "Drop-Out" recorded on your visible record if you drop out of a point match. The more you quit, the less respectable you appear. The unfortunate thing about that system is that you can't choose your opponents...

Actually, I wasn't aware the random WIFI trainer battle system was available. I thought it was connected to the Dream World servers, and those aren't up yet.
Wonder Northwest 2012: Chell with Wheatley (Portal 2)
Kumoricon 2012: Jack Noir (Homestuck), Magolor (Kirby), Chell

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:57:53 pm »
The free battles are up, but not the ranked battles. So right now the matches are just completely random match-ups, instead of matching people based on skill.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:53:23 am »
Sounds like an interesting concept to the game but I hate the game itself. :/ Worst addition to the Pokemon genre in my opinion. I might play a bit more just to check out the wifi battles and see what it's like but the idea of rage quitters will make me want to play the game even less.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:10:10 pm »
If it weren't for the people quitting it'd be a lot more fun. The competitiveness of the battle scene is one of the aspects I love most about pokemon, but its just a hollow victory right now when you win and it doesn't get recorded. I suppose there's a small sense of satisfaction in knowing that you beat someone so bad they refuse to acknowledge what happened, but still. I'm really hoping that things will get sorted out more once the ranked battles go live.

@Gryffinclaw Well if you don't like the new pokemon you can always import your pokemon from your old games and use those. I've been seeing a lot more gen III and gen IV pokemon online then I have gen V.

Offline Dragard

• Sailor Scout
    • Megidoladyne
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 12:03:33 am »
Haven't had that happen to me, but back in 4th Gen, people would rage quit all the time on Wi-Fi battles from the GameFAQs boards =/

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 02:38:35 am »
That is bogus. On Starfox Command you get a "Drop-Out" recorded on your visible record if you drop out of a point match. The more you quit, the less respectable you appear. (/snip)

This.

When you try to avoid hurting the feelings of the cheaters by not holding it against them, you cheese off your ethical players. Which is kindofa dumb move, considering that even in America that ratio probably isn't any higher than 1:4. People are usually pretty decent at heart, which comes out as a net positive even though the same behavioral mechanism sometimes makes us act like sheep.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 02:26:47 pm »
Haven't had that happen to me, but back in 4th Gen, people would rage quit all the time on Wi-Fi battles from the GameFAQs boards =/

I don't usually fight people online, but I once accepted a challenge against a guy from Neopets. At the time I didn't have an action replay, so my team had average stats. I ragequitted on him when I realized half way through that his team consisted of all max stat hacks. He'd neglected to inform me of that at the beginning. :/

I'm wondering how they're going to keep that from happening on WIFI match-ups. I'm going to make a tourney team before I try it, but I'm going to be quite enraged if I pour 50+ hours into a team just to get mowed down by someone who spent half an hour using pokesav.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »
I haven't encountered that, but I HAVE pulled the plug on some GTS Negotiation trades rather abruptly. Mostly when they start to show me their obviously hacked lineup (no, random person, I am not going to fall for your level 25 Torterra. And while I know that a shiny Watchog is pretty reasonable, the reasonability goes down when I see that you've caught it in a MASTER BALL. Although that one I did trade for, and saw that they caught it at level 4. At level 4 you can catch pretty much anything with a normal pokeball. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have had anything on hand other than a Master Ball).

Also I do ragequit that when people keep pressing the frown button over and over again. Especially when they don't present me with any pokemon of their own.

Offline Randomman29

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:48 pm »
Well people have been doing that in rl too, they battle someone then once the lose the close their ds so you get a "communication error" and the hacking is just so weak. I'd rather not play then be around anyone that hacks.
I'll play pokemon with anyone at anytime, my FC for HG, Slag: 2021 5546 4058, email me at: random_man2789@yahoo.com

Offline Psych

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:33 pm »
Man, why even bother going on GTS if you're hacking? You don't need anyone else's help anymore. You can get whatever you want. -_-

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:55 pm »
I dont mind it like all pokemon games i only own them becuse my best friend plays the opposit game as i do . and there for she gets pokemon she can not get its becuse i <3 her sooo much!

Offline LimeTheDragon

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »
This is why I don't do anonymous PvP on pretty much any game.. people are so obsessed over being "epic" or having an "epic record", that they ruin the online experience.

Though, personally, I still do most of my pokemoning on 4th gen games, so I can trade between Diamond/Pearl/Plat/HeartGold, and so I can still migrate from GBA games. The gameplay of B/W is awesome, but so far, it far from outweighs the benefits of all the breeding/training features I get from the 3rd/4th gen games, as well as ribbons, move tutors, battle frontier/tower, and so on and so forth.

But I will admit, I love how easy it is to manipulate IVs when catching/breeding pokemon in B/W.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »
Makes you just want to reach thru the screen and slap them

China bound!!!