Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
White Knight Chronicles
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:03:52 am »
Actually surprised there isn't a thread for this already. I know of at least 3 others here on the forums that play who are on my FL but I'm sure there are at least a few more. Use this thread for all of your WKC discussion!

Who here plays White Knight Chronicles on PS3? What level & GR are you? What is you character name? How often do you play? What LVL/Class is your character?

Cyprus
GR15!!!
LVL50 Spear/Divine (Maxed Rebirths)
I play in the evenings fairly frequently...usually logging off around 9pm for bed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:44:30 am by Cyprus »

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
Re: White Knight Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »
I want to play this game because I'm a Dragon Quest fan ( I notice it was also made from LEVEL 5). Plus, is the battle style similar to FF XII?

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:27:05 am »
Much better than FFXII...more like FFXI mixed with FFXII & a little of it's own element.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:11:27 pm »
Princess_Gryff (Gryff)
GR 8
LVL 44 Axe/Divine

Working on 2nd play-through and 1st rebirth. ;P

It's pretty much nothing like FFXIII in my opinion. It's Real Time fighting, not turn based. You see what you fight around you so it's not a random encounter with an unknown number. You have a charge bar which allows you to attack when full.
Long game... 400+ hours for a platinum. And that's record timing... I think it was 425 or something around there.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:52 pm »
 Hmmmmm....Im afraid because lots of reviewers are giving it bad scores. If the battle system is like FFXII and the upgrading system is like DQ, then that's cool. Plus I don't mind things like Voice acting not fitting in with the lips or storys that involve you saving the princess.

Just one question, I heard your character isn't the main character and that kind of troubles me a little. In most level 5 games your usually the hero so...

You think it doesn't matter if it's like that?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:16:04 am »
Haven't played FFXII or DQ so can't say much there...

But you are not the main character. You can be yourself but you have your own character only for online adventures. The others just get you through the story. I paid no attention to them and focused only on my character the whole time. I didn't play the game for the story...I play it for the online interaction with Cyprus, Griff, and my brother.

In the second one (coming out this year) you actually can turn into a Knight like Leonard can and you can choose your weapon for it.
The only time your character 'doesn't matter' is in the cut scenes where you are seen just standing around.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:16:49 am »
Your character is better than the "hero" anyway so no big deal there lol.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »
I have this game but I really need to play it more than I do. I haven't played it in a while...

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 07:52:43 pm »
Well, I heard that WKC2 is coming out with a redone version of number one, so I might consider getting that.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:48:45 pm »
I dont know about redone but same story... And you have to finish the first story to play the second.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:27:14 am »
It's not going to be redone...just included since you have to beat it to play the second one. If anything, they might just clean up some graphics, but other than that, it will be the same game. You would be better off just starting now since there is A LOT to do in the first one.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 03:52:08 am »
Griffthedragoon

Lvl 43
GR 8
Axe/Spear/Divine
soon to be a mage
i play alot with Cyprus and Gryff

China bound!!!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »
^Thanks for replying.

I might get this game in the near future unless DQX comes soon. (to the wii)

Thanks for telling me about the game bro's.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 08:47:22 am »
It really is a great game...you should try it out. It's only $15 if you buy it used on Amazon. If it weren't for my good buddy Griff, I probably never would have tried it.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:46 am »
PSN is back & I am on a fully loaded assault into this game! Almost have all of my GR10 armor maxed out in upgrades...will finish them tonight. Then I will start grinding some more quests/GP & start farming materials for more new weapons.

Offline LimeTheDragon

• Oni
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:23 am »
It's not going to be redone...just included since you have to beat it to play the second one. If anything, they might just clean up some graphics, but other than that, it will be the same game. You would be better off just starting now since there is A LOT to do in the first one.

It's not being "remade", per se, but they have made upgrades and adjustments to it. One big example, is the action bar starts loading as the current action animation starts, instead of when it ends like in the original. Also, from what I hear, some of the quests have been adjusted, like Best Served Cold can only be S-ranked when you complete the sidequest in it. Could be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

Also, rather disappointing that we're getting WKC2 a good 3 months after Europe already has it.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 02:55:29 pm »
That's still not a remake. Those advancements were made for WKC2.
A change in battle system and level adjustments is not a remake. So 'per se' or not...it's not a remake.

WKC2 will have a higher level cap, a higher rebirth level, a higher max GR, new quests, a change of drop rates, and all that jazz.
The only adjustments to WKC is, like Cyprus said, a clean up of graphics.
Playing WKC now will not change how you play it if you change over to the WKC2 disk. Changing the whole gameplay of the first one wouldn't make sense.

And I doubt BSC can only be S-ranked with the side-quest because the side-quest makes Big Red (the boss) weaker so he's easier to beat. Plus, that quest is only really used for quick GP because of how fast you can get to the boss battle. It will still be the best choice for GP grinding since you can get to BR and beat him at around five minutes (less if you have a good party).

Offline LimeTheDragon

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 07:02:26 pm »
That's still not a remake. Those advancements were made for WKC2.
A change in battle system and level adjustments is not a remake. So 'per se' or not...it's not a remake.

Way to get defensive/uppity about me agreeing that it's not a remake. You're not the only intelligent person here, that knows in-game adjustments don't equate to a remake.

Regardless, I have WKC: International, currently GR10, and now that I have access to Sprog Cleaning II, I'm working on remaining rebirths. And I intend on getting WKC2. However, I doubt I'll be playing much with anybody from these forums.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:02:55 pm by LimeTheDragon »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 06:39:36 am »
Many quests have multiple subquest bonuses...one of which is BSC. By killing him without weakening him, you get a subquest bonus. Which added to a kill time of about 5.5min or less, gets the S rank. I haven't seen anything about them making any adjustments to the gameplay of the original so I can't honestly say one way or the other. I have seen statements about them "remastering" the graphics a little though.

One thing that they might do however, is to make the GR9 DLC quests once again available to play(since the quest data is all still there for the GR12 versions...wouldn't be hard at all to make them available). I could see that happening to help people just starting out have an easier time. But again, I'm just speculating.

Anyway, I updated the first page with my character info since I hit GR12 last night.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:59 am »
Hit GR13 a few days ago during the holiday weekend. Currently working towards my last end game spear, then going to farm the materials needed to make & fully upgrade GR14 &15 equipment (surprisingly, I have a good majority of the items already). Only 3 trophies left until Platinum, 2 of which I could easy hammer out fast.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 06:24:34 am »
Updated front page...hit GR14 last night & got my Dominion Boots, Dragonscale Plate & Shogun's Mail. Already have all the items I need to make & fully upgrade all of my GR15 gear as well so it's just GR points that I am after really. I do need one more drop from SA2 to finish my Shogun's to +10 as well as any drops toward the binding trophies. But other than that, I am free to help run whatever when I'm not helping my G/F (she is GR10).

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 07:45:56 am »
Updated again...hit GR15 over the weekend & now have the best gear available for Spear class. Should have the platinum trophy tonight...35 binds left to do. Just playing to help G/F & friends now.