Convention Events and Programming > Cosplay

What's a good way to bind? Tips and hints

(1/26) > >>

Blender:
So, for all of you wondering out there what a good way to bind is well, here you go:

So, I've recently started binding and I've found a pretty effective way: a compression shirt from underworks. I specifically got the tri-top one and it works wonders.

Now, if you're on a budget then ace bandages will work fine as long as you put it on correctly and not too tight. (They've been known to crack ribs.)

There is also the option of a waist cincher corset but they tend to stretch a little bit after a few uses.

And if that's too pricey just go find my post in the tutorial thread, there's a tutorial there to make a home-made binding. But that will take a couple bucks out of your pocket as well.

And never use any kind of tape or anything sticky. The only time to use this is with open shirt binding and even then just use masking tape with paper or cloth to protect your nipple.

If you have anything to add or any questions feel free to comment.

VampireFangs103:
I've had a ton of experience with binding, since I primarily do male cosplays. Now of course, it depends on what size of cup are you. If it's a larger cup, you're gunna have a harder time binding. I'm between a B and a C, and I use a combination of techniques that work very well for me. :3

First, under everything, wear a sports bra. It's a great base for binding. Then I suggest buying a compression shirt; doesn't have to be an expensive one. Hell, I've even seen them at the thrift store. Just make sure it's the right size; it's MEANT to be tight.

But the main thing that helps the binding is a waist trimmer. I buy mine at walmart for 5 bucks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Waist-Trimmer-Belt/12167842

They're meant for your waist obviously, but you can wrap them around your chest somewhat tight over everything else, and it REALLY helps. If you do this, you have to make sure it's not TOO tight, because your ribs can get extremely sore after a while. But since it's meant for your waist, it's easy to move in, and it's somewhat breathable, and nice and stretchy. :3 Also, it's rubbery on the back so it doesn't slip too much. It's very useful. ^^ Hope this helps!

LtCommanderRichie:
Depends on how large your... 'tracts of land' are.

I use a method most people say never to use, but that's because I have the thickest most non-adhesive skin in the world. You could try a waist cincher or sports tape.

NEVER USE ACE BANDAGES. They can break your ribs. I used to use them and I was in constant pain all the time.

Blender:
Well, I have a B cup so I'm pretty sure I won't have much of a problem.

nekovamp13:
Then just use VampireFang's method. Mine are small as well, so I find a small sportsbra and the clencher is as good as anything ^^

And also a hint, wear looser clothing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version