Author Topic: The "Who should I cosplay as?" thread  (Read 906413 times)

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
Re: The "Who should I cosplay as?" thread
« Reply #1300 on: February 13, 2014, 10:01:31 pm »
Jeimi: Now that I thought about it more and listened to more opinions from my geek-inclined friends, I'm most definitely gonna be going with Jude, not just because I connect to his character more or that he might draw more attention than the more common Kirito, but that he'll also be easier in practice, since he's not carrying around two swords.  A cooldown cosplay should actually help cool me down, wouldn't you agree?   ;D

Also, the guy blocks sword strikes with punches, how BA is that?   
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #1301 on: March 04, 2014, 07:33:46 pm »
Jeimi: Now that I thought about it more and listened to more opinions from my geek-inclined friends, I'm most definitely gonna be going with Jude, not just because I connect to his character more or that he might draw more attention than the more common Kirito, but that he'll also be easier in practice, since he's not carrying around two swords.  A cooldown cosplay should actually help cool me down, wouldn't you agree?   ;D

Also, the guy blocks sword strikes with punches, how BA is that?   

Holy crap....That gif is so kool..I have to go get that haha..What system is that one? I figure I can't play it as most the Tails Of games are not on ps3..lol I think there's like a few of the older ones on ps2 but that's about it lol I know a lot are handheld and xbox if I remember lol

But yea, sounds like you like Jude more than Kirito..Which is more than enough reason. And by the way, you don't HAVE to have 2 swords as Kirito..Just sayin lol

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1302 on: March 25, 2014, 09:45:18 pm »
So, this is for my service dog. I am looking for something that wont interfere with her work attire. I can make any vest in any color and just add things to her vest. The handle is required. I am planning on getting a more ridged handle for con. The handle is important that it stays. I would really like it to be something that is easily recognized even on a dog.

I personally cosplay Koto from Yu Yu Hakusho but Nova can honestly be dressed as something from a completely different series.

No crazy tutus. No wings longer than a 4 inch span. No things that would have to go on her head. No tutus as they stick out and would interfier with her work.

Partner cosplays with my dog also taken. :) The group picture is of me and my friends. I am the one with the pink shorts and the ears.

Offline moonbeam

• Cabbit
« Reply #1303 on: July 15, 2014, 12:09:24 am »
For anyone of you ouran high school host club is always a good simple enough anime sailor moon / sailor scouts also one peace characters  ummm  also side characters like human version of the cats from sailor moon ( luna Artemis )  oh  also if any of you are fans of studio ghibli characters are always nice classics to see
Prepare for trouble make that double !
Fighting evil by moon light finding love by daylight !

Offline moonbeam

• Cabbit
« Reply #1304 on: July 15, 2014, 12:16:27 am »
For nova the dog and owner . Look up the anime wolf rain you could be the human version and nova could be the wolf form . There's a character named blue. ( female ) nova could work.  There also a black male wolf the human form  is pretty cool ( cant think.of the  name ). Hope that helps
Prepare for trouble make that double !
Fighting evil by moon light finding love by daylight !

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #1305 on: July 17, 2014, 01:08:30 pm »
i'm actually really curious if anyone would have any
cosplay suggestions for me!
side note: I'm tall, and I definitely look my age so no kid characters.
nothing too revealing(cleavage and legs are okay).
nothing showing my upper shoulders, stomach, or back.
I am VERY pale, and don't get tan whatsoever.
I tend to lean more towards school girls, but willing to try something new.
height:5'9-5'10
hair: black(length is past my chest now) wigs are an option though
eye color: grayish blue (contact/circle lenses are also an option)
animes I like: chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai, angel beats, sword art online, fate/stay night, fate/zero, shingeki no kyojin, hataraku maou-sama!, problem children are coming from another planet aren't they?, black lagoon, psycho pass, berserk, claymore, kaze no stigma, elfen lied, inu x boku ss, etc.

(I don't have the blonde in my hair, or the nose piercing anymore)

only cosplaying picture I have of me(kanade from Angel Beats)

Tall friend I may have some suggestions if i were at a computer! I am posting this here now as to prep myself and find it later!

If you look good in blond (i dont) i have a list of good characters you could be.
Pm me and i can totes link you some things when i am at a pc.
Me being 6ft tall am used to figuring out how to cosplay characters to my build, so i got a list lady!
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

« Reply #1306 on: August 12, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »
So who should i go as? I'm 6'2'' btw. I'm open to a lot of ideas and don't mind sowing.
Sorry i couldn't find a full body pic but im skinny and lanky. and i have a Halfro (.5 * Afro)

Really into: steins gate, log horizon, AOA,  Irregular at magic high school, fairy tail, fate/zero/staynight,

Also classic: tirgun, full metal, bleach, Naruto, samurai champloo, afro samurai

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #1307 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:07 pm »
So who should i go as? I'm 6'2'' btw. I'm open to a lot of ideas and don't mind sowing.
Sorry i couldn't find a full body pic but im skinny and lanky. and i have a Halfro (.5 * Afro)

Really into: steins gate, log horizon, AOA,  Irregular at magic high school, fairy tail, fate/zero/staynight,

Also classic: tirgun, full metal, bleach, Naruto, samurai champloo, afro samurai

Going by your name, id say youre a huge Fairy Tail fan right? You look like youd make an awesome Gajeel.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:31:24 pm by Azuraschampion »
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline GreenBrownGirlSasori

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #1308 on: December 08, 2014, 03:06:38 am »
ruki i see you more as a rikku. try the X-2 one as that costume is more popular, but IMO i prefer the X one...

Uploaded at Picoodle.com

i've always wanted to cosplay a character with a dangling cross earing. any ideas?
It's a yaoi manga but...
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sex_therapist/
I think you'd pull his character(s) off really well!
see ya, space cowboy.
@greenbrowngirl is my Instagram if you are interested in seeing cosplay progress and my drawings.

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #1309 on: December 08, 2014, 03:10:44 am »

Alrighty,

So I'm a 18 year old male, 6'2", with a skinny body type and medium length blonde hair. My personality traits that stand out the most is probably my "sarcastic" humor, being friendly, and the occasional prankster at times.

Some of my favorite shows would have to be.

• Samurai Champloo
  • Death Note
  • HighSchool DxD
  • Desert Punk
  • Inital D (I probably wouldn't cosplay from it though).

I suppose my budget would be around $100 and my sewing skills are none existent. I think my hair would be nice for cosplay so I'd like to stay away from wigs and I'd like to stick to male only characters please :) .

I am open to characters not included on this list, because these aren't all of the shows I've seen but some of my favorite, so shoot me some idea's going of my looks and personality :D .

How about Mello or Light? Their cosplay is pretty cheap, and simple to throw together if you are good at thrift shopping. There's this great store here in Eugene called Kitsch-22 that has clothing that would be perfect for a Mello cosplay if you are willing to grow out your hair a little.
see ya, space cowboy.
@greenbrowngirl is my Instagram if you are interested in seeing cosplay progress and my drawings.

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #1310 on: December 08, 2014, 03:14:06 am »
I'm, like others, curious who does it look like I should cosplay as. I have 3 right off the top of my head that I could do based on facial appearance which are Seychelles (hetalia), Eska (Legend of Korra), and Serena (pokemon x and y). I have already done Seychelles and well I am going to cosplay her probably for the rest of my con life but like I said I'm curious about who you people think I should cosplay.
Please do Chel from El Dorado! You would ROCK that cosplay!!!!!!!!!!!
see ya, space cowboy.

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #1311 on: December 08, 2014, 03:26:48 am »

Last year I cosplayed Greece and I was the Inuyasha cosplayer in Late Night Cosplay Chess and the Karaoke Contest. It's hard to see but I have Green eyes that have brown around the pupil. I am open to wearing wigs. $200 is as high as I can afford to go on a bought cosplay.I look like this:
see ya, space cowboy.

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #1312 on: January 16, 2015, 12:39:05 am »
I've posted here before, but I was very young and have changed a lot! I want to get back into cosplaying, but I don't know where to start!
  • I will wear wigs
  • I only cosplay girls, but will genderbend a boy
  • Makeup is my friend
  • [size=78%]5'3" and 120lbs[/size]
  • [/size]Not really willing to wear contacts[size=78%]
I would love some suggestions!

(This was a fear years ago)

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #1313 on: February 03, 2015, 10:35:02 am »
I haven't done this for a while so I'll give it a go:

-Wigs are fine
-Contacts are NOT ok
-Makeup can be done
-Female OR male (doesn't matter to me)

Me:

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/android_18/library/Me%20-%20Kumoricon

Me in cosplays:

https://plus.google.com/photos/109302261682098900094/albums/5940115257625127297?authkey=CJ_I7qPu0d-YdQ

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1314 on: June 01, 2015, 11:13:19 am »
You should do Videl from DBZ!!!! I think you'd be excellent!

Me again!I havent been on for over a year but I'm back (even though the forum is pretty dead XD)

I am 5'7 and 115 pounds. Naturally blond but I dye my hair and wigs are prefered. I can wear any contacts. I will crossplay and genderbend.

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1315 on: August 19, 2015, 08:57:08 am »
Because I haven't been on the forums in almost two years and I think it's time for a come-back...

Just for curiosity sake:
https://40.media.tumblr.com/8ac0ef5f77f223ebf9114535953d8433/tumblr_nt8tvzl0K61s7k0rmo3_540.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e096d53b0f280387e747e0a9aeea6dde/tumblr_nt8tvzl0K61s7k0rmo2_400.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/3a7d095d053fc35c836ab7f4ac61cf78/tumblr_nt8tvzl0K61s7k0rmo1_1280.jpg

Favourite things are : Pirates and elves.
Games of Thrones, Black Sails, Assassins Creed, all the Devil May Cry's, Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who... Mainly video games and tv shows, not really into anime anymore.
5'6", body type is... Curvy doesn't even do it justice. I'm like a literal S shape.

Also, my girlfriend was curious as to who she would be good as so bonus:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/6be021dd5cd5c5d18c6c0e43adbdc51b/tumblr_n3jbrl3qdP1twy22bo1_500.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/46d28129fcc18536bb41c1f8c110785f/tumblr_n3c3tnho0F1twy22bo1_1280.jpg

She likes Dead Rising, DMC Reboot, Kingdom Hearts, and pretty much anything I like. She doesn't understand anime but she doesn't dislike it.
She LOVES the hunger games. She keeps wanting me to dress as Katniss and her as Peeta.
She's 5' exactly, prefers to dress as guys.
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1316 on: August 19, 2015, 09:14:56 am »
Because I haven't been on the forums in almost two years and I think it's time for a come-back...

Just for curiosity sake:
https://40.media.tumblr.com/8ac0ef5f77f223ebf9114535953d8433/tumblr_nt8tvzl0K61s7k0rmo3_540.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e096d53b0f280387e747e0a9aeea6dde/tumblr_nt8tvzl0K61s7k0rmo2_400.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/3a7d095d053fc35c836ab7f4ac61cf78/tumblr_nt8tvzl0K61s7k0rmo1_1280.jpg

Favourite things are : Pirates and elves.
Games of Thrones, Black Sails, Assassins Creed, all the Devil May Cry's, Vampire Diaries, Doctor Who... Mainly video games and tv shows, not really into anime anymore.
5'6", body type is... Curvy doesn't even do it justice. I'm like a literal S shape.

Also, my girlfriend was curious as to who she would be good as so bonus:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/6be021dd5cd5c5d18c6c0e43adbdc51b/tumblr_n3jbrl3qdP1twy22bo1_500.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/46d28129fcc18536bb41c1f8c110785f/tumblr_n3c3tnho0F1twy22bo1_1280.jpg

She likes Dead Rising, DMC Reboot, Kingdom Hearts, and pretty much anything I like. She doesn't understand anime but she doesn't dislike it.
She LOVES the hunger games. She keeps wanting me to dress as Katniss and her as Peeta.
She's 5' exactly, prefers to dress as guys.

It's funny you mentioned liking Doctor Who, because my first thought was "Wow...she really looks like Rose Tyler!" So, you could definitely cosplay her, if you don't mind streetwear cosplays.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kumi4eva

• Chibi
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #1317 on: August 19, 2015, 09:57:26 am »

It's funny you mentioned liking Doctor Who, because my first thought was "Wow...she really looks like Rose Tyler!" So, you could definitely cosplay her, if you don't mind streetwear cosplays.

I actually was planning on going as her for 2012! Thanks, I'm definitely putting her down for future now that I know more people than just family think I could pull it off.  ;D
Kumoricon 2016 costumes:
Frozen: Elsa - 30%
Black Sails: Anne Bonny - 0%
The Last of Us: Ellie (winter) - 75%
Maybes:
Kat - DMC
Annie - Dead Rising

Offline WalkingSpear

• Cabbit
« Reply #1318 on: February 21, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »
I'm doing Inuyasha again this year. Wouldn't mind hooking up with a group.
Dang! Kagome, what have you been eating?