Author Topic: Public Cosplay  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Public Cosplay
« on: August 28, 2005, 11:12:49 am »
If this has been done before, shoot me >.> I did look for it and didnt find it XD

How many people here has/do/will cosplay in public... for no reason other then fun?

My Zac costume im actually making waterproof and winterized so i can use it  in the cold and such, and i think it would be cool if other people had costumes they would wear in public...
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Public Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 12:30:12 pm »
I ran into some girls at Valley river center in their cosplay, and I met you and those two girls in the fabric store parking lot with you in your Miroku cosplay.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
Public Cosplay
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 01:26:21 pm »
I did public cosplay once... and one of my lesser friends avoided me for a week >>;;;

Now I stick to special events....

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Public Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 01:34:47 pm »
All but the First Pocky Club meeting I've been in Cosplay. ^_^ And then I'll wear it around the house, but that's not really 'public'.

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
Public Cosplay
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 07:11:57 am »
i'd cosplay at a social event or something.

but walking around downtown in cosplay might be fun. X3
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
Public Cosplay
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 08:31:20 am »
I haven't publicly cosplayed myself.

But I did see someone do a "Prince of Tennis" crossplay when I was attending a general social event at another campus of my school. I thought that was kinda neat.  :)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Public Cosplay
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 09:12:24 am »
Unfortunately, not all cosplay will get the same results as others.  When I cosplayed as Seta, I walked into a store, bought a disposable camera, and everyone thought I was wearing a usual set of clothes.  :cry:

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Public Cosplay
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 12:44:32 pm »
My first cosplay was public. It was Faye from Cowboy Bebop down at my Middle School xD  That was fun. I got extra credit in my drama class!

Me and my group of friends cosplay at the mall and such all the time. We love to. The funnest public cosplay was doing Paradise Kiss at the mall and browsing the shop like our characters. I was Isabella. We had lots of fun in Hot Topic.
Sweet Times

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Public Cosplay
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 01:16:29 pm »
o_o Oh, and when I first saw this topic, I thought it said 'pubic cosplay'. X___X omg. Dyslexia.

Offline PixeL

• Sailor Scout
Public Cosplay
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 03:52:28 pm »
i would never do it. Only if it was haloween or somthing.

is Ruki and Ichigo

Public Cosplay
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 05:08:25 pm »
Ruki: .....cosplay in public..well i am not much of the cosplayer...el oh el but i swear outfits from the band in public!!! and that seems cosplay enough haha
---------
Ichigo: I AM!!! hehe! ^____^ *spins* if someone says somethign i go kick their ass and send the ghetto of portland and seattle on them. see if they sumthing then!

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
Public Cosplay
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 05:40:39 pm »
Me and my friends all cosplayed in public before. We were in a park after her birthday and all the people there saw us and left. XD It was really funny.
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Public Cosplay
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 09:54:57 pm »
I know I would if I had the right kind of costume.

I mean think about, say, wearing storm trooper armor in downtown Portland just walking around. How fun would that be?
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Public Cosplay
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 10:48:02 pm »
I wore my Oikawa costume to class once. No one noticed. Maybe I should have worn the makeup too.

Offline master-shake

• Cabbit
Public Cosplay
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 09:20:20 am »
I have/do. When I used to go clubbing a lot i'd do it every time i went dancing. Now its just when the mood hits me (or cons..)

I think more people should.. Cosplay is way better fashion than anything else.. (and by cosplay I mean anime inspired/video game inspired/FRUITs, etc).

Offline eerielunarose

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/eerielunarose/
Public Cosplay
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2005, 08:30:09 pm »
Anyone noticed how more and more in recent years it has become a thing to dress up for premiere weekends of movies that have anything to do with any sort of fan base? Star Wars started that particular phenomenon, I think. But then it was done for Lord of the Rings a lot. Even League of Extraordinary Gentleman and Pirates of the Caribbean and such had people dressing up for them. Not all of them are otaku.

I LOVE cosplay. I'll use absolutely any excuse to dress up.

Granted, there's times it just doesn't work well to be in costume, but my sister and I always thought it was some of the best fun you could have to spend a little bit of time and unnerve those who narrowmindedly think they define the standard of "normalcy."

Some of our fondest memories from our first con we went to together involved frolicking about in the mall right across the street. How convenient that Kumori had one too! Brought back -such- fond memories. :D
Eerie Lunarose
Electronics Clerk (Beware my Register-fu!)
One Hour Photo Guru
Fully Fueled by Coffee

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Public Cosplay
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 03:00:23 pm »
I actually do it A LOT!!  I have a Subaru Sumeragi costume that I wear often.  It's just plain fun!!  And sometimes I just feel like wearing my sailor fuku
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Bow-

• Cabbit
Public Cosplay
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 05:08:09 pm »
I don't suppose my batman underwear count?