Author Topic: When Hackers Attack  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
When Hackers Attack
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:17:08 pm »
For those of you who don't know, Sony is in the middle of a lawsuit against a hacker by the name of GeoHot.
Hackers have been enraged by this and yesterday launched an attack against PSN which shut the servers down for a bit and caused many players grief when trying to do anything online. Hackers are also trying to attack Sony Executives and release personal information.

Quote from: VentureBeat
Anonymous said that Sony had abused the judicial system to censor information on how its products work, victimized customers for possessing and sharing information, and targeting every person who seeks that information. “In doing so, you have violated the privacy of thousands,” a reference to Sony’s attempt to find out who downloaded the jailbreaking software. Anonymous further accused Sony of “corporate greed” and seeking to control users. “Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornet’s nest and stuck your penises in it.” It went on to warn, “Expect us.”

What do you guys think of this outrage?

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
Re: When Hackers Attack
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:33:20 pm »
4chan is behind this, just sayin'. It sounds a lot like what happened when one fearless anon got in to Oprah's websight and posted, &quote:
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slDAPms8Tvs

People were taking this stuff serously. Stupid right? Anyway, i think the whole "expect us" part was just to scare people. I don't think for a second that few meer /b/tard hackers could do serious harm to Sony or the PSN. This is, of course, in my opinion.

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:44:42 pm »
Somehow I doubt it's just 4chan behind something like this. :/
I'm not saying they aren't a part of it but I don't think it's just them. I don't believe they could have been so eloquent with their words when claiming they were going to get revenge.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Saki-the-cat

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »
"You saw a hornet’s nest and stuck your penises in it.” sounds exactly like something anon would say, or am i missing something here?

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:15:57 pm »
This is amusing. From the start of the millenium I've noticed that Sony hates you. All of you(You = NOT Sony). That's why stupid stuff like hack-attacks happen to these guys so often. ;D

I'm probably still bitter from the invasive rootkit thing a few years back but this is just another sign that they haven't changed their agenda and have no intention of doing so. Now that they're a target of anon, expect nothing but vicious gridlock. Nothing either side is doing will help anybody so just get out while you can. I'm glad I don't have to deal with this problem. My one programmer friend is probably screwed though since he likes PS3 so much.

Might have to dig out a few hackcessories tonight to help him. o_O
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:14 pm »
Sony makes a huge portion of their revenue off lawsuits.  They possess a ton of intellectual property, execute questionable legal tactics, and have comparably few actual assets.  That said, they have no case here.  They left a huge gaping hole in their system that could be exploited by knowing a simple pair of values.  There's nothing illegal about enabling someone to become enabled to pirate or to modify a system.  That's fully protected by first amendment rights.

Hacking the PS3 changes just about nothing about the economy of the PS3.  Piracy doesn't hurt the gaming industry because it doesn't alter the value of total demand.  In fact, it pressures the industry to keep prices reasonable by not exceeding the value at which most consumers will seek a more cost-efficient alternative.  Sony's just butthurt because once again they've shown themselves to be less capable of a computer entertainment distributor than Microsoft and Nintendo now that every system they've ever released has been hacked.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:02:48 pm »
....It's funny, I wanna see how this goes.

Certainly bad for the company and the hacker(s) but still. Im grabbing my popcorn.

Offline Classy Viking

• Chibi
    • My Random the Thoughts through the Days
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 06:47:10 pm »
While it is Anonymous, the Hacker Group, but it's not 4chan.
BUNCH OF BABY DUCKS
SEEND THEM TO THE MOON~

Junior Cadet of the TD BRO CHAD

My [Censored] belong to Nikki J