Author Topic: "Nobody knows who that is" Cosplays  (Read 41659 times)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: "Nobody knows who that is" Cosplays
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2011, 04:03:13 pm »
I'll have to find a good picture to post on here. And Souseiseki is my next favorite. That is who I was thinking of cosplaying this year and asking one of my friends to cosplay as Suiseiseki, but after last year's failed cosplay I thought maybe I'll stick with a simple, more known seires to cosplay.

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:08 pm »
AAAAWWW you totally should've been souseiseki with suiseiseki. that would've been awesome!!

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2011, 04:19:27 pm »
After looking at this thread, it makes me wish I should have stuck with it... Maybe if I get the money, I'll make that cosplay for next year. ^_^

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »
yesss please do!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:44 pm »
Suigintou = Saber? ROFL!!! Wooooooow! that person doesn't know Saber then!

I haven't read/watched Rozen Maiden myself, but it's on the list somewhere and I at least KNOW of it. I generally recognize Suigintou and the other gal when I see them xD;
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2011, 11:16:31 pm »
@Veraca: I know! When I heard the guy say that to me, I just facepalmed myself. Seriously. My friend's just stood behind me laughing their butts off. xD

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2011, 09:19:30 pm »
I was Scraps, the Patchwork Girl from the Wizard of Oz books at Sakuracon. No one recognized, which I was expecting, and a few other people thought I was Sally, which I was also expecting. I was not expecting to hear a loud, shrieking voice exclaim "SALLY!", only to turn around and find a small group girls sprinting towards me, babbling about how happy they were to find a Sally. I felt a bit awkward telling them they were wrong. ^^;

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline snowshoedtiger

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2011, 09:40:22 pm »
I was Alice from Alice in wonderland the first time I decided to cosplay an actual character and had someone think I was a maid...With my last minute Cheshire cat right beside me... She even had the guts to give me a disgusted look.

I was very put down.
Trinkets and Tragedy Co-Manager
2013 cosplay: Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garter belt.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2011, 11:25:09 pm »
i was gumi from vocaloid in 2009 and only 3 people knew who i was -w- i'm very proud of them XD

i also cosplayed the same year as Haruhi Suzumiya's outfit from the first opening from the first series, where she is wearing a male's black school jacket, yellow shirt, blue skirt, black and red shoes, white gloves, and a white japanese headband -w- only 1 haruhi recognized me, and 1 other congoer knew who i was
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:27:02 pm by luvan1me »

Offline Raven

• Cabbit
    • My Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2011, 11:40:17 pm »
I remember a few years ago I cosplayed as the young version of Uchiha Itachi (before he killed the Uchiha Clan) and, although I was at a very small con, so many people thought I was cosplaying Sasuke ... I mean, I suppose their guesses weren't too far off ... but still ... I had even drawn the lines under my eyes! Sasuke doesn't have those lines, nor does he have longish hair pulled back into a low ponytail!
XD
Possible Cosplays for Kumori Con 2012
Pirate!England, Canada, Romano, and/or Australia from Hetalia
Male Blood Elf Mage (Levi) from World of Warcraft

Offline the_toll_of_death

• Cabbit
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2011, 10:44:07 am »
I cosplayed as Sai from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro and almost everyone thought I was supposed to be Near from Death Note :'[
I wish I had seen you! I would have fanboyed so hard, especially if you had props with you~
Someone said Sai from Neuro.

... :I I'm gonna be cosplaying him this year, along with a Yako and MAYBE a Neuro.
I will find you and take lots of pictures and be over enthusiastic and hopefully drag over other people who will fully appreciate you guys. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro is amazing, especially the manga.... *sigh* Some older friends of mine cosplayed it before I knew what it was and even then I thought they looked cool...
Kumoricon cosplay 2012:
Dalek dress (Doctor Who)/John Watson (Sherlock)
Sarah (Labyrinth)
Fem!Thor (The Avengers)

Offline the_toll_of_death

• Cabbit
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2011, 10:56:34 am »
I want to cosplay from Deadman Wonderland, Doubt or Judge. All three are amazing and I don't think they get enough credit.

I about lost it when I saw the group of Doubt cosplayers at K con last year. I loved on them with my camera long time.
YESSSSSSSSSS. That was us! It was so cool to be recognized!
I was the Rei with the wrong shade of wig and a huge wheelchair... Some of my group will be returning this year, but I think only two or three of them...

Hmmm... Well, I cosplayed Aizawa Kouicjhi from Nabari and didn't get recognized, and of course my Doubt group got only about a handful of recognitions and then other photos because of our heads... Though I was only recognized in the group, outside of it I was totally unrecognizable because I didn't have a head.
I will be cosplaying Albert de Morcerf from Gankutsuou, the Count of Monte Cristo and I only expect to be recognized when I'm with my Count, if that... XD I expect most people will be freaking out over how awesome/how blue she is and completely forget about poor naive rich little me.
I've plan on doing lots of more obscure cosplays, but mostly only for photoshoots... I don't want to spend all my time and money on a cosplay not to be appreciated at con.
'Dorian Red Gloria, Earl of Gloria AKA Eroica? And Major Klaus Eberbach of NATO? Who's that?' *facepalm*
Kumoricon cosplay 2012:
Dalek dress (Doctor Who)/John Watson (Sherlock)
Sarah (Labyrinth)
Fem!Thor (The Avengers)

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2011, 03:11:31 pm »
I think I fall into this category this year since I have chosen more obscure characters than previous years. I haven't had much time to devote effort into making my cosplays this year, so I have chosen less difficult ones. As for the character(s) not being well known, I don't mind at all. Mostly, I am looking forward to just having fun, going to panels, and taking pictures of other cosplayers.  I think some will recognize Shana more compared to Hazuki but I will find out real sooooon. ♫ ♫♫ ♫
And so it begins...

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »
I think some will recognize Shana more compared to Hazuki but I will find out real sooooon. ♫ ♫♫ ♫

I know who Shana is! kinda.

Offline moiramctaggart

• Sailor Scout
    • deviantArt
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2011, 09:00:04 am »
I did Benitora from Samurai Deeper Kyo. Someone thought I was a pirate.
http://www.absoluteanime.com/samurai_deeper_kyo/benitora.jpg

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2011, 12:56:59 pm »
I think some will recognize Shana more compared to Hazuki but I will find out real sooooon. ♫ ♫♫ ♫

I know who Shana is! kinda.

♫♫ YAY! ♫♫  :D
And so it begins...

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »
I'm going to probably be unrecognizable throughout the convention since I am going as a Star Wars character that only exists in the books and comics and am doing a slight variation of her smuggler outfit :P

Ah well, I think it will be fun to for once be a character nobody really knows!