Author Topic: The No Glomp List - Pocky Club Sponsored  (Read 8347 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
The No Glomp List - Pocky Club Sponsored
« on: August 09, 2005, 07:51:57 pm »
Spend hundreds of dollars on your award winning costume only to have some 12 year old in cat ears squeel and jump on you? Deathly afraid of touching other people? Don't like getting startled because you're ninja murdering skillz are so extreme you might break someone?

You should sign up for the NO GLOMP LIST.

This is a list that will facilitate communication between congoers and let certain, enthusiastic, members of our community know that while you love anime you would rather not be glomped.

The list will be compiled by Pocky Club Staff and hopefully a copy will be allowed to be posted at the info desk. I hope to make this more than just something for my club, that way it can be sort of a "public service".

As far as Pocky Club goes this will make sure that you ar not touched in anyway by even the most exuberant of our delivery staff. We will take special care that if you are the person we're delivering pocky to we do not even startle you.

So to join the list please email me at pockyclub@gmail.com or post on this thread to sign up. Also, if you post pictures of your cosplay people will probably recognize you and know better at the con.

There's is also an opposite to this list, which someone will have to post. It is the YES GLOMP LIST. This list (which will only be for Pocky Club records) is for those of you who enjoy being glomps from out of nowhere and enjoy the fun and attention. If you are on this list and we are to deliver Pocky to you then it will be ninja style and a toal suprise. The YES GLOMP LIST is not a guarantee of glomping though, much like this list will not be an absolute defense against people outside of Pocky Club.
*edit- another good thing to mention if you are on the YGL is what characters/Pocky you like, that way Santa.... I mean we and your friends will know what to get you.

DISCLAIMER: This list does only guarantees that you will not be glomped by any Pocky Club member who is on duty for the Club. Off duty club members and other congoers/staff/panelists/catgirls are in no way controlled by this document. It is a request to be left alone.

For the purposes of this List, a glomp is defined as a hug with momentum. Whereing the glomper moves towards the glompee and hugs on impact in a fashion that could be seen as a restrained tackle. Glomping can also be defined as a hug in which the glomper jumps on the glompee without any forward motion, but still suprising the glompy with their hug. While glomps are not always violent, they can be legally considered assault if unwanted and can damage property (costumes, merchandise) and in extreme cases both the glompee and the glomper.

****************EDIT***************
Everyone that wishes to be on the YES Glomp list, please PM or post the following for me.
Your real name
your favorite flavor of Pocky
Your favorite anime characters

This does not guarantee the character or flavor but will be used as a guideline.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 08:49:51 pm »
Hee hee, you already know I'm on the Yes Glomp list :P
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:10:46 am »
If you see a member of the Shinsengumi walking with a lady in a dark blue kimono - don't glomp us.  We are on an assignment, and if our cover is blown we just might have to take you into an alley somewhere and...

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 04:24:46 pm »
Ahh okay then ^.^ Even so there are going to be more people who arent on the forums who may want pocky but dont want to be glomped ^^
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 12:03:20 am »
GLOMPING IS FUN!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 08:51:30 am »
For the record, you may add my name to the "Glomp me please" list.  *L*
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 01:56:50 pm »
The trouble is that most of the people who do not want to be glomped are too antisocial to be on the forums in the first place and when the convention comes around they'll probably avoid all of our clipboarders and grumble at them without actually signing he list!
 :cry:

You try and help people.....
*shakes head sadly*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 08:41:11 pm »
Can you add me to the not full glomp list????? And to anyone who glomps me I'll have a metal suitcase with me as part of my cosplay and as a sheild.

Offline Kasuni

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kasuni_emily
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 09:02:00 pm »
I've never been glomped before ;_; I'll be on the YES list ^^
Everybody needs a hug ^^ Tell me if you haven't had your needs met!!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 10:31:50 pm »
one of my friends from the japan trip was saying to me " i've lived thru 23 years of life with out breaking a bone but i have a feeling that will change if i'm glomped"
if he gos i so glomping him
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 12:05:30 am »
Hahah I think everyone wants to be glomped haha
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 02:59:52 am »
It's a wonder how this will be policed, or if this is gonna be a bigger boondoggle than random Pocky searches on the Fukuoka Subway?

Be that as it may, I can fend for myself. I might like a good glompin'. But if stuff goes south faster than a bullet train to Tijuana, I'll have to use some mad moves I learned back when I was an undercover fare inspector. *WHA-YAAAAAAAH!*  :twisted:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 02:02:27 pm »
Quote from: "Densha_Rockstar"
It's a wonder how this will be policed, or if this is gonna be a bigger boondoggle than random Pocky searches on the Fukuoka Subway?

Policed?
The No Glomp List is only official as far as Pocky Club activities though. I will be policing the activites myself with the help of my Bothan spies. Any Pocky Club member who glomps someone on the NGL will be penalized with a loss of Pocky and perhaps........expulsion from the club itself in a ceremony of shame!

........good thing there's only one person on the list so far.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 02:37:02 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"

........good thing there's only one person on the list so far.

I have the feeling that there will be more than that at the con...

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 07:38:43 pm »
careful if you glomp me, i wont be fully healed from my crash at the con, so dont knock me into anything sharp or hard ^^;
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 08:45:41 pm »
Please be careful if I'm glomped. I've recently injured my wrist and I don't want to get it even more injured that it already is. I need it for orchestra and Color Guard.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 03:25:41 am »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"
Please be careful if I'm glomped. I've recently injured my wrist and I don't want to get it even more injured that it already is. I need it for orchestra and Color Guard.

So noted. Do you have a wrist brace or something obvious just in case you're in a non-fuku costume? I'dhate for us to get an order to you just to forget to be careful because we didn't know you from your screenname.

Just so everyone knows, all Pocky Club agents are trained that if they DO glomp someone, they will not knock them over or squeeze the breath out of them. Ronime probasbly would be OK but the wind's wrist might be on the same side as the delivery agent.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 10:09:21 am »
TT__TT Ron-kun, what happened? -clings- Megan told me there was a bike or somethin'?

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 12:42:11 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"

So noted. Do you have a wrist brace or something obvious just in case you're in a non-fuku costume? I'dhate for us to get an order to you just to forget to be careful because we didn't know you from your screenname.

Just so everyone knows, all Pocky Club agents are trained that if they DO glomp someone, they will not knock them over or squeeze the breath out of them. Ronime probasbly would be OK but the wind's wrist might be on the same side as the delivery agent.

When I'm in costume period, I'll be wearing an ace bandage around my wrist. I can't afford to bust it. It's also my right wrist, which I use all the time.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kuri-chan

• Cabbit
    • http://kizokuro.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2005, 08:08:09 pm »
I've never really been glomped before...does it hurt? o__o
x_x . s m i l e .

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2005, 12:18:09 am »
Quote from: "Kuri-chan"
I've never really been glomped before...does it hurt? o__o

that really depends on the glomper.  sometimes, you just get a gentle hug, others will go for some closer to a running tackle.  either way, they will usually ask before doing anything.  doing without asking can be considered rude to some people.

kuri-chan...?  how you came to that name if you dun mind me asking o_o?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Densha_Rockstar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2005, 01:42:19 am »
Just as long as the "glomp" doesn't go into the intensity of that guy from "POSER MOBILE".  :lol:

Offline sumomo_san

• Chibi
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2005, 04:39:32 am »
I was at the mall one day last year when I came out of a store and there was a bunch of people cosplaying! So my sister walked up to them and it turned out they were having a kumoricon meeting. I told them who I copsplayed as and one randomly said "I love you!" and glomped me. I said "Oh...kay..." And kind of walked off dazed. It was my first close encounter with the fourth kind- GLOMPING. Luckily I was not scarred for life and I might hold out for a few more glomps this year. (This semi-relavent rant was brought to you by Sumomo-san.)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2005, 11:35:47 am »
Kuri-tan not Kuri-chan!
Gosh! -napoleon dynamite voice-

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 11:37:27 am »
Put me on the yes list, please, but please be careful when you do.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 03:19:36 pm »
man, i no i dont wanna be glopmed.  not so much because of not wanting to be touched or anything but im going to have mile high boots on that even a slight tap may have me flying ass over teakettle,  use good gloping sence.....friends dont let friends glomp drunk and all that.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 11:12:07 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
man, i no i dont wanna be glopmed.  not so much because of not wanting to be touched or anything but im going to have mile high boots on that even a slight tap may have me flying ass over teakettle,  use good gloping sence.....friends dont let friends glomp drunk and all that.

Geeze, if you want on the list it's a good thing we have NO FRICKING CLUE WHO YOU ARE!

Seriously, did your login break? LEt us know man, I'm serious about these lists.

Kei-Kei- consider yourself added!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Heavensclone

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 04:28:15 am »
Heh, tought choice, though I doubt being on a "no glomp list" would help me, lol.

I'll be going as Shirtless Dante from Devil May Cry 3.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 07:25:53 am »
Quote from: "Kasuni"
I've never been glomped before ;_; I'll be on the YES list ^^

awwww...i'll get my friends and I to glomp you.
Creepy, ne?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Heavensclone

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2005, 03:39:46 am »
Lol, thanks.  But I think Agni and Rudra would like to be glomped also :)

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 11:06:10 am »
I'm already on the glomp list... I signed up at the last general meeting, Though sadly I don't think i'm going to be that recognizable as i'm not going to cosplay *tear*....

Should I get a sign or something? Like one that says "I am Misu". I'm not really the type of person that stands out that much....

Or will there be tracking tags put on everyone as they go through the door to track them?

Heavensclone

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 03:13:03 am »
Glomping buddies!