Author Topic: Donating for a Panel  (Read 4573 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Donating for a Panel
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:17:29 pm »
So, for my panel's I'm going to try having some art to give away for FREE to people who answer trivia, or some other such contests.

I am kind of willing to pay for art for the prizes, if it's inexpensive enough.
I'm also willing to do art trades, if people'd rather that.

I'm wondering if there are any artists that want to donate small little arts (no bigger than 4x5 print size) for the panels, as a sort of free advertising for your booth in the artist's alley or your own small commission service (ie. through deviantart.com, livejournal.com, whatever). Naturally, your art should include a business card or some form of writing where people can contact you at (post-con time).

While one of the panels I host is Vic Mignonga centered, I'm not limited to art that involves stuff he's worked in. In fact, I'm very welcoming to any art people want to share so long as it's PG-13 appropriate.

If there's anyone interested, do let me know! :) I'd like to share with the community the art you all have.

DEAD LINE DATE
for Sakura : April 18th *art must be in my hand by then, I'll not be checking my mail the 21st or before, so to make sure I get it, I want the art BY the 18th*
for Kumori : August 29th

PM me for the address. Addresses you'll be sending art to DIFFERS for Sakura and Kumori. However if you're sending me art at the same time for Sakura and Kumori, that's the same address, so let me know :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:21:17 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Kizxm

• Cabbit
    • tum tum
Re: Donating for a Panel
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:41:43 pm »
I m willing to donate something if you want. Um is it just like anything or do you want something like... specific?

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:47:42 pm »
Anything you're willing to share. The only requirement is that it's in the PG-13 rules, since they might be given to minors. The other bit is to have some sort of contact information, like your website URL or something, on it so they can contact you. If you don't care about them contacting you and just want to do free art, then yay~

I'll take digital art/copies only on the chance that they're monotone. I haven't been able to buy color ink forever cause I keep forgetting about it >>; And the art would be on regular printer paper. *shrugs* So that'd be up to you.
Kumori'15

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 10:01:40 am »
I'm willing to donate. :3

e: Wait...so is this for Kumoricon or what? > . <
Also, do you have to be apart of the Artist's Alley to donate?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:03:27 am by Mew*Haruko »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:42 pm »
You don't have to be part of the artist's alley to donate ^^

And it's for kumoricon. I might take a few if I get them early enough for Sakuracon.
Kumori'15

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »
May I make a suggestion or 2?

Perhaps as for people to do sketch card art (ACEO sized pieces) that correlates with the theme of your choice so artists who want to submit stuff won't be floundering about what to submit. Also, they fit easily into a letter envelop for shipping. Perhaps even supply the little ACEO card.

And also, just to be fair about reproduction of other people's work, make sure to have the artist to submit the print rather then printing it off yourself. It doesn't make you look like you are just printing people's stuff. I know that is not the case here, but it is best to never put yourself in that position. Perhaps we can talk about working out a deal between the Artist Alley Daily Drawing that I plan on hosting again this year and your panel.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 03:41:11 pm »
Very true!  :)

The reason I didn't suggest an anime or anything yet, is because I don't want to limit the artists to drawing only that. But I do agree it sometimes helps people to focus on what to draw.

Oh yes definately. I wouldn't be accepting something I've seen everywhere or looks like it might be ripped off. I would rather get the prints sent to me, and I would rather not have to print out the work myself (because I can't afford it in paper or ink). And I just don't have the right kind of printer or supplies to be doing beautiful prints. :-\

I'd like to work out a deal between the Artist Alley Daily Drawing. Last year's was fun. I'm hesitant to though, because this is really just a small thing for people who come to answer the trivia or do other actions. I might end up with extras after trying it in motion at SakuraCon, and I might not.

That ACEO card idea is a great one! Since they are so tiny.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:42:58 pm by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline Kizxm

• Cabbit
    • tum tum
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:23 pm »
Haha alright, well I have some extras from last year's k con that i could easily ship- um i ll give it to you free granted I can throw in a business card with it~
pm me for my contact info c:

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:10 am »
^^ Sent you a PM~

Business cards would be loved. I might even see something I want to buy *giggle*
Kumori'15