Author Topic: NINTENDO DS GAMES?  (Read 3985 times)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
NINTENDO DS GAMES?
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »
So my sister just got a DSi and she got Cooking Mama 2, some "okay" game called got style Savvy, and I begged them to get Mario Kart for the sake of Nintendo.

Also on of my stereotypical friends who thinks Pokemon is retarded, gave me Pokemon pear, infact his Pokemon edition DS lite and guitar hero (without charger and that guitar hero add on.) ~LUCKY ME.

Anyway, I was just wondering what good games you guys have played on the DS? I'm thinking of trading in that Pokemon edition DS and some other games to get DRAGON QUEST 9.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: NINTENDO DS GAMES?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52:06 pm »
World Ends With You, Zelda: Hourglass, uhhhh 999 looks good, Kingdom Hearts: 300 something/something days is good

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:33:45 pm »
The Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games, fo sho. Scribblenauts is fun. I also like Animal Crossing and Rune Factory. Also, I haven't played 'em, but I hear the Professor Layton games are very good.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:03:17 pm »
Ohgod here I go
This is for everyone since I look these up sometimes myself.

Puzzle RPGs
**Ghost Trick: unique puzzle game, awesome storyline. Pretty short, and you could finish in a few hours with a walkthrough (so don't) Not much replay value
Trace Memory: Okay puzzle game, decent storyline. Very short, little to no replay value
**Professor Layton: Puzzle game with hundreds of puzzles/riddles cumulatively. Pretty fun for brainteasers or to get unique ideas. All of them have cute storylines and the last two are really sad. 3 games are out so far (I think 3 more coming, and a movie was released)
Phoenix Wright: Puzzle/investigation game. Cool series, some people like it more than others. Pretty long story, so it'll take a while to beat each game.
999: Like an online point-and-click game. I only played a few minutes of it, MOST OF WHICH WAS WORDS, which was highly boring. Buuut it looks cool I guess? They don't utilize the fact that it's a videogame very well, and narrate every little thing...

Strategy RPGs
haven't played many of these since I suck at them ono
**Pokemon Explorers of Sky: omg get this. As far as strategy goes it's pretty easy. Mission-based dungeon-crawler WITH POKEMON, with an awesome storyline. Awesomeeeee. Lots of replay value and hours of gameplay, as most Pokemon games.
Disgaea: I haven't played much of these because it's too hard for me haha. So yeah.
Shin Megami Tensei - Devil's Survivor: By the creators of Persona with similar aspects. Story about the world ending and you having to stop it. It's... pretty hard though xD But fun.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: idk it looks cool. I forget if this is the only tactics game for DS, but I don't think it is...

Action RPGs
Phantasy Star Zero: Couldn't manage to beat the boss, so I don't know how good the story is, but it's basically like an online MMORPG for your DS :D (without as many people)
Avalon Code: Fun if you like games where you get to collect things on the side. Story is decent, I guess. It's pretty easy though since you can customize a lot of the world, making monsters really weak or making your weapons invincible.
**The World Ends With You: Highly recommended! Great story hours of gameplay. Tons of unlockable secrets and lots of stuff to collect.
Zelda- Phantom Hourglass: Really short for a Zelda game, but still pretty fun.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Good if you've played the original KH games since you'll get the storyline and references. Like those, it's a button-mashing smash-em-up game where you play as the antagonists from KH2, the only difference is it's mission-based so you have a bit less freedom. But you can play multiplayer, which is fun as long as everyone's on the same level.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: idk it looks cool. haven't played tho.
Okamiden: not out yet but it looks cool haha.

Rhythm games
**Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Epic funnnnn look it up on youtube. However, these are JP only so you'd need to order them from Japan or get lucky at a local store. (and I think one of the DS systems, DSi maybe, is region coded so you wouldn't be able to play it anyway :c) The third game has a story mode and a vocaloid song, too
Elite Beat Agents: Also pretty fun, with funny stories for each song. but it got boring fast, so you might want to just borrow this.
Rhythm Heaven: I hear so-so reviews on this, but I haven't played it. Hey, it's a rhythm game.

Puzzle
Puyo pop fever: pretty fun and addicting :P I think there's multiplayer mode, but you need everyone to have the game... (I think.)
Scribblenauts: Great fun, highly recommended. You can do nearly anything, if you can imagine it. That includes ride on a Pegasus with God, wearing sunglasses and wielding chainsaws. Yes, you heard me right.

Action
Trauma Center: I hear a lot of people like this... the story is ridiculous tho. You might not like it if you don't like blood, but it isn't that realistic xD And the first game is the hardest in the series, so you might want to skip it, haha. Helps you work on your focus :P
Mario Kart DS: because.
Super Mario 64 DS: (not sure of the title) but it's basically the same as the original for the N64, but with a few new secrets. A fun action/mario game for any gamer

Other/Casual Gamers
**Animal Crossing: If you've never played it before it's kind of a must-play in it's own little category. Pretty addicting, and you'll spend hours on it.
Nintendogs: lul if you want something cute it's fun for the hell of it
Chibi-Robo: This is pretty addicting, but no actual story at all :'D

Not Recommended
Drawn-to-life: just no.
Spore Creatures: Very short, small, and boring. If you want to play spore, get the PC game

Offline NekoChan234

• Catgirl
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:31:18 am »
you still looking to trade your pokemon ds?

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »
DESCRIPTION OF THE POKEMON DS lite: It has the two legendary pokemon from Sinnoh on top of it. It's black.

It's top is flappy, so it wont stand still, it just goes down. I have no charger for it. It's also a bit scratched but nothing really noticable. Not scratched on the screen. Also no stylus.

It's up for 35 dollars or Dragon Quest IX.

Also, I already have someone that wants to deal with me, theres a high possibility it might not happen so...yeah.

Plus, thanks for the info guys!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:52:09 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:41 am »
Final Fantasy III is also great.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 03:07:15 pm »
^ I was thinking of getting IV. I don't like Terra much.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 09:01:30 am »
FFIII on the DS is the original FFIII from Japan...not the FFVI/FFIII super famicon/nintendo release. Different game that you are thinking about.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 04:58:53 pm »
No, I know about the whole story, but they made a remake of the actual IV. I wanna check that one out.

Plus, that DS lite is sold now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:01:17 pm by NARUNIK »