I might.
3 (20%)
Nope.
1 (6.7%)
What's GameStorm? D:
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: March 28, 2011, 06:26:36 pm

Author Topic: GameStorm 2011!  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
GameStorm 2011!
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »
I can't wait for GameStorm to come around and was wondering who else is gonna be there too.  ;D

I prereg'd in November while staffing OryCon. I might be a panelist. I'm gonna probably be running some games, too, among other things though.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:28:11 pm by Usagichan »
~ Bunny ~
Assistant Director of Infrastructure
Formerly Yojimbo Office Coordinator, Yojimbo Dispatch Coordinator, Yojimbo, and Con Suite Staff.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: GameStorm 2011!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:06:33 pm »
I'm most likely going to be helping out with the event every day, except for Saturday.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:34:41 pm »
Oh really? :D That's awesome. I'll have to look forward to seeing you there then...?
~ Bunny ~
Formerly Yojimbo Office Coordinator, Yojimbo Dispatch Coordinator, Yojimbo, and Con Suite Staff.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 12:13:15 pm »
And now you should tell me what it is >>
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:01:33 pm »
Oh really? :D That's awesome. I'll have to look forward to seeing you there then...?

You've got it.  Once we get closer, I'll probably have a better idea as to what I'll be doing and what I'll be wearing, and stuff...

And now you should tell me what it is >>

This event is a four-day gaming con like thing.  RPG's, card games, board games, video games; stuff like that.

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 01:57:28 pm »
Sounds cool. I'll have to look it up to get more info sometime... (where, when, cost, etc...)
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:30:06 am »
Sorry for disappearing. GameStorm 13 is going to be at the Vancouver Hilton from March 24th through 27th. It's $35.00 until 11:59 PM March 6 when pre-registration closes, then it will be $45.00 at the door, opening at 2 PM March 24.
~ Bunny ~

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 01:35:37 am »
There's open gaming with an extensive game library; a game lab; role-playing; card games... and a crap load more too.
It's a social and strategic game convention.
~ Bunny ~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 03:07:16 pm »
The Game Lab portion of GameStorm particularly impresses me. There are workshops and opportunities for beta-testing and peer and professional feedback for folks who develop their own (offline) games.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:02:16 am by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 02:35:02 pm »
That is indeed true, Rem. :D Thank you for bringing that up.

Have you involved yourself in it before? :3
~ Bunny ~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »
That is indeed true, Rem. :D Thank you for bringing that up.

Have you involved yourself in it before? :3

*blush* Nope. But one of our Creation Station panelists at OryCon, Robert Plamondon, gave a workshop on Simplifying RPG Systems, and has published his own materials. One of the folks with whom I was for years in a LARP pirate fleet (in the SCA & offshoot events) wrote books for an RPG system. And since, compared to most in the KC milieu, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to gaming, what most fascinates me about GameStorm is that it's not just a set of tourneys for players, but a comprehensive itinerary for those ambitious enough and creative enough to launch their own contributions to the various arenas of offline gaming. My cousin was a beta tester for computer wrestling games. To know that there are equivalents for offline games is fascinating. I think it would be an amazingly fun experience to playtest a game. As a kid I used to love to outsmart tests such as the CTBS (California Test of Basic Skills)--to grok how the test designers had strategized to lure kids into selecting each of the potential but incorrect answers. I think it would likewise be fun to look at a gaming system and notice how the authors and designers shape the game with their precise choices in diction, rulemaking, graphics....
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 02:57:01 pm »
*blush* Nope. But one of our Creation Station panelists at OryCon, Robert Plamondon, gave a workshop on Simplifying RPG Systems, and has published his own materials. One of the folks with whom I was for years in a LARP pirate fleet (in the SCA & offshoot events) wrote books for an RPG system. And since, compared to most in the KC milieu, I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to gaming, what most fascinates me about GameStorm is that it's not just a set of tourneys for players, but a comprehensive itinerary for those ambitious enough and creative enough to launch their own contributions to the various arenas of offline gaming. My cousin was a beta tester for computer wrestling games. To know that there are equivalents for offline games is fascinating. I think it would be an amazingly fun experience to playtest a game. As a kid I used to love to outsmart tests such as the CTBS (California Test of Basic Skills)--to grok how the test designers had strategized to lure kids into selecting each of the potential but incorrect answers. I think it would likewise be fun to look at a gaming system and notice how the authors and designers shape the game with their precise choices in diction, rulemaking, graphics....

Ah, I see. I think I met Robert last OryCon, not entirely sure though... But that's really neat. I've found that part of GameStorm intriguing and fascinating also, which is why I'm getting involved with it this year. I know people who are quite involved with GameStorm and have been for years, so when I had the opportunity to I registered while away from my post briefly at OryCon. I think I'm suppose to be a volunteer and be helping my friends who are staff this year, I'm not completely sure though...

(Oh, by the way, Rem? Squeek said to say hi to you. :D )
~ Bunny ~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 03:04:00 pm »

Ah, I see. I think I met Robert last OryCon, not entirely sure though... But that's really neat. I've found that part of GameStorm intriguing and fascinating also, which is why I'm getting involved with it this year. I know people who are quite involved with GameStorm and have been for years, so when I had the opportunity to I registered while away from my post briefly at OryCon. I think I'm suppose to be a volunteer and be helping my friends who are staff this year, I'm not completely sure though...

.....AWWWWWWWW Hug each other for me!
Well if you two are going to be there I might try to see if I can afford to hike on up....
Oh hey! You said you might be a panelist.....On what subject?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:05:13 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »
Sorry for disappearing. GameStorm 13 is going to be at the Vancouver Hilton from March 24th through 27th. It's $35.00 until 11:59 PM March 6 when pre-registration closes, then it will be $45.00 at the door, opening at 2 PM March 24.

Registration can be done at www.gamestorm.org .  YAY!!!

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 03:21:19 pm »
Registration can be done at www.gamestorm.org .  YAY!!!

Yay!! That is very true.  ;D Anyone who is interested in going should really check out registering on the site before the 6th of next month.

.....AWWWWWWWW Hug each other for me!
Well if you two are going to be there I might try to see if I can afford to hike on up....
Oh hey! You said you might be a panelist.....On what subject?

Hehehe, I'll hug him when he wakes up. (I'm over at his place right now because I needed to crash in Portland for something.)

I'm definitely going to be there, and I want to see if I can drag him along. As far as I know he wants to go also so it would just be a matter of buying his badge. But I'm trying desperately to have a job before then anyway though, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If I'm a panelist, it would be about being a GM of this generation. They needed another panelist and my friend wanted me to help out with that. Since I've been a GM for various things for years already then they thought I'd be a good person to have there. I might also be a GM for the con also.
~ Bunny ~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 04:12:31 pm »
Rockin!
What do you like to GM?

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 05:31:32 pm »
Yeah, thanks. I'm excited. I'd done lots of games so I'm not entirely sure. I do a lot of White Wolf and D&D, though I'm looking forward to trying out ShadowRun some day. ;D
~ Bunny ~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 03:20:10 am »
I was a snake shamaness. Magic in the Shadows was a fun Shadowrun read. In my dream world I'd edit RPG books for pay or barter. Used to read Clan Books for fun. Generally it surprises no one that I was a Toreador. We LARPed even meeting in persona outside of game. That was wicked fun.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 12:15:31 am »
If I go to at least one day, it will definitely be the 26th. One of the Amtgard chapters in Blackspire is holding a LARP demo there, and my other group PDX Yar is holding a Pirates Pocketmodels tourney 2 hours later, followed by a cosplay contest immediately after that!

I've marched across the bridge from MEW con back in Jan 2010, so this shouldn't be too hard to get to.
I'll be coming as crazy pirate with a crazy smile ;D, a crazy yellow shield and a bootyload of swords in a golf bag slung across my back.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 10:50:23 am »
Hm, I was wondering which day to attend, if I could only make one, so thanks for the tips!

I had been considering trying to come Friday and then see Repo....but I could save Repo for April :)

(Just caught my first Clinton St. Rocky this weekend!)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 01:54:16 pm »
Does anyone know if they will sell a pass to go to the dealers room? my husband swears some cons do this
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Usagichan

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:30 pm »
@Jaz: I'll ask my friend who's been going for years and get back to you. :D

@Jason: Oh? Awesome, do you know a guy named Jayson who lives in Vancouver who does Amtgard stuff every weekend? :D I saw him on Thursday and while we hung out he mentioned being busy on weekends with Amtgard whatnots.

@Rem: Yay for your first Clinton St. Rocky! ;D I hope that you can make it to GameStorm more than one day but if not tell me what day you'll be there so I can see you? Also, maybe we can see Repo together if you go in April. Another thing, maybe you'll be able to make some contacts at the labs where you can barter to help with with games? :D?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:51:48 pm by Usagichan »
~ Bunny ~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
All good ideas!
I will see what I can do. It comes down to whether I am going to try to go to the wedding of my best friend since age 4, who lives in Florida.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 02:21:43 pm »
@Jason: Oh? Awesome, do you know a guy named Jayson who lives in Vancouver who does Amtgard stuff every weekend? :D I saw him on Thursday and while we hung out he mentioned being busy on weekends with Amtgard whatnots.

He probably plays at Mystic Seas in Portland. If you knew his last name also and maybe what persona he goes by, I could enter it into our player finder and confirm it.

I know other than myself, there are at least two Jason's that I know in Amtgard. One lives in Tigard, so it might be the other one.

If you do have time on the weekends, every couple Saturdays of the month at noon, Mystic Seas plays at U.S. Grant Park. There's no cost to play or join, swords can be borrowed to try it out, and cosplay is encouraged, especially OC's.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 11:03:31 am »
I'm here right now.  Kumoricon runs the video game console room, so that's where I'm spending a great deal of my time.  I was here yesterday, and will be here Sunday, too.  (I can't be here Saturday, because of other commitments).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 12:19:12 pm »
I'm here right now.  Kumoricon runs the video game console room, so that's where I'm spending a great deal of my time.  I was here yesterday, and will be here Sunday, too.  (I can't be here Saturday, because of other commitments).
Sounds amazing. I'd be there if I could afford it! Enjoy! Thanks for your work :) Hug other KC Publicity peeps for me:)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:06 pm »
^ Sure thing!  (Assuming that there's any others here...)>  Oh!  Chauna was here for a few minutes!  I'll text her a hug for you.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 03:03:16 pm »
How was the rest of the event?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:38 pm »
It was pretty fun!  I got to make lots of buttons!  Some of them were custom buttons for Beau & Haru, many of which were made out of old con books and Magic cards (First time I've ever had fun with those).

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 10:04:37 am »
Wow, I have no idea how to make custom buttons :) Fun :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 12:38:02 pm »
There's a pair of machines that are needed.  The first one cuts the holes out of paper for the buttons.  The second one is a press that shoves the paper & plastic guard onto a metal thingy, then that gets sealed onto the back part.  It's quite fun.  I even taught a young girl (11, maybe?) how to do it.  She helped make about a dozen of them, or so.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 09:31:54 am »
Cool. I'd love to get tutored in such :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 02:24:53 pm »
I'll teach you if given the chance.  If not, perhaps one of the board members or someone else could...?