Author Topic: Asian Celebration volunteers?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
Asian Celebration volunteers?
« on: February 07, 2011, 02:36:25 pm »
I sent a message to Rathany asking if there was any kind of sign up for the Asian Celebration this year and i haven't received a response yet. I'm interested in volunteering again this year for the Kcon room and with the cat ears booth but i don't know who to talk to or if there even is any need for volunteers. My other friends have signed up already through other sources but i liked signing up on the forums last year. any help? DX

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Asian Celebration volunteers?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:33:19 pm »
Perhaps you could send a private message via the forums to Jaki, who is the head of Programming. Her forum name is Jamiche. If you prefer you could use programming@kumoricon.org

I spoke with her at the January General Meeting regarding this event, as I live in Eugene. There is a need for folks to commit to certain responsibilities at certain times, and then also people are welcome to come in and "spot" for those people (help them out informally and give them breaks) who happen to come to the event on their own.

So, even if you don't connect with Jaki before the event, or if you do and all the "official" KC shifts are taken, you totally should still come have a fun time at the event, and I am sure there are ways you could help out in the moment!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Tanuki19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:52:01 pm »
thanks! i just sent a message. i really want to help out again this year but i havent heard any info about it!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:54:14 pm »
I look forward to it every year.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).