Author Topic: Xbox 360 or PS3?  (Read 19196 times)

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
Xbox 360 or PS3?
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:59:44 pm »
i'd like to know what it better either with games pros or cons or just graphics. you tell me. oh yea if you have xbox live add me if you want
:FantasyGam3r <--(Stupid E was stolen)

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 04:59:34 pm »
PS3 is a better system in general.
-Free online service
-Blu Ray Player + Netflix
-Great game selection
-Amazing Graphics
-Low Failure Rate
-PSN Network is better in my opinion than xbox live.
-Most xbox games get ported to the PC, so PS3 has more console only games.
-Sleek design and quick setup.
-Chargeable controllers.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:59:52 pm by KHking »

Save Caprica!!

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:48:50 pm »
PS3 is a better system in general.
-Free online service
xBlu Ray Player + Netflix (netflix)
-Great game selection
xAmazing Graphics
-Low Failure Rate
-PSN Network is better in my opinion than xbox live.
xMost xbox games get ported to the PC, so PS3 has more console only games.
-Sleek design and quick setup.
xChargeable controllers.
i added an x next to ones that the 360 can also do

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:54 pm »
Xbox doesn't play Blu ray.
Graphics are grainer on Xbox.
The x next to  the one about ports is obvious.
And does the Xbox come with controller chargers? I thought they were batteries?

Save Caprica!!

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 05:55:00 pm »
xbox only has netflix.
yea but still awesome graphics
xD yea it kinda is
and you can buy rechargable packs for it

Offline DeafWord

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:37:37 pm »
As a 360 owner, I vote for PS3 :U There's just a greater range of titles coming out for it right now. The only thing I'm really looking forward to on the 360 right now is Brink, and I'm pretty sure that's multi-plat. Plus the controller is better for just about everything other than shooters on the PS3
This is a signature

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:57:52 pm »
Yay! Somebody agrees with me :D

Save Caprica!!

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 12:00:02 am »
I think they're both great systems and this is really only an argument over what people prefer. I know that xbox doesn't have Blu-Ray and the opening page of the PS3 is better organized and easier to use and navigate, but I personally prefer the xbox because it's what I started on and it's what I'm most familiar with. Although, I do have to say that in my experience (anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) people who like multiplayer gaming tend to gravitate toward the xbox, since there's a larger community there.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:50:42 am »
^ This, more or less. There are a few legitimate "differences" (i.e. Blu-Ray), but mostly it's about people's pre-existing opinions, what crowds they run with, and what type of games they prefer.

(But technically, it's not possible for anyone to correct you per se about your experience wrt multiplayer. Even if they've had a different experience, yours is still just as valid.)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »
Nick, I'd just like to say I told you so....

Oh, yeah if your really hard core about multiplayer gaming then get a PC or Xbox. (Xbox is more popular for coming out first in my opinion.)

Anyway, I prefer PS3 for all thats stated above. I really don't need an Xbox because I got a good PC. most the games that aren't on PS3(and are on 360) are on PC.

Oh, just like to say that the people that invented Crysis ( PC exclusive graphics revolutionizing game) are making Crysis 2 for Console. They actually worked with PS3 also and stated that the PS3 will preform better.

You see the xbox is made like a PC pretty much. The PS3 is a bit different. Now the 360's graphics card is better but the PS3 has seven cords all made for graphics.

for example, one core does textures, another does shading.

oh, if you hack games on a ps3, last time i checked you can still play online with them. not sure about that fact though.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:14:46 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:07:11 pm »
NIK im not reading you opinion because its gunna be PS3 or PC

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 10:08:43 pm »
Your words make no sense. It's about Xbox or PS3. It explains some facts that relate to the PC.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 03:07:26 pm »
Oh the wonders of LinkImpoter's lack of common grammar.
But I totally agree with you ^.^

Save Caprica!!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 03:37:25 pm »
Thanks. Oh and now Sony's pist at hackers now. lol.

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »
Your words make no sense. It's about Xbox or PS3. It explains some facts that relate to the PC.
I didnt want to read any of your nonsense but i did so the PC thingy made sense

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 12:00:27 am »
Tone it down, guys.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 10:31:59 am »
As a person that owns both...I prefer PS3. If the game is multi-platform, I get the PS3 version. KHking already has a decent list as to the reasons but I will throw in a little bit.

As for the charge packs for the 360...yes they work, but are they as convenient, no. You have to spend extra money in order to have them where as the PS3 controllers just come that way.

PS3(Blu-Ray) discs can hold a lot more data than the HD discs used for 360 games. In several cases, there has been content cut on 360 versions of games to save space...not to mention, large games have 3+ discs where the PS3 gets it done with only one. I have had issues with multiple disc games being glitchy & sometimes freezing on the 360. Though this could also be hardware related, I am not the only person that has had these issues.

As far as the graphics go, both systems can perform admirably. However, the Blu-Ray technology tends to make games more crisp & polished than the 360 versions. I have seen side by side comparisons on a few games & I can see a difference. It may not be enough to bother most people or even be noticable for that matter, but it is there.

Overall, they are both good systems. For me, the pros to PS3 far outweigh those on the 360...but once again, I do own both. The reason for this is simple..."exclusive" titles. There are titles that I like & want to play/own on the 360 that are not offered on the PS3...not too many to be honest, but still enough for me to own one. In all honesty, if I could get all of those titles on my PS3, I would sell the 360 in a heartbeat.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 11:40:28 am »
know how i decided?
well PS3 is better but xbox was cheaper. XD
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 08:42:14 pm »
know how i decided?
well PS3 is better but xbox was cheaper. XD
Same here

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 05:37:41 am »
PS3's actually cheaper in the long run, assuming that you're going to be playing games online.  However, a lot of DLC releases for 360 before PS3 (such as Rock Band), so you're missing out on content there.  The real downfall for both is the fact that many of the best titles for both are also available for PC, where you can play with a more customized control interface, better connectivity, and an upgradable platform.  The PS3 is more stable, the controllers have longer battery life (from what I can tell), has free multiplayer (given an internet connection), and there are more RPGs available.  360 has one of the most ergonomic controllers ever released, syncs quicker than any of the other 7th gen consoles, and has more FPSs available.  There's really no saying that one's better or worse; they both have their pros and cons, and personally I wouldn't mind owning either, but I'm happier to have spent $550 building myself a gaming computer than half that on either a 360 or PS3.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 10:15:40 am »
Personally, I own neither.  I'm quite content with my PS2 and X-BOX and see no significant reason for me to get something newer.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 11:36:27 am »
I actually like them both xD
Both have some flaws buuut i think either one is great
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 01:14:52 pm »
Personally, I own neither.  I'm quite content with my PS2 and X-BOX and see no significant reason for me to get something newer.

This, for me as well.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 02:34:13 pm »

This, for me as well.

YAY!  I'M NOT ALONE!!!

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:12 pm »

This, for me as well.

YAY!  I'M NOT ALONE!!!
well if you look at ps3 and xbox 360 its mostly fps or 3rdps. I like playing ps2 because there more adventure, fighting, and, rpg games. I own a PS3 but its mostly my Blu ray player becuase I rarely play it at times.

Also thats the only reason why prefer ps3 because i rarely play so i would not like a xbox360 to pay to play online since am rarely on it

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 01:01:41 am »
Like most others here, I have to give my love to the PS3. I have both a PS3 and a 360 (and a Wii, and almost every other console that's come out since the Atari 2600 and Odyssey), and while the 360 is a decent console, I play my PS3 a lot more than the 360, mainly for the reasons that were already mentioned.
Plus the PS3 has more Gundam games than the 360, and I'm a huge Gundam nerd. And I'm still praying for a US release of Bumpy Trot 2/Steambot Chronicles 2 (if that game ever gets finished), so that game is another plus for the PS3. And it's region free, so I can import games from Japan if I want, while the 360 isn't region free without modding it.
I do like the 360, yes, but I just prefer the PS3 overall. And I have to hard time swallowing the fact that you have to pay a fee to go online with the 360 (at least as far as I know there isn't a free option), which I think is a total rip-off. But that's just me.

Though I will say that the PS3 could really use some decent RPGs. There are a few, but not many. The PS2 had a ton of amazing RPGs... Not sure why PS3 RPGs are so hard to come by.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:02:42 am by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 07:00:48 am »
I think in due time, there will be a lot more RPG's available as they are still learning how to push the limits on the system(same as was done with both playstations before it). Concidering the technology is much more advanced than it's predecessor, I imagine it takes more time to properly develop a good game & RPGs tend to be larger games as it is. If you have ever gone back & played a game that came out shortly after the system did, then played one toward the end of it's career, most of the time there are huge differences. Just give it time...I'm sure we will have more epic adventures rolling out soon enough. ^^

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 03:31:15 pm »

This, for me as well.

YAY!  I'M NOT ALONE!!!
well if you look at ps3 and xbox 360 its mostly fps or 3rdps. I like playing ps2 because there more adventure, fighting, and, rpg games. I own a PS3 but its mostly my Blu ray player becuase I rarely play it at times.

Also thats the only reason why prefer ps3 because i rarely play so i would not like a xbox360 to pay to play online since am rarely on it

I've heard others say that they like their Blu-ray for the PS3.  For me, though, Blu-ray is over-rated.  A friend of mine showed me a movie on hers once, and it didn't seem that special to me.

There are a couple of things about the PS3 that do intrigue me to think about getting one, as well as with the 360, but none enough to make me WANT one.  (Unless I win one, then I'll accept it and try it).

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 08:07:28 am »
PS3 also happens to be one of the most well built & fault free Blu-Ray players on the market. I own a separate Blu-Ray player that I have in my bedroom & it isn't nearly as fast as the PS3. Still a good player though.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 02:40:14 pm »
I think in due time, there will be a lot more RPG's available as they are still learning how to push the limits on the system(same as was done with both playstations before it). Concidering the technology is much more advanced than it's predecessor, I imagine it takes more time to properly develop a good game & RPGs tend to be larger games as it is. If you have ever gone back & played a game that came out shortly after the system did, then played one toward the end of it's career, most of the time there are huge differences. Just give it time...I'm sure we will have more epic adventures rolling out soon enough. ^^
That's probably true. Guess I'll have to continue to be patient.
In the meantime, I guess I've still got Rogue Galaxy and Steambot Chronicles (though I guess Steambot isn't technically an RPG). And Dark Cloud... And MS Saga: A New Dawn...

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 03:11:23 pm »
My own personal opinion & experiences:

I used to be a 360 kid only because it was the most advanced system I had and I only got it for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (At the time I didn't know it came out on PS3 as well). Also to shove it in my brother's face cause he was a PS3 whore and I could still play FFXIII on 360.
It's graphics are amazing (again, IMO) but paying for online sucks. Now I never use it cause I have my PS3. If anything, I would use it for shooters and when I want to randomly. I like the feel of their controllers better and they fit better with my hands which makes me feel more comfortable to game.
PS3 has free online which is amazing for someone like me and it still has good graphics. I like the trophy system better than the achievement system because it's easier to keep track of progress through percentiles then out of 1000...especially if a game has over 1000 available GS.
And well...let's say after a week of owning the console I played it enough to have a Platinum and after two weeks a good number of trophies and over 50% on LBP. It might be because I only ever had two games for 360 but I think I just feel more comfortable with the memories from my PS2 and it's a system I know better.

All in all, everyone is going to tell you different things because we all have our own experiences. Back with the Red Ring Achievement, everyone would tell you to get a PS3 but now that it's fixed, it's really all up to your gaming style and which system has more meaning for you.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 03:26:00 pm »
if you wanna see an example play bayonetta on both versions. The xbox is so much better the the ps3 for graphics.
but in all reallity each system is built specifically. It depends on your interest in gaming. Like I would rather play rpgs all day then play a fps
it all comes back to what your fav genre is

China bound!!!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 06:49:53 pm »
^ sir, capcom didn't work with the ps3 and only converted it to it. They only worked on the xbox. Lots of companies did that in the beginning, now if you noticed Ubisoft's (Which worked for Brotherhood on the PS3 and Xbox360) Assasans Creed Brotherhood is better on the PS3, frames are smoother and textures are slightly better.

I shouldn't have to mention Crysis 2 to and how their company worked on PS3 also. It's slightly better on the PS3.

Fallout 3 isn't so amazing on PS3 either, but then look at New Vegas. It looks liked they worked with the PS3 or something now.

Offline linksimposter69

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 11:56:31 pm »
if you wanna see an example play bayonetta on both versions. The xbox is so much better the the ps3 for graphics.
but in all reallity each system is built specifically. It depends on your interest in gaming. Like I would rather play rpgs all day then play a fps
it all comes back to what your fav genre is
I'm in total agreement with you griff it does seem to be what kinda game you like

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 01:41:29 am »
^ sir, capcom didn't work with the ps3 and only converted it to it. They only worked on the xbox. Lots of companies did that in the beginning, now if you noticed Ubisoft's (Which worked for Brotherhood on the PS3 and Xbox360) Assasans Creed Brotherhood is better on the PS3, frames are smoother and textures are slightly better.

I shouldn't have to mention Crysis 2 to and how their company worked on PS3 also. It's slightly better on the PS3.

Fallout 3 isn't so amazing on PS3 either, but then look at New Vegas. It looks liked they worked with the PS3 or something now.

Dude...your statement has really no point in it.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:16 am »
Xbox has way more games I want, but the ps3 has pretty graphics. I consider the ps3 to be much more valuable; yet I rarely play it and play the Xbox all the time. If a game goes on both consoles, I get the Xbox one. But ps3 games like Heavy Rain are too good to miss

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:07 pm »

Dude, you don't get it. Fallout 3 was crap on the ps3 because it was just a conversion. Bethesda didn't work on the ps3, so fallout 3 was better on 360 . On New Vegas, they worked on both consoles . New Vegas looks great and is fleshed out well on the ps3 and slightly better than 360.

It's really just company's. Even Mass Effect 2 is better on PS3 because they took there time to work on it.

But whatever, Windows PC pwns all.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:34:46 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:28 pm »
Never been a fan of PC games, myself.  It's probably because of a compatibility thing, though, or something...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 04:43:11 pm »

Dude, you don't get it. Fallout 3 was crap on the ps3 because it was just a conversion. Bethesda didn't work on the ps3. On New Vegas, they did. New Vegas looks great and is fleshed out well.

It's really just company's. Even Mass Effect 2 is better on PS3 because they took there time to work on it.

But whatever, Windows PC pwns all.

Oh really now?
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/fallout-3-graphics-comparison/a-20081029142713613021
360 FO3 is all grainy with no smooth textures until you stand still.
PS3 may have a duller color system that makes things harder to read but in a post-apocalyptic world, I would rather see dull colors than vibrant ones. It sets a better mood for me.
Each has their own give and take and neither is over all crap. Whether one looks good or bad is on personal preference as to what you prefer. Do you want grainy graphics or do you want smooth graphics? Do you want to read signs that have no real purpose or do you want to see a more bleak atmosphere (That in my opinion relates better to the theme of the game)?

No, it is not the companies. Companies will make a game based on their designs. They aren't going to go around and make three different versions for PS3, 360, and PC unless they have an ungodly amount of time and money. They will make one and format it for all the systems it will be played on. They aren't going to focus on just ONE console because that cuts out a vast majority of people who play the other. If someone doesn't like how a game looks for their console they aren't going to go out and buy another console to play the game. Thus, that would lose them business. They do a give and take so games look good on all systems and have equal highs and lows.

Lastly, this topic has nothing to do with PC gaming so stop bringing it up.

(P.S. It would be a more valid argument if you had proper grammar.)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 05:06:11 pm »
PS3 wasn't as smooth as the xbox version...-_-

But if you know how f3 looks like on ps3 then look at the improvement with new vegas...

http://g4tv.com/videos/49445/Fallout-New-Vegas-Comparison-PS3Xbox-360-Video/