Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XIII - 2  (Read 9155 times)

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
FINAL FANTASY XIII - 2
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:05:01 pm »
Yeah....Im not lying...

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII - 2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:45 am »
yeah you get to play sexy sexy male -droooooollllls hes so yummmeh o.o

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:19:38 pm »
I saw something about this.  I love how Final Fantasy started out as a company publishing their last game ever due to bankruptcy, and now all they have to say is "we're making a game that starts with Final Fantasy and ends with a big number; GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY AGAIN PLS" and they make $100M. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline CLAP_attack

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:46 am »
I believe its called final fantasy xiii versus .
kcon plans 2013 ' plans ;

Minato Arisato - P3 ( 50% )
Renzou Shima - AnE ( 0% )
Finny in wonderland - Kuroshitsuji ( 0% )

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »
I believe its called final fantasy xiii versus .

yupp i got sexy wall scroll of him

Offline TheDevilsNightmare

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:33:23 pm »

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 07:10:12 am »
Ya, I saw the Versus trailer in Japanese...looks pretty cool. There is no saying whether or not XIII-2 will suck or not...just gonna have to play it & find out.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 03:27:58 pm »
Ya, I saw the Versus trailer in Japanese...looks pretty cool. There is no saying whether or not XIII-2 will suck or not...just gonna have to play it & find out.

*nods*
I agree

China bound!!!

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 06:36:16 pm »
i don't care if it's a bit shorter than the older one, they need it to have a wider variety of exploration.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 04:36:40 pm »
Why aren't they calling it XIV?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »
Because each final fantasy is it's own. 9 and 10 having nothing to do with each other. Plus there is already a 14...

XIII-2 is the sequal of XIII...

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 04:42:06 pm »
I thought they were all part of the same world, or whatever...
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 04:47:42 pm »
Common mistake. I thought that too when I played my first final Fantasy. Well they all got chocobo's and most have moogles but still different setting, different story.

But anyway, I don't think Im going to buy this one if it still has it's crappy element of exploration and quest styles...

Hopefully versus will be good...

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »
Each Final Fantasy is it's own adventure in itself. Each number is a new world with a new cast and a new mission with no relation to the last.
If one is #-2, then it is of the same world, similar/same characters with some new additions, and has a possibility of the mission relating to the end of the game.

SPOILERS!!! (highlight)

FFX for example.
FFX takes place on Spira and the mission is to rid the world of Sin. In the end this happens and Tidus (main character) disappears.
FFX-2 is two years later and Yuna (Main Character) finds a sphere showing Tidus which leads her to believe he is alive and still on Spira. She goes after him and in the end finds out it's not him and yadda yadda.

FFXIII
This game is set on Cocoon, a world created and maintained by Fal'Cie (and later on Gran Pulse which is the world of monsters). The main characters get turned into l'Cie and have to fulfill their focus or they will be turned into Cieth (monsters). If they complete their focus they are given eternal life and transform into crystals.

No idea about XIII-2 yet but at the end of XIII, they all turn into crystals but are then broken from their crystal stasis. Because of their eternal life, there is no real hints as to how far in the future 2 is but just that it is after the events of XIII.

-END-

As for XIV, it is more like a second chance at XI, which was also an MMORPG. It has nothing to do with any of the past games though has some relations to XI but all the classes and races are titled differently and such.

One consistent element is Chocobos and in most their are moogles (XIII does not have any).
You will see reappearing monsters such as Cactar and Tonberry but most are different through all the games.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:55:59 pm by Gryffinclaw Princess »

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 06:40:26 am »

As for XIV, it is more like a second chance at XI, which was also an MMORPG. It has nothing to do with any of the past games though has some relations to XI but all the classes and races are titled differently and such.

One consistent element is Chocobos and in most their are moogles (XIII does not have any).
You will see reappearing monsters such as Cactar and Tonberry but most are different through all the games.
This is not meant to start an argument with avid WoW players...only to correct/shed light on the above comment. :)
Actually, so far XIV has been a failed attempt at making another XI with newer concepts (still a lot of kinks to work out as there is with any new MMORPG). Despite what a lot of people may want to believe, FFXI was very successful & loved by A LOT of people who dedicated years to it. Many of those people are still playing it now & with the newer expansions & updates, there is plenty of new content to keep them happy. I myself played it from the time of NA release to just last year & even though I quit, I still find myself missing it here & there. For those who did play the game enough, they could tell you that the stories & characters in FFXI were just as amazing as other FF games, you just played through them with other players rather than by yourself (CoP was exceptionally amazing...the end of it made me want to cry). Since FFXI came out when WoW was already established as the most popular MMORPG, it was hard for most people to want to play it. FFXI just didn't have the simplicity that people were so used to with WoW & didn't want to put in the extra effort required to become an exceptional player. Over time they did make it a lot easier for newer FFXI players to move up in levels & such, but there is still a lot to the game that requires extra work.

You forgot to mention Cid...almost all FF games have a Cid in them with the exception of a few.

I personally make it my goal to give every FF game a chance as I have enjoyed just about every single one of them...so I won't be shunning FFXIII-2 until I have had the chance to actually play it.

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 11:31:12 am »
I just want to note that even though almost all Final Fantasies are based in different worlds, one exception is FF Tactics and FF X11. They are both set in the same world, but I am pretty sure that all numbered FF's are different worlds.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 12:53:10 pm »
My opinion here...

FFXIII does NOT need a sequel. It needs a sequel like FFX-2 needs a sequel. Or FFX for that matter (shivers the mention of the atrocity that is FFX-2). The story ended with the bad guys gone, Cocoon saved, etc. etc. I have completely lost all faith in the FF series at this point. -sighs- I'll probably still look at the game because I don't like to judge before seeing, but Square's pretty much dead to me after what they did to Parasite Eve.

An FF game that needs a sequel? FFVI. Kefka succeeded. He DESTROYED THE WORLD. If an FF game needs a sequel, its that one.

Or FFIX. The world wasn't destroyed, but Bermecia was destroyed, Cleyra was blown up, an entire world's worth of Genome's now has to make their home on Gaia, Terra was destroyed, Alexandria was blown up, there was lotsa war, they still have the remnants of the Mist to take care of, people have to figure out how to live without the mist that served as energy for near everything, etc. etc. Not as much as FFVI, but it is certainly more deserving than FFXIII. -sigh-

Just my opinion.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »
(Sorry for the derail, but what did Square do to Parasite Eve? I played 1 and 2, but that was many years ago... did they make a new sequel, but effed it up?)

Edit: replaced weirdly ambiguous conjunction.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:05:29 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Titus_Love_Doll

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 03:10:15 pm »
we need THE final Fantasy .......

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 12:05:19 am »
... They turned Parasite Eve into Kingdom Hearts with guns.

No, I'm serious. 3rd Birthday was finally released for the PSP, and it's an M rated KH. With time travel, 'science' that's pretty much magic, and so much WTF-ery. Ugh... took my childhood and smashed it up, they did >> And yes, Parasite Eve was a part of my childhood... I watched my sister play it, and the first still holds a very special place in my heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_3rd_Birthday

There's a link. The gameplay is good, music is good, etc... but the storyline destroys the series completely. Then stomps on and eats the remains.

But this isn't a 3rd Birthday thread...

I agree. We need THE Final Fantasy. You know, so the FINAL actually makes sense. xD
KumoriCon 2012

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 01:27:40 am »
Final does make sense. Final Fantasy I was going to be the last game this designer/director/whatever you wanna call him was going to make. But the game went off so well he decided to do another one. Then that hit it off well and it has just gone from there.
It also connects to the story play. Each character has their own fantasy and (except for those sequels) they each reach one or another.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 06:27:53 am »
I'm not going to knock a FF game until I play it...there have been far too many very great games/stories to just shrug this one off because it's a sequel. I personally liked FFXIII a lot...despite everyone hating on it, I enjoyed the hell out of that game to the point of 100% completion. Although I don't want another FFX-2 to happen, I would like to think SE learned a lesson on that one. Plus, if they were to pull off a sequel to FFXIII & do it well, I would be more than happy to play with the same characters again in a new adventure.

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 08:49:05 pm »
I really like the game too, but for me, the exploration and customization lack in it made go "eh...?"

I don't see how you could hate on the battle style though, I liked it, although I still prefer the traditional style of Japanese rpg games like Dragon Quest. ( Is it me or know one knows about Dragon Quest here?)

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 09:08:01 am »
Part of the reason behind the sequel is that they wanted to touch up on the lives of the characters and give them more of a "happy ending", especially Lightning. I personally am excited for this, cause supposedly its supposed to be on par with the non-sequel final fantasy games. They also said they weren't even gonna do the sequel in the first place unless the fans wanted it.

Also for those of you who are clamoring for the FINAL fantasy, look at FFXIV. I've heard nothing but trash about it, so unless it gets its head on straight or XIII-2 does really well, we might end the series with a sequel and a poor quality MMO.

And a random question: is it gonna connect to Versus XIII as well or just the original XIII?

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 04:03:08 am »
just gonna say i have yet to find a final fantasy game that was not good (did not play X-2 so I cant complain about it)

China bound!!!

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 07:03:25 pm »
So they released a new trailer at PAX, and it looks like it keeps to the spirit of XIII while also adding in a bit more depth with the battle system. Plus my favorite character is coming back, so now I'm a happy camper and am gonna get this game when it comes out. Although that means I'm gonna have to add another game to my quest of finishing every single main series Final Fantasy(not counting XI and XIV) and another cosplay to my list...

For those that haven't seen it yet: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/4096-Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-PAX-2011-Trailer

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 01:21:29 pm »
I for one am looking forward to XIII-2 (X-2 may have been lacking in story depth, but it had one of the best combat systems of any FF and plenty of replay value) I just hope I have time to replay XIII and unlock the rest of my trophies before the release. I may even cosplay Serah if I can force Cannon to be Snow (or Noel)
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 02:06:17 pm »
No, I'm serious. 3rd Birthday was finally released for the PSP, and it's an M rated KH. With time travel, 'science' that's pretty much magic, and so much WTF-ery. Ugh... took my childhood and smashed it up, they did >> And yes, Parasite Eve was a part of my childhood... I watched my sister play it, and the first still holds a very special place in my heart.

I'm not saying 3rd birthday was good as I haven't played and have generally negative things about it but science as magic and being "so much WTF-ery" is exactly what the first Parasite Eve was all about. It's what made me love it.

Offline Donovyn

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 05:01:33 pm »
yeah released in january i'm pretty sure...i think i heard that a final fantasy XIV was being released later this year? not 100%

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 05:57:12 pm »
yeah released in january i'm pretty sure...i think i heard that a final fantasy XIV was being released later this year? not 100%

Final Fantasy XIV has been out for over 6 months now. It has been free-to-play this entire time too as an apology from Square for how terrible the game has been...

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:36 pm »
They are continuing to keep the game free to play until they are happy with how everything is going.
While the PC version has been out, the console version is being released later this year (November).

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 09:40:44 am »
I just saw a moogle turn into a bow. I am officially intrigued. It just damn well better not be as linear as XIII was. looks like they are using pretty much the same battle system which is a shame.