Author Topic: New Manga in my head  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
New Manga in my head
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:57:31 am »
I want the opinion from the forum.  I've a manga rolling around in my head and want to know if people would even read a manga style webcomic that was set so that Americans can culturally relate to the characters more.  I don't believe in writing about a culture that I don't know very well.  I also want to reference things that we in the states know about.

My characters don't wear school uniforms but I did want to give a homage to the school girl uniform with one character that wears a pleated skirt.  But then I also have a skater punk chick at well.

What you all think?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: New Manga in my head
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:08:23 am »
I encourage you in your creative pursuits. There are, in fact, web manga out there; we've had some submitted to Kumoricon's fanfic / manga /webcomic contests before.

Without knowing what plot or setting you have in mind for the characters, it is hard to give further feedback.

It's fun, though, if you design characters that would be entertaining to cosplay. First year of KC, 2003 in Eugene, in addition to Integra Hellsing, my other cosplay was Seraphim from Megatokyo.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
Re: New Manga in my head
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:24 am »
Well I don't want to give away too much of the plot but there is jumping demensions from our reality to another...and the adventure they have getting back home.  It's more involved then that.  I do have the main characters designed.  Still trying to design the main "bad guy" and his henchmen.  I do have some ideas about the henchmen which I think are very fun to imagine.  So basically its an action adventure.