The preliminary (let's say, semi-final
) rules page is up for the Kumoricon 2011 Contest!
Here it is: www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2011-amv.htm
Here are SIX categories:
1. INTENSITY: Similar to an 'Action' category. A strong and solid audio and visual story engaging the audience with impact, high suspense, and gripping scenes throughout.
2. INSTRUMENTAL: This category is an open format, using any anime and any style of AMV, with the only criterion being that the music does not contain any discernible lyrics and scat or nonsense syllables either. Music may
use the human voice as a wordless instrument.
Two examples:Music Sample 1Music Sample 2
3.RETRO: Each submission must satisfy BOTH
of these conditions below:
a. All music and sources must be at least five (5) years old
b. The sum, in years, of the latest (youngest) video source and audio source must equal AT LEAST 30.
4. RANDOM AMUSEMENT: This is a broader category than Comedy / Parody; it also includes bizarre or off-beat works that con
-fuse as well as a
5. TRAILERS: Includes fake commercials, TV spots, and movie and game trailers. May use actual advertising audio or a fictitious creation in the style of a commercial, trailer, or fake episode opening credits. Serious and intriguing dual-openers will also show in this category. Comedy trailers may get redirected to RANDOM AMUSEMENT.
6. EFFECTS This is where the high-speed music and flashy stuff meet. Take your Bonine(R) and buckle in!
Content is PG-13 (one 'illicit exposure' up to 0.2 sec duration,) with ONE explicit word allowed in the lyrics (My add.)
PM me for typos to fix.
Other questions comments or suggestions leading up to 1-Mar-11 WELCOME!