Author Topic: Various Artist Alley Questions  (Read 3596 times)

Offline Inky Brushtail

• Cabbit
    • Inky @ DeviantArt
Various Artist Alley Questions
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »
I've been part of an Artist Alley before, 4 years in a row in fact, at Anime Weekend Atlanta. But that's the only con I've ever had a table at. I'm interested in having a table at Kumoricon, but I don't know how the process is, or what's the space like. Can anybody share with me their previous experience or perhaps tell me what the rules have been in previous years? When does table registration usually open up?

Any bit of information would be greatly appreciated. :3

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: Various Artist Alley Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:22:51 pm »
I'm not sure how to describe the experience... It's usually set in the back of the dealer's hall, with decent traffic, and a lot of cool people and varied types of art? But I bet most of those things are universal xD

I'm not sure when registration opens up, but I'm curious as well. c:

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »
There is a thread by our AA manger under 'Fan Creations' here: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=14305.0

Anything you need to know, you should be able to find out there :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Inky Brushtail

• Cabbit
    • Inky @ DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:22:31 pm »
Thanks you guys! I was kind of starting to wonder if anybody would have answer me. :C
Hazuza, that's actually a lot different from the con I used to go to, which was really big, had it's artist alley in a large warehouse feeling room down the hall from the dealers room. I got almost no traffic last year due to the strange way the con decided to organize the tables. There was also a 80/20 original art to fanart rule, which people broke all over the place. :/

Having the artist alley as part of the dealers room makes sense and it'll also be good for the artists. People don't spend all their money in one room only to find the other later. :3