Author Topic: Most popular Anime/Series? :D  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Pots

• Chibi
Most popular Anime/Series? :D
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:57:40 pm »
I know there is a lot of anime out there.... To tell you the truth, I don't really watch anime all that much anymore >: (besides Kuragehime <3) I would like to know what is popular/good amongst the fourms peeps or just in general :D. THANKS SO MUCH!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Most popular Anime/Series? :D
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:56:20 pm »
(Since the last time I made a similar post like this: POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!)

Well, for me, I'm a fan of the good classic stuff.  Ranma 1/2, 3x3 Eyes, Project A-Ko, and stuff like that.  I also like things that aren't too forced into my throat, like Geobreeders, Ninja Nonsense, and Karin.

Anime, like anything for my liking, needs to have something gripping in order for me to even try it out.  I need a tolerable plot line.  Graphics are sometimes important, but only when it looks like they're an attempt; however, if that's the main selling point, then it's garbage to me.  I love humor, even in something that's not labeled as a comedy, like Grave of the Fireflies.

Of course, I like stuff with hot female characters, but even that can be a reason for me to be all "bleck" to something.  I typically frown on anything that involves drug use, but sometimes that can be a powerful contribution to a story, or it can be really funny, like Samurai Champloo.

I like some kids animes, but even they need to be something I can stomach.  Pokemon & Digimon are huge fails for me, but Hamtaro is great!  (There's another one that I used to watch, but I don't remember what it was called...).

Okay, I think I'll end it here for now; it's getting close to Tuesday.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline sandrobotticelli

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:44:11 pm »
Hmm, well there are a few I like. I think if you like Kuragehime you may also like Kimi ni Todoke and maybe even Hatsukoi Limited. I just noticed that my friends that I know really well who like Kuragehime also like those other two.
Angel Beats is another anime that I just finished and really liked~

I could put together a huge list but, eh, I rather not XD
Especially since I don't know what your fav genre is, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 02:45:31 pm by sandrobotticelli »
Kumoricon 2013:
Neophyte Redglare- Homestuck
Madame de Pompadour- Le Chevalier D'Eon

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:02:06 pm »
From what I've gathered, the really popular anime among people right now are Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Ouran Host Club, and Axis Powers Hetalia. Those seem to be the ones with the ridiculously huge fan bases, for better(Bleach and One Piece) or for worse(Naruto and Hetalia). However it really comes down to the person and what kind of anime they like in the first place. Great example: I like the more action packed anime, so thats why Bleach is #1 on my anime list, but I don't like the school anime much at all so Ouran is completely wasted on me.

Personal list of top 10: Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Shaman King, Zoids(they need to revive this ;-;), Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Naruto, Soul Eater, Samurai Champloo, One Piece

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:27:37 pm »
Personal list of top 10: Zoids(they need to revive this ;-;)

One of my best friends would absolutely agree with you on this.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:29:42 pm »
Everyone needs to give One Piece a chance, it's like the most popular manga in Japan and Europe.
(Naruto most popular in America)
Im really loving One Piece and Naruto right now.

Bleach is good too, but the fillers are just terrible in my opinion.( reading the manga is best when it comes to shonen jump. It really makes Bleach the more awesome.)

Although if you don't like long detailed series like those, go for something like FullMetal alchemist or Eureka 7.

Deathnote is really awesome too.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:45:49 pm »
The only anime you have to watch is 'Baccano!'
It is so amazing you will never be able to get over it.
There are only 14 episodes plus 2 OVAs.
It's the perfect length with the perfect characters.
Even the English dub is fantastic.

Another one I strongly suggest is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
It's a little longer, but considerably less confusing. You end up watching it more for the characters then the actual plot line, but that's okay because the characters are fabulous.
I would advise watching the subbed version of it, but that's just a personal thing.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...