Author Topic: Why cant there be Paypal paying for the badge?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline KonekoKaulitz

• Chibi
    • Live Stream
Why cant there be Paypal paying for the badge?
« on: December 29, 2010, 12:36:08 pm »
See some people cannot have there credit card for there bank like me i have a paypal to pay for my things! Why cant i pay with paypal to get my badge???

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Re: Why cant there be Paypal paying for the badge?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 09:19:17 pm »
We might have this option in the future. But it requires some additional work to set up.

However, if you email registration@kumoricon.org, there is the possibility they can accommodate this sooner (I don't think so, but I don't know the answer for certain). Keep in mind you can also mail in your registration by check or money order, and if you are wanting to register by Dec. 31 (before the price goes up), as long as it's postmarked by that date (not necessarily received), then it's valid for the current price.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 02:23:34 am »
K-con sets up booths at mini events too, usually that is where I'd buy my badge.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:04:49 am »
I understand the frustration towards not being able to use paypal as well. But I just send money orders in then

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:39:49 am »
As far as I know, our current company that does our online transactions does not allow for Paypal.  We'd have to be set up with two different order completion systems to allow paypal, which would really, really complicate registration and error-checking the databases.  I am not saying this is impossible, but the answer to your question as to why we haven't yet is because reg is a ton of work, and that would make it be even more work:)  As was mentioned, we also do events where you can pay cash, you can send in money orders, checks, etc.  Just don't send us cash, we cannot accept cash via mail.  If you are really stuck for a way to pay, contact reg and they will likely work with you to find a way ;) 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp