Author Topic: Major glitch happening  (Read 6060 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Major glitch happening
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:00 am »
"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty. "

This is the error message I get every time I try to post, be it via computer or via phone. It redirects me from whatever thread I was in, to as though I were trying to start a new topic, and displays that error message. Erg. Help?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Re: Major glitch happening
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 12:36:09 pm »
I get the same error. When I click post it loads then stops then errors and my post appears anyway
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 01:23:29 pm »
Also today, via computer, if I click on View Unread Posts or View Unread Replies, it shows a list including threads for which the last post was made by me, as though it is having trouble tracking.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 07:24:09 pm »
"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty. "

This is the error message I get every time I try to post, be it via computer or via phone. It redirects me from whatever thread I was in, to as though I were trying to start a new topic, and displays that error message. Erg. Help?

This happens to me intermittently.  Seems to occur when I click to Post something and it takes a very long time.  Then it gives me this error.  A lot of times though, the post actually went through, so .. what the heck. XD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:40:03 pm »
Yeah, we've been having some server problems again today.

All of these, I think, ultimately stem from the forum database server being too busy.

I'm going to look into this more over the next 2-3 days and see if I can find another fix for this. Sorry about the problems.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 10:19:27 am »
A few wierd things today:
(1) It wouldn't log in the first 3 times I tried.
(2) When it finally did, it told me there were no new messages since I last logged in (like 16 hours ago), so, it must've thought it had let me in one of the times the forums didn't appear on the screen, or?
(3) The top of each post is overlain with the signature of the person whose post is above it.
(4) When I tried to get into the forums by going into my email account wherein I receive notifications from the forums, and clicking on a link, it took a long time to get any response, and the response was to send me to the front page of the website.
Just FYI.