Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 286167 times)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2011, 12:05:23 am »

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 121 lbs. (I am in the healthy range, but I wish to get more tone)

Goal: Gain toned abs, gluteus maximus, adductors and abductors, and thighs. I will do this by jogging with my dog when the weather is dry. If raining or snowing, I workout in the gym for two hours or at home doing Yoga/aerobic activities. In addition, manage my diet as well. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:06:30 am by OokamiYami »

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
Re: Getting in shape for 2011
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2011, 10:27:30 pm »
Guys. GUYS.

I can fit into a size 5/6 dress. I think the last time I could fit into a 5 OR a 6 was when I was like... 14.
I just wanted to share because this is extremely thrilling to me.

Also, just so no one panics, that's not a ghost behind me, I draped a sheet over my dresser for contrast.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2011, 10:49:33 pm »
Kelsey, y u so kawee
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2011, 01:03:37 am »
Daaayum. What did you do to make yourself slim, Kelsey? O.o

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2011, 09:44:18 am »
Kelsey you look great!

I started jogging again yesterday. Lets see how long I can keep this up. I never seem to be able to do something for too terribly long.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2011, 02:10:50 pm »
thanks you guys <3333

Daaayum. What did you do to make yourself slim, Kelsey? O.o

YOGAAAAAAAAAA!!! Man I love yoga. Plus if you're like me and you build muscle easily, yoga is super awesome because it builds longer, leaner muscle which makes you look slimmer. Not to mention, the things it does for your flexibility are insane. Diet-wise I've mostly just been trying to cut out certain things-- no more soda, extremely limited junk food, and as little pasta/carb-heavy foods as possible. I've also been cutting back on my Starbucks because as much as I love Starbucks their drinks are fairly calorie-rich (or at least the ones I like :|). I also try to get in a big breakfast then snack all day on healthy things so at lunch and dinner I'm less hungry.

I've still got dem thighs though... So I've still got work to do.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2011, 03:34:02 pm »
Yoga seems to be like a big miracle worker. How long were you in the Yoga class? I might consider looking into it. o.o

It is sooo difficult for be to eat breakfast since I tend to have less time to eat in the mornings. x_x I guess I can try to make room for it. I already cut soda and junk food; however, still need to find ways to get my body toned out.

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2011, 04:33:39 pm »
I'm not in a class, I just do the Yoga X part of P90X, coupled with their stretching workouts (if you can call them that). They're tough and you have to make sure you're doing them to the best of your ability since there's no one there to keep you from slacking, but they're pretty awesome in my opinion :3

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »
Cool, I'll give Yoga a try! :D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2011, 03:35:44 am »
Vary nice Jaqua, your looking great!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2011, 08:04:33 am »
My mom decided to get a Wii fit, so I'm going to try to do that alot. Hopefully I can lose weight between that, body dynamics at school, and track which starts in a week.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2011, 08:31:17 am »
I am not going to jog this morning so maybe I can do some other things later one. I have an interview I need to get ready for.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2011, 08:40:19 am »
Project slim-down officially starts today. I'm kicking all the junk food, no more overeating, proper portions, and committed exercise. I've been working out for years, but my diet has been keeping me from making any progress, and if I'm going to be cosplaying the people I am for Kumoricon, I need to slim down, for reals. And now, with Britt's promise to not make any sweets or baked things, and to stop buying junk food, I can finally get a proper start! Today's day one - counting calories and going to the gym later. Here's to success!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2011, 10:17:01 am »
If you're counting calories I really recommend the site www.FitDay.com

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2011, 05:17:44 pm »
My mom decided to get a Wii fit, so I'm going to try to do that alot. Hopefully I can lose weight between that, body dynamics at school, and track which starts in a week.

Wii Fit worked sooo well for me when I first started! I used to wear size medium clothes until when I played that game, I wear size small now! But I still need to be toned out. x.x

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »
That's it.... I'm tired of blaming school for my lack of working out. I have to lose some weight, I've already made so much progress I don't want to burn out now.

Height: 5'1''
Weight: Goes between 125 and 130ish.

I really should be thinner for my height but it's hard since I'm a curvy person... I just want a flat/toned stomach and legs that I can actually be proud of. This means making it to the gym again to work on my legs, and doing yoga and such in my room to work on my abs. I'll try to get some progress shots up to make me get off my butt and start doing something.

edit: Just got done doing 20 minutes of latin dancing and 20 minutes of yoga in my room, took a picture before hand to show my current weight. I hate pictures like this but it motivates me to actually do some work. I'm thinking if I lose 15 more pounds I should be closer to my ideal size.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:05:26 pm by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2011, 01:28:43 am »
Looking good already Dubaby, if you are just wanting to tone up a bit and get that *perfect* tummy I say good luck!  You are not far off from what I can see  :)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011, 02:59:46 am »
So from what I read about this K-Pop celebrity called G.NA, she used to be chubby when she went over to Korea. How she attained the mannequin figure was that she did 2,500 jump ropes per day and also managed her diet as well by eating healthily. She also performed yoga and did some stretches; in addition, A LOT of dancing too.

I might consider doing the jump rope and hoolahoop. Although, I do not think I will do 2,500. x.x Probably take my time and build up to there.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:49 am »
*post*
Zomg it's Curvezilla! D:

Do want! <3

A flat belly isn't too difficult to get but it's hell to maintain at your age. Since most of my calories are burned on multitasking, you might want to figure out something similar. The easiest way I got toned at your age was my first job pushing giant 300lb men and 200lb women in wheelchairs all day. God that was fun and I went from 76 to 71kg in 3 months. I wish I had a photo, I looked so hard. I miss that body. :/

Also, I second the dancing thing. That stuff is great.
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2011, 12:07:52 pm »
Jump ropes are insaaaaane.  I can only do about 5 minutes worth (not even consecutive) and .. no more.  I do it as a warm-up before my actual workout.  They're great.

I kinda wish I was lean like I was when I was about 19 or so, but with my current muscle mass.  Back then I was playing basketball 2-3 times a week for 2 hours, and going to the gym 2-3 times a week. Plus, uh, I had my shmexy long hair and was nice and tan~  ;)  I would post the pics, but . . I'm shirtless in most of 'em.  And I know no one wants to see a young, shirtless, tan reppy with long hair and rippling muscles. heh XD

I can do it again.  It wasn't too hard.  It's just a matter of me finding the time, which should be easier now that I quit my Fred Meyer job and only have my job doing IT now. ^^

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2011, 01:29:37 pm »
Are there other ways to make abs more leaner? I tried doing crunches for three weeks and it hasn't improved. -_-;

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2011, 02:16:41 pm »
Jump ropes are insaaaaane.  I can only do about 5 minutes worth (not even consecutive) and .. no more.  I do it as a warm-up before my actual workout.  They're great.
If you can't keep up then you have no chance of handling 1 rep of stretches. Especially the kind I do. They would either make you sweat/burn or you wouldn't feel like walking for a while.
It's just a matter of me finding the time, which should be easier now that I quit my Fred Meyer job and only have my job doing IT now. ^^
Ahahahaahahahaah! You're doomed. ;D
Are there other ways to make abs more leaner? I tried doing crunches for three weeks and it hasn't improved. -_-;
Maybe try a more natural exercises? I can't think of one activity where crunches are useful. Figure out exercises that actually require you to work your abs and they will be in better shape. I have a tendency to do random cardio but I have so much fat covering my abs that I look like an out of shape surfer that eats too many cheetos. I'm not happy with my body. :/

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:08 pm »
Does starving count as "getting in shape for the con"?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2011, 02:33:14 pm »
Does starving count as "getting in shape for the con"?
NO!

That counts as killing yourself.
Avoid that if you can.

If you think you might be another lemming like the guy in my last crew, avoid it harder. I hate filling out forms and wiping up blood. Especially when it's not mine.

Besides, food is good for you. ;)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2011, 02:36:15 pm »
But... but... I know what I'm doing...

In fact, I've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks by heavily reducing my food intake.

(The "worst" I've ever done is 5 lbs. in 1 day; it was worth it, though).

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »
Starving oneself is not a healthy way to get into fit. You can reduce your intake in food, but not to the point you don't ever eat anything. There is a way to control yourself from eating too much. Try eating slowly instead and enjoy the taste of the food. You should later notice that you can get pretty full even when you eat the right amount instead of overeating. :) Plus cut soda and junk food intake; I cut soda and junk food, and I lost a lot of weight. I drank more water instead and ate lots of salad and leaner meat.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2011, 02:54:51 pm »
But... but... I know what I'm doing...

In fact, I've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks by heavily reducing my food intake.

(The "worst" I've ever done is 5 lbs. in 1 day; it was worth it, though).

Not to be rude but you're obviously not aware of the damage starving does to ones body..... even if you are getting results you're likely to simply gain the weight back, also it can lead to some serious health problems even if you think you have it 'under control.' This is about more than just dropping pounds, it's about living healthier  lifestyles and starving absolutely does not fit in that.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2011, 03:03:00 pm »
^ & ^^ I know the risks, and how to do it safely.  That's what makes me special.  (That "worst" example was a learning process when I was wrestling; now I've gotten to a point to where I can eat, but it's a light amount that still meats my nutritional needs).

I MADE A PUN!!!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2011, 04:13:25 pm »
Then you should probably change your phrasing from starving to 'rationing food intake' because again there is nothing positive about those kind of eating habits. Sorry not trying to be rude or anything, and if that's really your way of losing weight than whatever, but I feel like posting comments about 'starving' isn't something that should be supported. Particularly on a board were there are younger posters, and in a thread where it's obvious people are looking for constructive and healthy support in their weight loss ventures.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »
concern about weight loss
No you should be rude about it. I've had too many idiot friends that thought it was a good idea to starve themselves throughout school, work or whatever. Though I could never scare them out of acting so stupid so I'm guessing you can't do it either. Anyway it's probably not such a bad thing. Most of them managed to darwin themselves with the health problems they created for themselves and the last one is still holding on because he stopped doing stupid stuff. The damage has been done but he'll probably make it to 30. :/

I remember the last girl that talked to me about her plan of not eating. She was a very active runner that started out hyperglycemic, somehow managed to kill her cycle and then a few years later, herself. Her boyfriend was always shaken up by her lack of good eating habits and her death really got to him. I don't even want to think about the other parts of that social circle. Ick.

Anyway, rationing calories might be a good thing but removing entire meals out of your plan is a bad idea. That's all I can say on the matter.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2011, 04:53:50 pm »

Well .. if you read back through this thread .. I make a case against doing exercises besides crushes to work your abs .. but whether or not you choose to do crunches .. you need to reduce body fat to show abs.  That's all it comes down to.  Doing a million crunches won't make any difference unless you reduce body fat.

If you can't keep up then you have no chance of handling 1 rep of stretches. Especially the kind I do. They would either make you sweat/burn or you wouldn't feel like walking for a while.

Most of my pre-workout stretching consists of some foam rolling, light static stretching, and mobility work.  On certain off days when I don't work out, I'll do either foam rolling, static stretching, or both.  I see no reason why "stretching" should burn you out though. ^^;

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »
Today is day one of my new plan for major lifestyle change. It's been good, and I'm actually going to stick to it this time.

I'm starting at about 380 lbs. and my goal is 300 by Kumoricon. My caloric intake is where I need to make a change, and with me counting everything that goes in my mouth now, and continuing my workout regimen, I think I can definitely make it happen.

Today, I have had about 600 cals. of food, burned a minimum of 400 cals at the gym, and I'll probably have at most 1,000 more cals. before the day ends.

Good first day! I just need to stay on it and burn all this off! Barret's gotta be lookin' good and all.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »
I see no reason why "stretching" should burn you out though. ^^;
I'm a bit unmotivated when it comes to them but my stretches demand quite a bit of balance. I guess they could pass as their own class of exercises. :/

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:13 pm »
Ah yes.. balance is tough.  If you really wanna work your abs. . try doing anything that involves maintaining your balance, haha XD

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2011, 08:45:05 am »
whip out the hula hoop for nice abs.  a friend is a belly dancer and she swears by the hula.   ;D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2011, 12:58:00 pm »
^ Hula hoops are great for that sort of thing.  Whip out the 50's music and get going!

Then you should probably change your phrasing from starving to 'rationing food intake' because again there is nothing positive about those kind of eating habits. Sorry not trying to be rude or anything, and if that's really your way of losing weight than whatever, but I feel like posting comments about 'starving' isn't something that should be supported. Particularly on a board were there are younger posters, and in a thread where it's obvious people are looking for constructive and healthy support in their weight loss ventures.

Okay, you make a point; this probably isn't the best place for jokes.  So, just to clarify for the impressionable:

"Comments made by Washougal_Otaku are not guaranteed to be serious; please eat some food, or he will hire people to force feed you a salad; please consult and physician before beginning any major dietary and/or physical changes to your lifestyles; please donate a cookie."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »
So I had tried using FitDay, as recommended, but it didn't really fit my routine, I guess. Too many foods I eat aren't in their system, too many exercises I do aren't in their system either. So, moving on.

I did just find MyFitnessPal, though, which seems to be perfect. A lot of people seem to be using it, and it has a ton of food information (even subway and gummi worms! lol). So, yeah, if anyone is looking to track their caloric intake and output, this place seems pretty nifty.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2011, 04:08:57 pm »
Right now I am under the effects something that is making me nausea when I try eating.  I am having to make myself eat at times and am taking a daily vitamin too.  Makes me not want pop or most fast food, 
Plus side I think its made me loose a couple pounds, and Lord knows I really don't need pop or junk food.  Just need to make sure I find healthyish foods that are okay on my tummy.  Today cream cheese crackers and turky on top <3!!!!
 Should be finish up in 5 more weeks or so. Maybe I can staff off the pop, think of the calories cut!

I predict I will be in a much better shape by con!
 ;)  more info later
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2011, 06:29:51 pm »
So I had tried using FitDay, as recommended, but it didn't really fit my routine, I guess. Too many foods I eat aren't in their system, too many exercises I do aren't in their system either. So, moving on.

I did just find MyFitnessPal, though, which seems to be perfect. A lot of people seem to be using it, and it has a ton of food information (even subway and gummi worms! lol). So, yeah, if anyone is looking to track their caloric intake and output, this place seems pretty nifty.

I did always find that I had to add a lot of my own stuff to FitDay.  Boxed stuff usually.  And it is saved permanently on my account so I only have to add it once. Besides that thought it worked pretty well for me.  Although I never messed around w/ too heavily with all the workout stuff.

I might check out MyFitnessPal.com if I ever decide I'm gonna go the whole countin' calories route again. ^^

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2011, 09:42:59 am »
Got to love those shin splints. 

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2011, 10:22:10 am »
Got to love those shin splints. 

Yikes. That's no good. Are you working through that right now? Hope it heals or subsides at least so you can still stay somewhat active.  :-[

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2011, 10:40:59 am »
Working through the shin splints and going to water aerobics instead of Zumba for awhile.  But will probably to go Zumba tomorrow morning and just take it easy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:42:03 am by Drauska »

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »
Guess I'll stick myself up here. I'm 15, 5'5, weigh about 165 pounds. I'm actually in pretty good shape, a decent amount of the weight is muscle from martial arts training. But for aesthetic reasons I'd like to tone my abs more, and for general health reasons I want to improve my diet.

So far, I've started taking healthier things for school lunch - instead of meat-filled sandwiches EVERY DAY, I'm bringing mostly fruits, avocados, yogurt, that kind of thing. I'm cutting down on sugary foods too, and reminding myself of portions. It's just kind of hard because I have an early lunch and zero chance to snack later in the day, so I'm always REALLY hungry when I get home. :/

As far as exercise, when the weather improves I want to start biking a lot again, and I may look into this P90X thing. I also want to find a hula hoop because I've heard they do wonders for your abs and they're also super fun. Mostly I'm looking for simple, fairly quick exercises that I can do in a fairly small space (i.e. my room).

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:49 am »
It's just kind of hard because I have an early lunch and zero chance to snack later in the day, so I'm always REALLY hungry when I get home. :/

This is a hard one to deal with.  Had the same problem in middle school, lunch was at 10:30 and I would come home about ready for dinner.
I would say safe snacks.  Wasn't a choice for me as about all we had in the house was mac n cheese top ramen and hamburger helper :P
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Chibachi Nero

• Catgirl
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2011, 12:57:54 pm »
This is a hard one to deal with.  Had the same problem in middle school, lunch was at 10:30 and I would come home about ready for dinner.
I would say safe snacks.  Wasn't a choice for me as about all we had in the house was mac n cheese top ramen and hamburger helper :P

Luckily for me, my mom's on Weight Watchers so we tend to have pretty healthy food around the house. I think the biggest problem here is reminding myself of portion sizes. When it's been five hours since I last ate anything, I just kind of fall on whatever's available. You gave me a good idea, though - I'm going to pack something extra like another thing of yogurt or a granola bar or something to eat while I wait for my bus. That's the part that usually kills me, an hour on the bus with nothing to distract me from how hungry I am.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2011, 12:25:01 am »
Make something ahead of time, like the night before, for when you get home from school.  Have it be a light in between meal so you get something in you but not too much that it doesn't take your appetite away for dinner leaving you hungry again just before bed.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2011, 11:22:12 am »
Great news! I got a hula hoop like so many people recommended on Saturday and I did it for 45 minutes that night. I was terrible. I did it again last night for an hour getting a little better but still bad. When I did it this morning I was much better, I could keep it up for about 2-4 minutes, AND I was able to make two full turns with my body while keeping the hula hoop going :3 I also woke up a little sore this morning so I think it is working. Its a lot of fun and I really enjoy doing it. Main reason I want to get better is because I want to use Bronte's light up one at the dances :P

Also I start training for my on-call position today and I think there may be some sort of exercise equipment there. If there is I am really hoping I get called in for the overnight shifts because then I can workout while everyone is sleeping (since there wont be a whole lot to do) :D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2011, 10:55:04 am »
Guh, all of these different calorie counting sites say different things, it's so confusing :\

I was on fitday, but I think I'll switch over to myfitnesspal like Eve, it looks a little more friendly. Does anyone know of a site I would be able to accurately tell how much I should be eating a day? It's ranged from 1300-1700 from what I've seen D:

Also I found a site that has some tasty low calorie recipes if anyone wants to check it out.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/recipe_slideshows/quick_low_calorie_dinner_recipes

So far I've made...
Lemon Chicken Stir Fry It was pretty good, I let it sit too long though because I was waiting for my boyfriend and my vegetables were like gloop.
Turkey tomato Panini HNNNNNNNGH. I had this last night and it was SO GOOD. I'm going to have it again today for lunch. Holy crap. The sauce stuff is super tasty and feels super cheesy.

And I think tonight I'll try Chicken Tacos with Charred tomatos. If anyone wants I can post what I make for dinner everyday to share whats good or not.

ANYWAYS, REAL REASON WHY I'VE COME TO POST. DAY 3 OF DIET WHOOOOO. Why is this amazing? I've only drank a cup of milk for the last 3 days. It's extremely hard and I'm craving it like a mofo but I'm staying strong. Maybe someday I can consume a gallon in a day again~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2011, 11:00:40 am »
Chicken Tacos with Charred tomatos
Oh damn you hit the weak spot...Ahahaha!

I'm going to have to give up on this completely. I need to lessen my activity as much as possible and start calorie counting like I used to. The new rule is to consume no less than 4000 calories per day. If my clients are really demanding from me what I think they want, I need to prepare for war, now. :-\

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2011, 11:27:39 am »
So far I've made...
Lemon Chicken Stir Fry It was pretty good, I let it sit too long though because I was waiting for my boyfriend and my vegetables were like gloop.
Turkey tomato Panini HNNNNNNNGH. I had this last night and it was SO GOOD. I'm going to have it again today for lunch. Holy crap. The sauce stuff is super tasty and feels super cheesy.

And I think tonight I'll try Chicken Tacos with Charred tomatos. If anyone wants I can post what I make for dinner everyday to share whats good or not.

That panini looks and sounds sooooo amazing. Thanks for sharing, Nikki. Just speaking for myself, I'd love to hear more about your culinary adventures, because if there's one thing I desperately need it's low-cal variety. Aside from the turkey part of the panini (since I've gone over to the green side), that sandwich looks good and I may have to take it on sometime soon. At only ~280 cal per serving, that's awesome.

And as far as caloric intake goes, any website will only be able to provide approximations, which is really all you need. It seems like if you stay within a range, you'll be fine. Too little and your body goes into starvation mode; too much and...well, that's obvious. For me, I have been told that the minimum is 1200, so for you it is probably a little more, making your given range seem pretty reasonable (1300-1700). If you stay within that area,  I would think you'd be fine, as long as you're staying active on top of it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!