Author Topic: Getting in shape  (Read 287284 times)

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
Re: Getting in shape for 2011
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2011, 09:03:52 am »
Great news! I got a hula hoop like so many people recommended on Saturday and I did it for 45 minutes that night. I was terrible. I did it again last night for an hour getting a little better but still bad. When I did it this morning I was much better, I could keep it up for about 2-4 minutes, AND I was able to make two full turns with my body while keeping the hula hoop going :3 I also woke up a little sore this morning so I think it is working. Its a lot of fun and I really enjoy doing it. Main reason I want to get better is because I want to use Bronte's light up one at the dances :P

Also I start training for my on-call position today and I think there may be some sort of exercise equipment there. If there is I am really hoping I get called in for the overnight shifts because then I can workout while everyone is sleeping (since there wont be a whole lot to do) :D

Nice Nikkiolie...glad you like it.  I've been watching a girl in my gym use the hula and she does some really beautiful moves with it.  look it up on youtube and you will see what I mean.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:36:24 pm by Drauska »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2011, 09:06:30 am »
Yeah . . it's important to note that caloric ranges do not take into account your metabolism and/or physical activity levels. ^^ 

This is just something I heard recently, but apparently the fact that we spend a lot of our time sitting down causes our bodies to store fat.  When you're walking around, even if you're not exerting a lot of energy as far as you know, it still takes a lot of energy to move your legs around because they're the biggest muscklez you got.  So if you're like me and work in IT that means you should probably get up every hour or so and do a little stint of physical activity. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:28 am »
Thanks for the tip, Reppy. I need to do that, tend to sit a lot too.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2011, 01:46:16 pm »
Well thanks for the calorie advice Eve! I tried to go with the 1300 last night, and I was only really eating proteins and whole wheat carbs but I still was super hungry by the end of the night. I think between 1500-1600 is better for me so I'll stick with that. Also that Panini would probably taste super good with some Tofurky, and actually a lot of these recipes would probably taste great substituting tofu in.

As for food, I made those Chicken Tacos with Charred Tomatos last night and they were super tasty! I'm not big on spicy things at all so I left out the jalapeno, and it was still surprisingly full of flavor. I usually hate corn tortillas too but it tasted so awesome with them. I threw on a bit of sour cream to go with it, and it has a lot less calories then I thought, and that wasn't even fat free sour cream. Anyways meal was delicious! I just had my left overs, and with the sour cream it was only around 360 calories. Yay!

Probably just going to eat out tonight because I have school til late, but tomorrow I'm hoping to make Lime Hone Glazed Chicken.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Gryffinclaw Princess

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook - Just tell me your Screenname
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2011, 02:37:13 pm »
So I havent started anything yet cause Im a slacker. I tried to start sit ups but then I got some intense pains (not cause of them) and now I get to frequent the clinic until we find out whats wrong. I might have to have my gallbladder removed and if so...I want some tips on what I can do to not stress out my tummy area and what kind of foods i can eat since getting rid of my gallbladder cuts down digestion.
For those of you who dont know, gallbladder stores bile which helps break down food so you can poo better.
Without it Ill need to start eating less greasy crap and more healthy but I dont know healthy.

Wit Beyond Measure is Man's Greatest Treasure

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »
Well, getting off of work soon and headin for the gym.  Going to water aerobics again. ;)

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2011, 12:22:35 pm »
So I havent started anything yet cause Im a slacker. I tried to start sit ups but then I got some intense pains (not cause of them) and now I get to frequent the clinic until we find out whats wrong. I might have to have my gallbladder removed and if so...I want some tips on what I can do to not stress out my tummy area and what kind of foods i can eat since getting rid of my gallbladder cuts down digestion.
For those of you who dont know, gallbladder stores bile which helps break down food so you can poo better.
Without it Ill need to start eating less greasy crap and more healthy but I dont know healthy.

Try eating more leaner meat that has reduced fat and avoid food that are extra greasy like hamburgers, french  fries, etc. That sucks that you are getting your gallbladder removed. x.x Also eat more vegetables and fruit as well with different variety of colors. :)

Offline xxToki

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2011, 06:13:28 pm »
Never too late to get started, right?

Currently: I'm sixteen-years-old (seventeen here pretty soon, this coming May), about 5'5" and weighing 120-125. I don't keep keen track of my weight.

Goal: My main goal is to really just tone up and slim down, simple as that. xD And lose five-ten pounds, maybe? But, I won't be keeping much track of that when it's only a number on a scale. If I see improvements, I'm happy. Overall being stronger, fit and healthier.

Plans: My first track practice is this coming Monday for which I will be doing mainly short-distance running and possibly high jump. I'm also setting myself to learn a lot of dances (Love & Joy for right now). Monday, I will also be changing one of my classes back to Strength Training, which I terribly miss having. That period I have Photography right now, but it's right before lunch and I love to go out on the track field and run for a bit during my break. Also, I'll be doing the "Couch to 5k in two months" program. c: Lots of exercise for me, pretty much, and smaller, more frequent portions of food throughout the day. (I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables now, but I binge a lot on sweets. </3)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:52:00 pm by xxToki »
[ Kumoricon 2014 ]

*~ Chisaki Hiradaira from Nagi no Asukara
*~ Vincent Nightray from Pandora Hearts
*~ Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill
*~ Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa
*~ Christa Renz from SNK

Offline bunny_jean

• Catgirl
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »
I'm going to start running when the weather gets better and I'm not so busy with school. Prolly just going to start by running around my block as many times as I can, maybe stopping to stretch at each lap so I'm not horrendously sore. XD Hoping to lose 15-20 lbs by Kcon. I can tell my metabolism is really slowing down (damn getting older!).
Line up:
-Kageyama (Haikyuu)
-Cordelia (Fire Emblem Awakening)
-Marauder Ashe (League of Legends)
-??? Who knows what else. Probably a cosplay I can wear my glasses with.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2011, 11:00:17 pm »
I can tell my metabolism is really slowing down (damn getting older!).
Then cheat? That's how I deal with this. :-\

I'm going to consume more fat burners. Maybe a few herbal remedies...I need to stop downing so much skullcap. I love what it does for me but it's killing me.
{Death mode} D3 Started 17.May.2011 02:20
Magi: What are you doing?
Me: I'm putting a stop to this. Now.
Magi: You'll die.
Me: I don't believe that.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2011, 11:44:19 pm »
My secret fat burners: 2 servings of fish oil, and 1-2 drops (1,000IU) of Vitamin D3. >_>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »
Do you just mix that in water or tea or something? It's been effective for you?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Squirrel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2011, 09:32:55 am »
Age~ 17
Height~ 5'4
Weight~ 94 xD
Problem~ Muffin top ; A; [NO NOT THE KIND YOU OM NOM NOM ON! D:<]

>_<

Plans for sakura con - Yoko, Miku, Konata, Lolita/Decora epic outfit or just my Kigurumi :3

I neeeeeed to lose the muffin for my yoko cosplay~!!^‿‿^

Thank you~

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2011, 09:44:55 am »
If you are 5'4 and you have a muffin top maybe it isn't because of fat but because of the type of pants you are wearing. I am 5'4 and I weigh 135 lbs and that is still considered in the normal bmi I think 94 lbs would be considered underweight. You should post a picture (if you are comfortable) I really think if you went a size bigger on your jeans they would still fit well and the muffin top would be gone.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2011, 11:03:48 am »
Type of pants matter too. All of my jeans that I've gotten more recently in my years are not hip-hugger style and they fit me better even if I need a belt and don't usually make a muffin top. However if I wear my hip-huggers from HS, the only real ones that fit my leg width I have right now.... I get the glorious muffin top.

And I'm a petite 5' person at 108 ish. *shrug* I really don't have a lot of weight to loose. Most of what I've lost since HS to now is thigh circumference.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2011, 06:38:04 pm »
NO NOT THE KIND YOU OM NOM NOM ON! D:<]
Oms anyway. There. Muffin gone. Next! :3
Most of what I've lost since HS to now is thigh circumference.
I need to work on losing lower body fat and raise a bit of core muscle to appear more androgynous for my next costume. It's fun to mess with everyone like that. ;D

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2011, 06:45:15 pm »
I had to quit track because of my breathing problems. ; A ; so this means no running for Mew. D:
I'll just jog when the weather gets better, eat healthy, and tone out my body by working on the boflex, the weight room at school, and some good ol' sit ups.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2011, 07:29:22 pm »
So, I weighed in today and I have lost 10 lbs since last week. Huzzah! I'm on the right track. ^_^ (Keep in mind, 10 lbs in a week is not ideal if you are the average weight - I'm 360, so I've got a lot to lose). Counting calories works! It really makes a huge difference, and really isn't as hard as it may seem at first.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Drauska

• Catgirl
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2011, 11:44:50 am »
Way to go Eve!!  Personally I think my scale is a liar.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2011, 05:22:28 pm »
Nice job eve.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2011, 11:06:45 pm »
Do you just mix that in water or tea or something? It's been effective for you?

The fish oil is lemon flavored, so I just drink it plain.  It tastes perfectly fine.  No "fishy" taste or anything.  However, they say you can add it to foods like salad if you wish.  And the Vitamin D is just a tiny, single drop and is flavorless.  Again, you could eat it with food but I just let a single drop fall onto a spoon and then lick it off.

You can read some of the benefits about fish oil and Vitamin D from these sites:
http://www.ergo-log.com/fishoil.html
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/vitamin-d/#new-vitamin-d-research
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/fish_oil_and_fat_loss
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/d_is_for_doping

I use Carlson's Lemon Flavored Fish Oil and Carlson's Vitamin 1,000IU D3 drops. ^^  I buy mine online from Amazon.com and Vitacost.com but you may be able to find them elsewhere.  I've just never looked anywhere besides Fred Meyer and never saw either of them there.

If you decide to go with a different brand for the Vitamin D3, make sure 1) you get liquid -- I've heard 90% absorption vs. 30% for the dry pills 2) it includes some sort of fat -- I also have been told that the fat will help the D3 get absorbed.  The stuff I buy contains coconut oil mixed in with it.

Lately I've been eating a lot of eggs and I've heard cholesterol increases testosterone and it definitely seems to be the case this past week or so. ^^
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:14:21 pm by reppy »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2011, 03:53:12 pm »
Okay, now that it's spring time, and it'll be summer (Kumoricon) in a few months, I really need to start paying attention to getting in shape.
It's not that I'd like to lose a ton of weight or anything, but I have a few areas that I'd like to work on; my stomach and hips mostly.
I was wondering if you guys know of any exercises that will help me work on those things, without gaining any muscle? (Because after doing track for quite a few years, I have more leg muscle then I would like, haha.)
Here's a picture of my current physique.

Any tips are appreciated; from diet, to certain exercises.

I have to be able to wear this by Kumoricon, and I want to be able to pull it off. 

As for stats:
Age - 15
Height - 5'7"
Weight - 130lbs
Goal - 120lbs, and smaller hips OnO;
Goal date - By Kumoricon.

Thanks~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2011, 08:45:27 pm »
@StarryShay: So you want to tone your stomach and hips? You want to work on them without gaining muscle, so just toning the areas basically? Nothing comes to mind at the moment other than cardio and side crunches to target the obliques, but if something does come to mind I'll be sure to post it.

As far as my progress goes, things are going well for me. I lost 5.5 lbs this week, and my upper body is toning at a really satisfying pace.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2011, 12:53:48 am »
Shay, I think what you're referring to is called "spot reduction" and it's not possible.  ^^  You can do specific exercises to increase muscle mass/tone up in certain areas, but you can't cause fat to burn from one area by working it more than another.

For your stomach, you can do exercises like wall-sits, planks, side planks, and all the variations of those.  I think you can do glute raises to work the hips, but that's not really an area I'm familiar with.  You could do deadlifts and squats, but you don't want to gain muscle, so.. ^^

You could always buy a cheap $5 jump rope and do 15 minutes of that a day.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:54:21 am by reppy »

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2011, 01:24:16 am »
cardio
The way the local weather behaves, it might be a bad idea but with a gym membership this would probably be ideal. Every other day would be enough to make a difference.
You could do deadlifts and squats, but you don't want to gain muscle, so.. ^^
Oh please...She's a girl. It's not like she has anything to worry about when it comes to gaining muscle(except that she's at about 3x the disadvantage I am). Most girls I see in the gym have that crappy zomgthatwillmakememuscular mindset and it sucks. If anything that is why they're still fatties.
You could always buy a cheap $5 jump rope and do 15 minutes of that a day.
I'll have to second this idea and the cardio. It's probably the fastest and most reliable way. Unless you have a HUGE backbreaking rack that puts unnecessary pain on half of your body you shouldn't be concerned about those two exercise routines let alone gaining muscle. You just don't have the body or diet necessary to grow big easily like a male can.

Also, your body must be very similar to mine because the appearance lies just the same and I share your image problems at the moment. My stomach makes me feel a lot bigger than I should be and my hips/thighs are just too damn big to justify my current diet and lifestyle. I stopped running track a long time ago and that's what kept those areas in check. If you're still running, it's probably a good idea to keep that routine and add exercises that challenge your max-lift abilities. I have a problem of storing too much energy and never burning through enough of it. I'll probably look into adopting a few cheats pretty soon.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:25:39 am by DaemonForce »

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2011, 12:06:46 pm »
Shay, to target those areas, you will still have to gain some muscle weight, but lean muscle weight is what you want to aim for, not bulky muscle. Aerobics and longer less intense work outs are great for lean muscle. Try to stay away from short explosive workouts. Since you are already pretty small, and not heavy, focusing on raising your metabolism helps, too. More muscle raises metabolism. Workouts like ab dance videos, and small weight aerobics are great for targeting the muscles in certain areas. A good ab workout video is Zumba, we did this in class, and I definately felt it in my abs. If you can get ahold of a dance video like that, there are a bunch of ab workouts you can do yourself besides boring old crunches and situps. Small weight aerobics are similar to many of the weights workouts that people do to gain bulk muscle, except you use small weights (like 5lbs) and do more reps, which builds on the lean muscle rather than the bulky muscle.

Also, what events did you do for track? I had no idea you did track xD

As for me, I lost 5 lbs over the past 2-3 weeks! I am currently in track, and that is helping some, but I think the thing that's helping the most is Body Dynamics at school. I have that every other day, and so I get a double workout everyother day because of that and track. It's awesome! But I've been having troubles with my knee and can't do as hard of a workout because of it, but the school's trainer is having me do strengthening excersises for it every day and its feeling a bit better.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »
Thanks everyone, for all of the tips.
I guess I'll just stay with doing some basic cardio then~
And Haley, I did the 400m and triple jump. xD

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2011, 01:13:42 pm »
Aw man! I just looked at all that, and that sounds great! I think I'm gonna start running on a treadmill and jump roping! :D Athough Zumba sounds and looks really fun! I watched a half an hour infomercial about it and it looks so cool! Shay, I'm stealing some of the advice people gave you! >:D

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »
When I am done with finals, I am going to start working out again. Education has always been making me exercise less due to a ton of workload I had to do for my classes (Chemistry, Biology, etc) at college. The only class that made me work out three times a week is my HPE class, which I am sooo happy to have since my science classes are very stressful and made me sit around doing homework. -_-; Monday is my finals day and then I will be free! xO

Offline FateChooseMe

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2011, 01:42:02 pm »
After this next paycheck I'm totally going to start hitting the Gym more often!
I decided for Lent that I was going to give up some things, but you know..
I should just give up on all of those things together. It'll be better for my health,
get me into shape and all of that good stuff!

:'D
SO. IT WILL BE GREAT.
Cosplay;
SeeU - Vocaloid3
Trainer (Dawn) - PKMN Plantinum
Namine - TWEWY

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »
@DaemonForce: Dude, girls can totally build muscle, I build it super easy and always have. That's actually the reason I like yoga so much, the muscle it builds is longer and leaner.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2011, 12:21:18 am »
If you can build muscle super easy I have news for you...You're not really a girl. >.>'

Also, I probably need your diet more than you do. <.<

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2011, 12:30:41 am »
I don't eat anything special and other than yoga a few times I week I never work out. I just walk a LOT. And my thighs are like... Solid muscle.

It actually kind of sucks, I wish I didn't have this... uh, ability.

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2011, 01:51:31 am »
It actually kind of sucks, I wish I didn't have this... uh, ability.
Okay Chun Li. Shut up and post your workout in detail! :3

Offline jaqua

• Bunnygirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2011, 02:38:59 am »
Step 1: Do P90X Yoga X 2-3 times a week.
Step 2: Don't own a car and live in the city, and therefore do all of your errands/transportation by walking.
Step 3: Eat whatever the hell you want because food is delicious. But not fast food, fast food (except Taco Bell because Taco Bell is delicious) can bite me. Fruits and vegetables and healthy meals are especially delicious and everyone should eat lots of them.
Step 4: Sleep a lot. When you're done with that, sleep some more.
Step 5: Build muscle.

That's basically my life in the minutest detail I can muster.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2011, 12:58:23 pm »
brb becoming Kelsey
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2011, 11:04:40 am »
So one of my best friends just got a membership to my gym, so that means after finals are over next week I can actually get into a nice work out routine with her motivating me to actually GET to the gym.

Still making some progress despite not working out lately though which is nice, I got really sick a couple weeks ago and dropped down to about 121lbs, and normally after being sick I would shoot right back up to my normal weight of around 130lbs, but I've actually been able to stay right at 125lbs since..... which might not seem like a big deal, but my weight has always tended to fluxuate between 125 and 130, so the fact that I'm actual STAYING in the low end of my weight spectrum is a little victory for me. =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2011, 11:27:57 am »
Great job, Dubaby! I'm glad that you will now have someone to work out with, because I know for me that is such a massive part of the motivation. It's hard to even get to the gym (like you said) on your own, let alone work out once there. So, all the best to you on that!

What is your goal, if you don't mind me asking? (a particular weight, shape, etc.)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2011, 04:23:55 pm »
I'm not 100% sure where I want to be with weight.... originally I wanted to lose 30 lbs, but I've lost over 40 lbs now so I need to set a new goal. 110 would be amazing, but realistically I don't know if I can do that, so I'm trying to focus more on gaining some definition and such. (Which is proving really hard for me.)

Last I checked my measurements were 37-27-38 or something like that... I'd be really pleased if I could lose a couple inches from each of those numbers.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:34 pm »
Just remember, it shouldn't be about weight it should be about shape (muscle & fat).  It doesn't matter what you weight because if its all muscle then you probably look good already.  If you see a shape you don't like, it is probably a need to lose some fat there.  Unfortunately, losing fat is usually a whole body deal not spot treatment.  Yay cardio!  Walk, run, ride, dance, play, just do something!

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2011, 09:59:15 pm »
Unfortunately for me, I have pretty much no muscle definition whatsoever, so any weight I have is pretty much all fat. XD

Buhhhh.... I just want next week to be over so I can try to get back into going to the gym.

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2011, 10:04:24 pm »
Just curious Kaitlyn, what were your measurements when you started? Because you're kind of my weight loss idol and you have my dream waist measurement haha.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »
My starting measurements were about 39-32-41 and I weighed about 167ish lbs... losing weight was something I had always kind of put off, and I honestly thought that I would give up pretty fast so I didn't really take exact measurements when I started. XD

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2011, 11:53:47 pm »
My hope has been awakened, my waist is currently 32 inches and I want to get down to 29 at the least. The only thing is that my hips are 43 inches with barely any fat on them and I also have a huge ribcage so idk if I can even be that small ;^; But I won't give up! Bettie Page had a big ribcage, didn't she?
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2011, 02:53:05 am »
RAwR of HoPE! :3
Welcome to my world! You're in the same boat as me. Damnit. >.<'

My upper body is small but very durable and runs entirely on sugar.
My rib cage is way too big for my body type. I hate it!
My chest looks normal but feels like a pidgeon chest when wearing certain costumes.
My belly doesn't have any physical anomalies like the last obese musician guy but the size of it is big enough to bother me when I think of new costuming ideas.
My waist is the smallest it will be. Period. No interest in changing that.
My thighs are large and the main meat of my legs are small enough to give me problems on leg-press machines. People wonder how I'm even able to support my own body weight because of this.
My feet are horrible thanks to me being on them ALL THE TIME. I wish I could sit at the computer more like I used to. :(

I'm probably going to start running exercises in a few hours. I have the rest of the weekend to help myself and I will.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:33 am »
I pretty much fell off of my diet and working out as soon as finals started rolling around D: I keep up on it until right about now and then it all goes to crap. I get so busy that I will forget to eat for most of the day and I really don't have time to work out (3 all nighters last week and I got about 20 hours of sleep if that says anything. Got a fever from doing that and I'm still getting over the cold I got from it too. Yeah school!). Pooooooo. I've pretty much reached a point where my actual finals week won't be hard though so I'm gonna start back up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:48:17 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DaemonForce

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2011, 10:15:11 am »
It's fine. Your finals are more important than taking care of yourself.

Wait...That's not right. >.<'

Well I guess I can't really relate. I was always perfectly conditioned for tests but couldn't handle being drowned with sudden inconsistent piles of paperwork during the evening. That always took a backseat to cross country and girls. Oh well. :/

Here's something you'll like: The routine you put yourself through when doing work is what helps you during finals. If you're on vitamins/caffeine/alcohol when learning, you have a better chance of retaining that material when you're still using said substance. This explains why some of my classmates show up for testing half-lit and the others bring in a 2L bottle of Mountain Dew.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2011, 10:25:16 am »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2011, 11:00:31 am »
Got the whole of my right shoulder tattooed last Friday, so this whole week I have been limited to doing cardio. Not my desired workout routine, but I've still been able to burn about 830 cal. for each hour of cardio (which I've done every day but yesterday). So, hopefully my shoulder will be healed up soon, but I'm at least still getting some sort of activity. I just hope my biceps don't go flat! (kidding...I'm not from Jersey Shore.)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2011, 11:05:46 am »
MAN YOU GOTTA GET THAT PUMP BEFORE YOU GO OUT THE CLUBS!